Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Oh where to start..lets see started Winston, adam jones who gave me duds. Started Ridley and Landry over Golloday and Robert Woods and had yet another opponent put up a big week against me. 2nd hardest schedule in the league 

50 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

yes it is 😕 

they already did prios to yesterdays game i guess, but I thought the other team would read news too and use one of the other receivers who all scored ~10 points -.-

Commiserate by drinking some Glühwein at a Christmas Market! I miss Germany in December!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, laracco said:

A.Jones, OBJ and Chark in a must win to get in. 7 points. Meanwhile the guy I'm playing and is out of it is using Wentz. Its going well. 

Add to that, I picked up the Eagles Def vs Miami and Zane Gonzales after the -4 I got from M. Gay last week that cost me a win and they combined for 2 whole points. In addition, I picked up Parker Sunday morning and put him squarely on my bench because I can't get myself to bench OBJ. I like to choose name over production. 

I lost 114-106 and am out. 

This week just further solidified how random FF really is. You could have plugged in Ryan Fitzpatrick and a random group from the waiver wire and most likely won your matchup. 

13 minutes ago, newyork2la said:

This week just further solidified how random FF really is. You could have plugged in Ryan Fitzpatrick and a random group from the waiver wire and most likely won your matchup. 

You could say this about literally any week, just replace Fitz with another bad/average QB capable of decent individual performances. Or just keep Fitz and it'll still happen most weeks. It's not random if it happens consistently. I don't know why people keep acting so surprised by it.

2 minutes ago, Sartorialism said:

You could say this about literally any week, just replace Fitz with another bad/average QB capable of decent individual performances. Or just keep Fitz and it'll still happen most weeks. It's not random if it happens consistently. I don't know why people keep acting so surprised by it.

consistently randomn ... or randomly consistent?

🤔

• Like 1

I'd say consistently random. It happens every week, the parts just change.

In an injury heavy sport with 50 man rosters and relatively high level of parity between teams, 'random' players stepping up and performing is inevitable.

3 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

If? Sorry, but Thielen has already been ruled out.

What's the point in limited adds? If it's to prevent manipulating waivers there's much better ways to do it.

One of my leagues has limited adds. Originally I thought it was stupid, and only two of us are up against it (I have two adds left, another guy has one) but I kind of like the added challenge.

Lost by 11 thanks to garbage time for Edelman. Then again had Winston threw a td, Jones didn’t get stuffed at the 1, pats have a average defensive game or kittle isn’t a blocking te and I would’ve won. Oh well.

now I head into week 14 with three guys tied going for the last 2 playoff spots. I win I’m in, I lose I need help from the other two 8/5 guys playing each other. 🤞🏻 

1 hour ago, newyork2la said:

No you couldn't. You could maybe have picked up a very carefully-studied group from the waiver wire - Anthony Miller (Gabriel injury), Cole Beasley (revenge game plus PPR fun), Raheem Mostert (Breida injury), Tyler Higbee (Everett injury), Benny Snell (Conner injury) but if you picked a team at random you'd have ended up with a load of junk and maybe hit on one by blind chance. Like, say, Peyton Barber.

Sorry to pick on you, but it's just lazy to say this stuff. We do the research to increase our odds and then just cross our fingers. Sure, there's a huge amount of luck involved, but it's not completely random, it demonstrably is not.

Edited by leffe186
Syntax

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

No you couldn't. You could maybe have picked up a very carefully-studied group from the waiver wire (Anthony Miller (Gabriel injjury, Cole Beasley (revenge game plus PPR fun), Raheem Mostert (Breida injury), Tyler Higbee (Everett injury), Benny Snell (Conner injury) but if you picked a team at random you'd have ended up with a load of junk and maybe hit on one by blind chance. Like, say, Peyton Barber.

Sorry to pick on you, but it's just lazy to say this stuff. We do the research to increase our odds and then just cross our fingers. Sure, there's a huge amount of luck involved, but it's not completely random, it demonstrably is not.

It’s about 90% luck

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

It’s about 90% luck

There's a lot of luck involved. I just get bored of people saying it's random or 100% luck 😉.

Buckle up guys, sharing my rollercoaster season. Its definitely a good one

Drafted 1/1, Barkley, thought he is gonna be my absolute golden ticket. At this point I'd consider him one of the biggest busts. (for his price, he basically gave you 4 potential week winning performance, all other times he dissappointed you and yes I count in the injury too)

Drafted Juju, bust again

Drafted Mike Evans and Derrick Henry... These guys kept the hope, although Evans was inconsistent with the emergence of Godwin.

Drafted Cam Newton... whelp

Drafted Sony Michel.... whelp?

Anyway, I was off to a 1-8 start, when I started turning things around, Barkley got back, I snagged Hunter Henry and got some key wins, mathematically I was never out of the playoffs so I kept trying and playing to my best abilities, I managed to rally and it all came down to week 13, I was playing against the 6th seed, me being the 7th. I had to win by 5 points and then the tiebreaker is in my favor and we both have same records.

My team going into the week : Winston, Barkley, Michel, Mike Evans, aj brown, Derrick Henry, hunter henry, zona kicker, jets defense.

I'd say this is a pretty good team, solid floors across, except Aj brown.

My opponent started poorly on thursday bears D and zeke got him like 18 points total. I had such high hopes.

And when the dust settled on Sunday night... my team scored me 62 FKIN GODDAM POINTS. This was it, fought so hard to get here, to get spit in the face by fantasy football... I am speechless, dissappointed, angry, tired.

Thanks for reading. Best of luck to anyone who is in the playoffs

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

No you couldn't. You could maybe have picked up a very carefully-studied group from the waiver wire - Anthony Miller (Gabriel injury), Cole Beasley (revenge game plus PPR fun), Raheem Mostert (Breida injury), Tyler Higbee (Everett injury), Benny Snell (Conner injury) but if you picked a team at random you'd have ended up with a load of junk and maybe hit on one by blind chance. Like, say, Peyton Barber.

All good. We’re all here to discuss. Never said it was completely random. You misread what I said. I was just saying how random it can be and this seemed to be one of those weeks. In my 14 team league we had two matchups where the 13th and 14th ranked teams knocked bubble teams out who were heavily favored. 

Not a rant (yet), but more of an amazing set of circumstances.

12 team league where 8 teams make the playoffs. 4th through 8th place were all 8-7 going into this week, I was 9th at 7-8.

I won, which means that in a 12 team league where 8 make the playoffs, an 8-8 team will definitely get left out. Amazing.

Here's the rant part: there are two teams ahead of me that seem likely to lose, but could still pull it out tonight. If they lose, I'm in (total points is the tiebreaker) But, if those two pull out there games, a third team also lost this week, but we're both out of players and I'd end up losing the spot to them by a season-long total points difference of 2/10 of a point.

(by the way, this is a thievery league where the winning team gets to steal a player from the losing team, which is why you need 8 teams in the playoffs)

The fact that I missed the playoffs in one league is actually my own fault because I benched Amari Cooper one week in PPR since he came down to a game-time decision and I thought he was very hurt.  Whether he was very hurt or not, he ended up scoring 25 fantasy points while the player I started in place of him, Calvin Ridley, had 6.  That cost me the win and as it turns out, cost me sneaking into the playoffs.  That just goes to show how crucial even one wrong lineup move can be in fantasy.

1 hour ago, 16kredit said:

Drafted 1/1, Barkley, thought he is gonna be my absolute golden ticket. At this point I'd consider him one of the biggest busts. (for his price, he basically gave you 4 potential week winning performance, all other times he dissappointed you and yes I count in the injury too)

Drafted Juju, bust again

Drafted Mike Evans and Derrick Henry... These guys kept the hope, although Evans was inconsistent with the emergence of Godwin.

Anyway, I was off to a 1-8 start, when I started turning things around, Barkley got back, I snagged Hunter Henry and got some key wins, mathematically I was never out of the playoffs so I kept trying and playing to my best abilities, I managed to rally and it all came down to week 13, I was playing against the 6th seed, me being the 7th. I had to win by 5 points and then the tiebreaker is in my favor and we both have same records.

My team going into the week : Winston, Barkley, Michel, Mike Evans, aj brown, Derrick Henry, hunter henry, zona kicker, jets defense.

My opponent started poorly on thursday bears D and zeke got him like 18 points total. I had such high hopes.

And when the dust settled on Sunday night... my team scored me 62 FKIN GODDAM POINTS. This was it, fought so hard to get here, to get spit in the face by fantasy football... I am speechless, dissappointed, angry, tired.

this was really great and well worth the read.  TOTALLY not the ending I was expecting.   Thanks for sharing.  

so great.  

1 hour ago, andypro77 said:

Not a rant (yet), but more of an amazing set of circumstances.

12 team league where 8 teams make the playoffs. 4th through 8th place were all 8-7 going into this week, I was 9th at 7-8.

I won, which means that in a 12 team league where 8 make the playoffs, an 8-8 team will definitely get left out. Amazing.

Here's the rant part: there are two teams ahead of me that seem likely to lose, but could still pull it out tonight. If they lose, I'm in (total points is the tiebreaker) But, if those two pull out there games, a third team also lost this week, but we're both out of players and I'd end up losing the spot to them by a season-long total points difference of 2/10 of a point.

(by the way, this is a thievery league where the winning team gets to steal a player from the losing team, which is why you need 8 teams in the playoffs)

How are the teams 8-8 after 13 weeks of football?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, newyork2la said:

All good. We’re all here to discuss. Never said it was completely random. You misread what I said. I was just saying how random it can be and this seemed to be one of those weeks. In my 14 team league we had two matchups where the 13th and 14th ranked teams knocked bubble teams out who were heavily favored. 

👍 Fair enough, just feels like I've heard a lot of "it's 100% luck" lately 😄.

I’m finishing the season strong with a 3 game win streak in my 14 team ppr super flex league where I’m 4th in total points. Unfortunately I’m going to miss the playoffs by one game. The disappointing part is that my week one opponent turned out to be the guy who quit trying and gave nearly everyone a free victory. Bye week starts, IR’d player starts, even empty lineup slots. Why is this important you might ask??? Because in week 1 his team blew up for the highest point total of any team in any single week this season. I took that loss while everyone else benefited from his negligence. 

3 hours ago, vercrazy said:

How are the teams 8-8 after 13 weeks of football?

Was wondering this myself lmao.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

consistently randomn ... or randomly consistent?

🤔

can it be both of the above 🤷‍♂️ 😅

7 hours ago, 16kredit said:

Drafted Juju, bust again

I have to say this reminds me of how I feel about losing in general.  If I'm going to lose, or I'm not close to getting into the playoffs, I want to be completely blown out of the water.  It stings much less than being very close and not making it or winning.

1.  It can't be overstated what a joke of a football team the eagles are...just wow.  Jim Schwartz chit his gym shorts on that one.

2.  Thanks to that fat fark Rams lineman who had Gurley's 2nd TD called back...big thanks.

3.  Jonathan Williams and the Colts CS....you win, I guess for the wtf award of the week.

4.  3rd in scoring and it's goodbye playoff hopes after another year of playing the role of league punching bag to every other team.

End of rant.

Edited by CletisVanDamme