Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

The nonsense of H2H: I'm 3-9 (about to be 3-10) in a 14 team league where I've scored more points than a 9-3 team tied for first.

10 minutes ago, Finisher said:

The nonsense of H2H: I'm 3-9 (about to be 3-10) in a 14 team league where I've scored more points than a 9-3 team tied for first.

Solution: Stop playing head to head. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

Tyler lockett is unplayable 

no he's not cause I'm playing him....sigh

Edited by wendellrott

Cut mattison  this week because I had so many injuries and had to win this week for playoffs <\3

I go 11-2 with the most points just to lose Cook the week before the playoffs. Love it. This never gets old. 

• Like 2

About to win up 1 then cook fumbles and gets injured season over. How does a team averaging 140 points a week with cook saquan and Kamara not make the playoffs! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never been more thoroughly disgusted with the end of a FF season.  After having crushed it with CMC, AJ, Diggs,Sanders, to just sputter out in 1st week of playoffs....like what good is a swinging dick in regular season if you go flaccid in playoffs?  This past week, the teams that I needed to run the ball passed, and the ones I needed to air it out resorted to ground game.  And forget streaming D- Philly got run by the Dolphins. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

Never been more thoroughly disgusted with the end of a FF season.  After having crushed it with CMC, AJ, Diggs,Sanders, to just sputter out in 1st week of playoffs....like what good is a swinging dick in regular season if you go flaccid in playoffs?  This past week, the teams that I needed to run the ball passed, and the ones I needed to air it out resorted to ground game.  And forget streaming D- Philly got run by the Dolphins. 

How many teams go to the playoffs if you already started?

Just now, hoppychokes said:

How many teams go to the playoffs if you already started?

this was a work league, 48 total teams divided into four 12 person "leagues" (separate player pools).  Each league divided into 3 divisions with winners and 1 wildcard making playoffs.  Then in weeks 15 and 16 the four league winners square off for championship; and yeah you've got a good chance of having at least some similar players to your opponent.

Blows because 1st place was $500 and only cost a $10 donation to charity.  Thought I had a good chance of making a run.

• Like 1

Fantasy Football really makes me appreciate Fantasy Baseball.  I've done pretty well overall in fantasy football but am quickly losing interest.  

• Like 1

a few weeks ago I was riding high with Cook, Conner, and Aaron Jones as my stud RBs. Now Conner is on the shelf indefinitely with a busted shoulder, Jones is backing up Jamaal-********-Williams, and Dalvin just sat out the 2nd half of his game with some sort of injury ranging from "popped in the junk and just really had to sit this one out" to "oh my god he's crying on the field which major extremity fell off". Season was sooooo good and now it's turning sooooo bad. 

23 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Officially missed the playoffs by one spot. There's a very good chance that I would have been in if I hadn't benched Golladay for Crowder. This will literally haunt me for weeks. If not longer. 

Because of 9 combined points from Diggs and Lockett, this actually didn't cost me a playoff spot. In fact, I would have been more devastated if I'd started Golladay. So, yay? 

In other news, a pick I own in dynasty is going to end up being 1.03 instead of 1.02 due to a few points in a tiebreaker. If Carson had gotten two more points tonight, I would have 1.02. Small thing but still annoying. 

I need my opponent who had Seattle kickers to score 10 points or less to make the playoffs.  That was all well and good until they couldn't get that final 1st down and kicked that last second FG which buried my season.  It's my own darn fault though.  If I would've kept Golladay in my lineup instead of buying the RoJo hype train I would've easily coasted into the playoffs.  

Now, Tampa Bay's running backs have made my DND list.  Hooray.

• Like 1

Needed to defeat my opponent last week, by any margin, to secure me a playoff spot.  Guess whose entire team decided to fall down?  (yup, mine)

Needed that same opponent to win this week, by any margin, to secure me a playoff spot.  All she had to do going into tonight's game, with Wilson and Lockett starting, was exceed projections by 5 points.  Guess whose team fell down?  (yup, hers)

Watching Penny steal all that work from Carson kills me. Give Carson one of those tds and I earn the bye in two leagues. Then there's Lockett who can't even catch one ball. I lost by .3 because of him. Oh well, better this week than next

1 minute ago, smetana34 said:

Watching Penny steal all that work from Carson kills me. Give Carson one of those tds and I earn the bye in two leagues. Then there's Lockett who can't even catch one ball. I lost by .3 because of him. Oh well, better this week than next

Me too - ridiculous.  The lying about injuries has to stop at some point to maintain any sort of credibility in the sport.

1 hour ago, Blizzard737 said:

About to win up 1 then cook fumbles and gets injured season over. How does a team averaging 140 points a week with cook saquan and Kamara not make the playoffs! 

How does a team end up with Cook, Saquon, and Kamara?

• Like 2

Sure glad I dropped Mattison so I could get Gallman so I could handcuff SUCK Juan.

It's incredible to see my team fall apart. 8-2 and 2 games clear of anyone else in my league 3 weeks ago. 3 straight losses, now on the outside of the playoff race, lost Conner, Damien and Hooper to injury. Amari Cooper has been banged up. Lockett has completely disappeared. Golladay has become boom or bust due to Stafford's injury. Jamison Crowder went from Mr. Steady to Mr. Irrelevant in the last two weeks. Dropped Rashad Penny for Darrell Williams this week, who preceded to get hurt. 

Oh well. There is always next year.