Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Lost Cook and bye spot in one league after he went out. Lost by 3 points.  Other league lost last playoff spot on the last FG to bump me out by .2, not 2..... but .2 

10 hours ago, vercrazy said:

How are the teams 8-8 after 13 weeks of football?

We play 13 games, plus 3 times each season we play against the league average.

Two reasons - It rewards teams which score more points, and also I just like having teams finish 10-6 rather than 8-5 - seems more football-like.

4 hours ago, thebadferret said:

I own Carson + Penny and Cook + Mattison. Luckily I have a bye week, i hope it's figured out till week 15.

LOL!! I own these 4 as well but no first round bye in my league!! 

• Haha 2

Lost out on the last playoff spot in the league I run by 30 points overall. I had James White and his 37 points sitting on my bench this week. D'oh !!! 

Made playoffs in my other 3 leagues, including 1 with a bye. Always sucks when you don't make the playoffs in the league you run though. 

up by 28.5 for the first place prize going into last night. Opponents Carson and Cook go off for 31. My Lockett has zero catches. All I needed was a 16 yard catch. Unbelievable 

• Haha 2

Started off 4-0 in one league and ended up 5-8.

in my main league I was 12-1 last season and this season I’m 1-12. 

My wife and I were on track to both make the playoffs, with me in the 1 seed and her in the 3 seed, giving us an opportunity to split the entire pot in the championship and send it all to the same checking account.

I clinched the 1 seed. She lost by 0.26 points because of that final Myers field goal. Now she's either out of the playoffs or we have to play each other in Week 15.

11 hours ago, gsiegel said:

How does a team end up with Cook, Saquon, and Kamara?

I drafted saquan and traded for cook gave up juju, kelce, eckler third week of the season. to get Kamara I gave up Godwin when he was on fire, Diggs and sanders. I felt so good about this team yet it’s the first time I haven’t made the playoffs with a 7-6 record really sucks. 

22 minutes ago, Blizzard737 said:

I drafted saquan and traded for cook gave up juju, kelce, eckler third week of the season. to get Kamara I gave up Godwin when he was on fire, Diggs and sanders. I felt so good about this team yet it’s the first time I haven’t made the playoffs with a 7-6 record really sucks. 

So what did your team look like then. Can't imagine it was that good considering everything you gave up

26 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

So what did your team look like then. Can't imagine it was that good considering everything you gave up

Qb: Josh Allen, jacoby Brisset

rb: cook, Kamara, saquan, guice

wr:Kupp, Boyd, metcalf 

TE: hooper, cook 

Was a 10 team league so all the teams are pretty good I weak at wr but overall was a good team scored the most points in the league by far. 

34 minutes ago, Blizzard737 said:

Qb: Josh Allen, jacoby Brisset

rb: cook, Kamara, saquan, guice

wr:Kupp, Boyd, metcalf 

TE: hooper, cook 

Was a 10 team league so all the teams are pretty good I weak at wr but overall was a good team scored the most points in the league by far. 

You killed the draft. Hooper getting hurt, Kupp sucking the past few weeks, and Kamara Barkley not being themselves hurt you. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

You killed the draft. Hooper getting hurt, Kupp sucking the past few weeks, and Kamara Barkley not being themselves hurt you. 

Yep Was Just an unlucky year I guess. 

Missed the playoffs by pts with this team:

QB: Rodgers, Winston

RB: Chubb, Jacobs, Ronald Jones, Guice

WR: Hopkins, Julio, Edelman, Robby Anderson

TE: Andrews

DST: Bills, Jets

K: Butker

Started RoJo at flex and Jets over the Bills. Lost by 16 but would have won if I stared either Guice or Bills D 😡. BUT STILL could have got in if the team in front of me for the final playoff spot lost. All I needed was for Lockett to score 5 ppr pts and that team would have lost..and of course he dances his way to ZERO fantasy points. Man I hate the luck factor in FF.

In one league I had a playoff bye week on the line. I was dead even with my opponent going into last night. I had Dalvin Cook and Tyler Lockett vs. his Chris Carson. Easy win right?

Carson looks to get knocked out of the game in the first quarter. Great for me. Then Dalvin Cook gets a quick TD. Even greater for me. Uh oh, Carson comes back in. Carson gets a quick TD. Not good for me. Carson starts racking up yardage. Even worse for me. Dalvin Cook then gets injured. Worsest. Carson keeps racking up yardage. I hate everything now. Tyler Locket goes for 0, 0, 0. I hate the universe and goodbye bye week. 

But I'd rather have this happen in the regular season than in a playoff week....there's still hope!

Edited by MurderInc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

With Mack and Howard gone with injury, the last few weeks I’ve been rotating Scarbough, Jamaal Williams, McCoy, Samuels, Jonathan Williams and Penny. Seems like I always guess wrong too. It’s been an ugly season boys lol. Barely snuck into playoffs at 7-6.

On 12/3/2019 at 10:43 AM, NyjersInParis said:

Started off 4-0 in one league and ended up 5-8.

in my main league I was 12-1 last season and this season I’m 1-12. 

Started off 7-1 in one league (and the one was very unlucky) and 3-3 in the other. Ended up with a better record in the second league. FF is weird.

13 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

With Mack and Howard gone with injury, the last few weeks I’ve been rotating Scarbough, Jamaal Williams, McCoy, Samuels, Jonathan Williams and Penny. Seems like I always guess wrong too. It’s been an ugly season boys lol. Barely snuck into playoffs at 7-6.

should be getting Mack back for playoffs though

• Like 1

missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker of h2h record with this team at 6-7.  this is my roster the final week of the regular season, but I had a decent of different amounts of players

qb- brees, murray

rb- zeke, chubb, josh Jacobs, hyde, d Johnson (waiver pickup)

wr- kupp, theilen, chark, gallup

te- engram, rudolph

d- 49ers

k-tucker

start 2 flexs, 2 rb, 2 wrs.  3rd highest points for, 2nd for points against.  Went against chase Edmunds blow up week, lost by 2 when Kupp gave a donut, if I'd started Kyler over Brees when he went against the falcons the first time, I'd be in. 

meanwhile a dude who finished first has a starting RB combo of todd gurley and duke Johnson lol (lost to him the week Edmunds blew up).

1 hour ago, GurleyMan said:

missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker of h2h record with this team at 6-7.

Tiebreaker being H2H record when you might only face a team once is effing moronic.

5:30 on a frigid Sunday morn, coffee gettin' cold way too fast down here my office bunker - poring over lineups for two qtr final matches, vs league nemesis in each - i have dodgy matchups, nicked studs, too much "meh" not enough "POP" ... why the eff do we go through all this again?     

basically down to tossing names in a cotdamn bowl and leaving it all to fate - revised and reset my lineups close to eleventeen thousand times in the oast 27 minutes ... F.M.L.

itsaprotip - love it, and wouldn't have it any other way 🤘

GL TO ALL!!1!11111!1!!!1!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

5:30 on a frigid Sunday morn, coffee gettin' cold way too fast down here my office bunker - poring over lineups for two qtr final matches, vs league nemesis in each - i have dodgy matchups, nicked studs, too much "meh" not enough "POP" ... why the eff do we go through all this again?     

basically down to tossing names in a cotdamn bowl and leaving it all to fate - revised and reset my lineups close to eleventeen thousand times in the oast 27 minutes ... F.M.L.

itsaprotip - love it, and wouldn't have it any other way 🤘

GL TO ALL!!1!11111!1!!!1!

Same problems here.

3 quarter final matchups, no Josh Jacobs today. Julio limited in a lost season.

Ugggghhhhh, it's torture and I'll miss every second of it till next year.

🐘

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Same problems here.

3 quarter final matchups, no Josh Jacobs today. Julio limited in a lost season.

Ugggghhhhh, it's torture and I'll miss every second of it till next year.

🐘

i hear ya, Cleatz 🐘

if my arse gets bounced today it's back to the ponies 🐎 full time ... it's too cold for the ponies - Aqueduct is not hospitable for human nor horse flesh come the ded of winter. 

im'ma miss this insanity like a mo' .... GIMME ONE MOAR WEEK, 'REEK!!1! 

😎

• Like 1

Bell and Jacobs are two of my RBs... Bell is sick in a good matchup and Jacobs nowna true game time decision. First round of playoffs. Awesome.

Looks like I'm rolling with Guice. Puke.

devante parker zach pascal pat laird benny snell and possibly scarborough (depends on jacobs )

tannahill is also my qb 

this is by far the worst team ive ever had make the playoffs