Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Recommended Posts

I can't believe how much of an idiot I am right now...last night I heard the news that Leveon was out. Instead of just adding Powell to my bench to block my opponent from potentially wanting to use him, I messaged to my whole league "that sucks Leveon is out". And of course my opponent was the first one to see the message, picks up Powell, and instead of getting stuck playing Coleman, Powell scores 9 extra points and that was the difference maker in our matchup. I don't know how I'm going to sleep this one off...

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is more of an observation than a rant for anyone: in one of my leagues, the owners who have Bell and Conner traded them to each other earlier during the year.  Now they're playing each other in the playoffs but without those RBs.

raw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Brees on my bench. Gonna loses by 10ish. Started Lamar instead.

smart move hindsight is 20/20

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh oh. Looks like my fate rest on higbee not going anymore. 

 

Unbelievable i I find myself starting Powell and cheering against higbee.

 

who would have ever thought this. Yet here I sit.

 

f”.:*+$#*’b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Uh oh. Looks like my fate rest on higbee not going anymore. 

 

Unbelievable i I find myself starting Powell and cheering against higbee.

 

who would have ever thought this. Yet here I sit.

 

f”.:*+$#*’b

 

I'm guessing this is not going well.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 1: 6.0 Vance

Week 2: 22.8 Vance

Week 3: 2.0 Vance

Week 4: 2.5 Olsen

Week 5: 7.1 Graham

Week 6: 9.2 Olsen

Week 7: 6.2 Hockenson

Week 8: 5.0 Graham

Week 9: 7.0 Olsen

Week 10: 3.8 Gesicki

Week 11: 3.0 Everett

Week 12: 4.2 Hollister

Week 13: 8.0 Griffin

Week 14: 4.7 Doyle

That's what I've gotten this year from the TEs in PPR LMAO. I'm averaging about 5.8 PPR points per game which is around TE33 in the NFL. I'm playing in an 10 man league. Not even sure what to do anymore. I've played 8 different TEs in my past 8 weeks. 

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Week 1: 6.0 Vance

Week 2: 22.8 Vance

Week 3: 2.0 Vance

Week 4: 2.5 Olsen

Week 5: 7.1 Graham

Week 6: 9.2 Olsen

Week 7: 6.2 Hockenson

Week 8: 5.0 Graham

Week 9: 7.0 Olsen

Week 10: 3.8 Gesicki

Week 11: 3.0 Everett

Week 12: 4.2 Hollister

Week 13: 8.0 Griffin

Week 14: 4.7 Doyle

That's what I've gotten this year from the TEs in PPR LMAO. I'm averaging about 5.8 PPR points per game which is around TE33 in the NFL. I'm playing in an 10 man league. Not even sure what to do anymore. I've played 8 different TEs in my past 8 weeks. 

 

spacer.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an unwritten rule among my league mates(90% Seahawks Fans) that I am not allowed to pick up any Seahawks players as I put a curse on them. Yesterday, I broke this rule. I picked up Rashaad Penny. I apologize to my friends and my fellow Seahawks fans. I am an idiot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lml417 said:

who else scored second highest in the league but still lost!! so frustrating! 

How about scorong first and still losing? Plus pulling off a trade that had my two rb's be Kamara and Saquon? 

How the f--- do I lose with those two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

How about scorong first and still losing? Plus pulling off a trade that had my two rb's be Kamara and Saquon? 

How the f--- do I lose with those two?

Because fantasy makes no sense sometimes. Seems like this year more than ever, the consensus top 15 picks weren't that great. I think the most frustrating thing about fantasy is when you make trades to "stack" your team, only to have them underperform. I made moves early on in the year in my 12 team league to acquire a WR trio of Adams, Julio, and OBJ...thanks to them I'm one and done in the playoffs. But at the time, seemed like the greatest move of all time...in reality I would have been better off this week picking three random guys up off waivers. That makes no sense at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

How about scorong first and still losing? Plus pulling off a trade that had my two rb's be Kamara and Saquon? 

How the f--- do I lose with those two?

 

In a long time 10 man keeper league of mine, one guy who has been in the playoffs for a decade straight missed the playoffs this year with this roster, after mortgaging his future through trading picks:

 

QB: Rodgers

RB: Kamara

RB: Barkley

WR: Mike Evans

WR: Davante Adams

TE: Kelce

Flex: James Connor 

 

On paper, that roster should have destroyed everyone and at the start of the season would have been projected to be undefeated. He ended up the 6th highest scoring team while the 3rd seed in the playoffs is the 7th highest scoring team.

 

Fantasy football is impossible to predict sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robby fkn Anderson is going to send me home for the second year in a row during the playoffs. Will eternally hate that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something has to change when this hobby, no?

My team squawked a win out but it's decimated now. Penny, Winston, Evans all went down. Powell one week play but he went down too.

Fortunately I own Godwin and Carson but no backup QB.how does one realistically keep competing when it's survival of the fittest? There's just no way to have a realistic shot at anything with so much out of your control 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the early games I was up by 20 points and my opponent only had his kicker left.  I still had a D, K, RB, and Flex left to play.

It made me not even care about the late games, Sunday night game, or tonight.  

It's probably going to result in me putting a stupid bet on tonight's game just so I'll watch it.

Sigh

Edited by K197040

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, laracco said:

There is an unwritten rule among my league mates(90% Seahawks Fans) that I am not allowed to pick up any Seahawks players as I put a curse on them. Yesterday, I broke this rule. I picked up Rashaad Penny. I apologize to my friends and my fellow Seahawks fans. I am an idiot. 

 

Some Seahawks fans if he was available on free agents. They have themselves to blame for not rostering him themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Because fantasy makes no sense sometimes. Seems like this year more than ever, the consensus top 15 picks weren't that great. I think the most frustrating thing about fantasy is when you make trades to "stack" your team, only to have them underperform. I made moves early on in the year in my 12 team league to acquire a WR trio of Adams, Julio, and OBJ...thanks to them I'm one and done in the playoffs. But at the time, seemed like the greatest move of all time...in reality I would have been better off this week picking three random guys up off waivers. That makes no sense at all.

Yup. Fantasy football is a random game of pure chance and luck, nothing more. We love football and competition so we want FF to be a game in which effort, skill, knowledge, etc is rewarded with victory but it really is nothing more than a senseless crapshoot. 

Last year I traded Mahomes mid-season for a haul of players that stacked my already strong lineup. I then had Brees at QB, 3 RB1’s, 3 of the top 5 WRs, a stud TE, and studs on my bench. It was by far the best team I ever had in my 20 years of playing. It honestly seemed like an unbeatable team. Sure enough, Brees inexplicably craps the bed in a cake matchup,  Hunt gets suspended, Conner got hurt or something, etc. Just everything went wrong and I lost in round one of the playoffs to a team that wasn’t half as good as mine. It became clear to me then that FF is a joke and an absolute waste of time.

Still, I played again this year, made a couple good offseason trades (dynasty), and actually improved what was already an incredibly stacked team from last year. Our commissioner does a season preview every year and ranks all 12 teams, etc. He described my team as “unbeatable”, with top studs at every position and studs on the bench. It legitimately looked like a team that could go undefeated. You’ll never guess what happened....didn’t even make the playoffs this time. Early season injuries, inexplicable let downs, great matchups senselessly backfiring, etc. Easily the most unenjoyable fantasy season ever. Meanwhile, teams that looked like a joke preseason are still playing. And yes, I’m aware and active on the waiver wire, trading, etc all season long. I’m probably the most active owner in the league which makes it all the more frustrating. The last two seasons have made it beyond clear that winning and losing in FF has zero to do with who you draft, who you trade for, who you pick up, or anything like that. Matchups are meaningless, projections are meaningless, research is meaningless. Winning and losing at FF comes down to sheer luck and randomness, nothing more. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like it takes some skill to consistently make the playoffs, but once you're in the playoffs then you might as well roll dice to see who wins. The two main leagues I'm in ran career data for all the teams in our leagues, compiling 10+ years of data since we've all been together that long. After ranking career points scored, win percentage, average finish place, playoff appearances, titles won, etc...there is an obvious correlation that separates the good owners from the bad. Obviously there's some outlier seasons here and there, but for the most part there's many positive correlations. If you're "good" at fantasy football you can often always be a playoff contender, but once the playoffs hit, all bets are off and you just have to hope the fantasy gods select you as their Chosen One during weeks 14-16.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I feel like it takes some skill to consistently make the playoffs, but once you're in the playoffs then you might as well roll dice to see who wins. The two main leagues I'm in ran career data for all the teams in our leagues, compiling 10+ years of data since we've all been together that long. After ranking career points scored, win percentage, average finish place, playoff appearances, titles won, etc...there is an obvious correlation that separates the good owners from the bad. Obviously there's some outlier seasons here and there, but for the most part there's many positive correlations. If you're "good" at fantasy football you can often always be a playoff contender, but once the playoffs hit, all bets are off and you just have to hope the fantasy gods select you as their Chosen One during weeks 14-16.

I think this is the truest viewpoint on the whole thing.  

Good FF managers will consistently make the playoffs year in and year out.  Of course there is so much randomness in one given year that any year could be a down year, but over a longer frame of time, a good FF player will constantly be in the playoffs.  But since there's so much randomness week to week, anything can happen once the playoffs start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SGagne said:

 

Some Seahawks fans if he was available on free agents. They have themselves to blame for not rostering him themselves.

He was drafted and dropped in October. It's not like he was setting the world on fire prior to 3 weeks ago. Also a 10 team league, so right on the fringe of rosterable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Week 1: 6.0 Vance

Week 2: 22.8 Vance

Week 3: 2.0 Vance

Week 4: 2.5 Olsen

Week 5: 7.1 Graham

Week 6: 9.2 Olsen

Week 7: 6.2 Hockenson

Week 8: 5.0 Graham

Week 9: 7.0 Olsen

Week 10: 3.8 Gesicki

Week 11: 3.0 Everett

Week 12: 4.2 Hollister

Week 13: 8.0 Griffin

Week 14: 4.7 Doyle

That's what I've gotten this year from the TEs in PPR LMAO. I'm averaging about 5.8 PPR points per game which is around TE33 in the NFL. I'm playing in an 10 man league. Not even sure what to do anymore. I've played 8 different TEs in my past 8 weeks. 

Wow...that's a thing of beauty.   You somehow avoided all of these guys good games (except for your Week 2 anomaly).

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...