Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

I haven't posted in this thread this year, mainly because just about every lineup decision I've made has been wrong, and that's my fault only. Still, it's cathartic to come in here and read other's horror stories. Godspeed fantasy brothers.  

• Like 2

Anyone else going into the semifinals like a car with a flat tire, slow leaks in 2 others, a cracked head, leaking oil, and the radio just quit?

Injuries are crushing my team.

DJ Chark is likely done, Winston my WR's QB is in danger,  Evans is out.   Hunt is taking Chubbs carries,  and Kupp is losing touches to a TE.

Man,    I am limping along like a lame horse.

• Haha 1

Traded Henry for Chubb 3-4 weeks ago and now I'm facing off against Henry. Henry's been averaging 2 TD a game since then and Chubb has lost all the goal line touches to Hunt. I ain't blaming anyone for pulling the trigger but damn that was a fu*king terrible recommendation by Rotoworld Forums to go thru with the trade offer........ 

Edited by mtx

2 minutes ago, mtx said:

Traded Henry for Chubb 3-4 weeks ago and now I'm facing off against Henry. Henry's been averaging 2 TD a game since then and Chubb has lost all the goal line touches to Hunt. I ain't blaming anyone for pulling the trigger but damn that was a fu*king terrible recommendation by Rotoworld to go thru with the offer........ 

Even before Hunt got there it was trouble.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Even before Hunt got there it was trouble.

What the hell is wrong with Cleveland????? They don't want Chubb to get the stats, accolades, and money or something????? He does all the dirty work and heavy lifting and another fool gets to run in for the glory... w/e

Before week 9 Chubb was great for 100 yards/g meanwhile Henry barely grazed 100 yards (Henry only hit 100 yards once in first 9 games)... suddenly after my trade goes through in Week 10 Henry is averaging 150++ and 2 TDs and Chubb is still hitting ~100 but no longer getting the goal line rewards. Just absolute BS!!!!!!!!! 

My 11-1 team just got eliminated by a 6-6 team who I previously had beaten by 60. I have top 5 players at almost every starting position and still got steamrolled.

2 minutes ago, drisser said:

My 11-1 team just got eliminated by a 6-6 team who I previously had beaten by 60. I have top 5 players at almost every starting position and still got steamrolled.

Yeah this is the worst part. I’d suggest two week matchups in the future. One bad week shouldn’t cost you everything. 

When your opponent starts a replacement kicker named  young hoe who scores 10 more points than your first round pick the first week of playoffs.

Because FANTASY FOOTBALL. 😂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, drisser said:

Damn. Sorry.

47 minutes ago, drisser said:

I was undefeated up until yesterday and eliminated as well . This is the third time in 10 years that has happened to me . All my best players just got injured yesterday and I honestly feel this my last year of fantasy football. It’s ruining my vibe on Sunday and Monday . 

Edited by HurryupO
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah this is the worst part. I’d suggest two week matchups in the future. One bad week shouldn’t cost you everything. 

or a bye week for the top two teams

In my pay league. I have Mahomes and Hill. So as you know, those two haven't had that many games together...along with their respective injuries.

Anyway, last week was our final week of the regular season. i won a must win match and there was a 5 way tie for the last spot. I got it. Now I am feeling pretty confident because I have some other guys like Hopkins.

I was always light at RB and so I was forced to start Guice, Snell and Penny. I started the last two. You know how this ends.

those are my margin of loses this season in one league. And in each of those leagues someone blew up on my bench.

qb mayfield

rb carson, Gordon, ekeler, lindsay, coleman, d. Freeman

wr lockett, Adams, Jeffrey, Hollywood, Tate, juju

te waller 

Def philly

k koo

I thought I killed my draft in a 12 team league. I was the most active on the ww. All I needed was philly d and Jeffrey to score 4 points and I win. 

Edited by NyjersInParis

2nd highest points In my first round 12 team/8 make playoffs. I put up a season high 142 when Slayton goes off and I lose by 7. Proceeds to not catch a single pass in the second half. Sorry, I had to vent. 

On 12/2/2019 at 11:24 AM, leffe186 said:

One of my leagues has limited adds. Originally I thought it was stupid, and only two of us are up against it (I have two adds left, another guy has one) but I kind of like the added challenge.

OK, now I think it's stupid 😡. In the semi-finals and players dropping like flies.

My RBs in my keeper league was Barkley and Kamara. Everyone thought Id run away with the division. Needless to say 2 injuries, 5 total TDs, and 12 total points in first round of the fantasy playoffs finally did me in. What a crazy hobby.

• Like 3

Through 14 weeks,  I'm number one in potential points and I missed the playoffs. Think the league will retroactively convert to a best ball league?

• Haha 1

The sharks are circling New England, the feeding frenzy is alive the Patriots thread is hot 🥵 steaming hot 🥵. Delete delete.. 

20 hours ago, drisser said:

19 hours ago, Jordan23 said:

When your opponent starts a replacement kicker named  young hoe who scores 10 more points than your first round pick the first week of playoffs.

Because FANTASY FOOTBALL. 😂

And some think fantasy football is all about skill. 

• Like 2

Am I the only one to have lost Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley and Marvin Jones in two days?

I'll be starting in the semifinals guys from the street LOL

21 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

If your league does this, when does your playoffs start and how many teams make it? Wondering how to do it without starting the playoffs in like week 10 lol. Obviously I'm being sarcastic but you get the point. I've thought about trying to get my league to do this for a while, so I'm curious others thoughts.

Team is slowly depleting. Jacobs, Parker, Olsen, Winston, and Scarbrough all beat up, plus Marvin Jones placed on IR. 

Nuff said

1 hour ago, JuanSuarez said:

Am I the only one to have lost Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley and Marvin Jones in two days?

I'll be starting in the semifinals guys from the street LOL

The good thing about WR is that you can pick up and play random waiver guys in good matchups and get something. RB or TE, not so much. 

1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

If your league does this, when does your playoffs start and how many teams make it? Wondering how to do it without starting the playoffs in like week 10 lol. Obviously I'm being sarcastic but you get the point. I've thought about trying to get my league to do this for a while, so I'm curious others thoughts.

10 team, 4 make it. Weeks 13-14 & 15-16. Not sure how it would work otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

10 team, 4 make it. Weeks 13-14 & 15-16. Not sure how it would work otherwise. 

gotcha. Yeah, easy to make work with a 10 team, but with 12, it’s a bit tougher unless you lower playoff teams from 6-4..

9 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

gotcha. Yeah, easy to make work with a 10 team, but with 12, it’s a bit tougher unless you lower playoff teams from 6-4..

Eh no fun in that. I don’t have any good 12 team ideas though. My 12 team is the standard 6 team 1 week matchups with a bye.