kane

Nikola Vucevic 2019-2020 Outlook

I think Vuc will be first round value mathematically, but picking him there in snake is hard imo because because there are certain stat profiles that if you dont secure in your first 2 picks they dry up really fast. He isnt a 25 point scorer, he wont give you elite pg stats or elite blocks. 

Love the guy but hes a second a round pick for me.

• Like 3

In a 8 cat roto draft I was 11th and went Kawhi/Vuc.  I was hoping for LeBron at 11 bc it’s 8 cat.  But Kawhi should be top 7 even in 8 cat and they’re saying load management won’t be as much of an issue this year.  I don’t think Kawhi will play more than 70 games but that’s good enough.  Vuc is a really solid pairing there imo.  Try to keep efficiency high, good scoring and threes, rebounds, stocks.  Even assists are relatively high, they’re both above median.  

Paid $34 for him in another 8 cat roto, this time auction.  My core in that league is: Westbrook/Lowry in the back court and Jokic/Vuc in the front court. 

Also, have him in a dynasty league.  

I think 14th in snake is fair. Probably will be top 10 per game and he’s durable.  $34 in auction is a steal imo.

He is a good roto player but doesn't fair as well in h2h, because all around lineups usually lose to a team that punts a cat or 2 properly. If you punt any cat, you don't make full use of his all around build. Same with jokic. 

4 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

He is a good roto player but doesn't fair as well in h2h, because all around lineups usually lose to a team that punts a cat or 2 properly. If you punt any cat, you don't make full use of his all around build. Same with jokic. 

I agree about Vuc but Jokic lends himself to either a very straightforward punt points build or punt blocks/To.  If you can land a Jokic/Booker pairing I think that’s quite good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I agree about Vuc but Jokic lends himself to either a very straightforward punt points build or punt blocks/To.  If you can land a Jokic/Booker pairing I think that’s quite good.

That's exactly what I did in roto, and followed it up with Aldridge and Porter for their low TO, high efficiency to balance Joker and Booker's poor TO.  

• Like 1

I’m hoping he drops more threes than last season. Getting some offers but keeping at the moment

10 hours ago, Snatch said:

This is exactly the way i picked. 

Pairing KAT and Vuc/Ayton probably the best starting core in 9cat. 

If you pick little/little from the start, you will never win FG% and REB with middle round bigs.  In the 3rd and 4th round there are still guards left like DLo, Conley, CP3(probably) Rubio, etc. that can completely get you assists/steals/3s, so all this talk about "guards/pg's are going early this year" seems kinda funny to me.

In my opinion the drop off from Kyrie/Booker/Beal to Dlo/CP3/Conley is much greater than the drop off of Vuc/Ayton to Collins/Adebayo/Bryant.

For example in BBMs 8cat total value projections there isn't much difference between Vuc (21st overall) and Ayton (23rd) to Adebayo (25th), Collins (29th), and Bryant (32).  However, the disparity between Beal (8th), Irving (12th), and Booker (13th) is much greater than the cohort of Dlo (30th), CP3 (34), and Conley (52). 

Vuc is a great player and you can probably do fine building your team around him but to say definitively it's the best way to draft is silly, especially if you put stock in the value of categorical scarcity like assists and blocks. 

Edited by Purple Hippo

Moving my question to other forum 

Edited by Redphan

Thankfully Orlando looked awful in every pre season game be sat. 

No Vuc, no magic 

Been slipping a lot and falls to late second round in a lot of leagues. I would definitely still take him over Ayton, Capela and Aldridge etc.

• Like 3

got him 3rd round, my 1st time playing fantasy basketball, hoping it was a good pick! what i'm reading is encouraging!

41 minutes ago, axiom20XX said:

got him 3rd round, my 1st time playing fantasy basketball, hoping it was a good pick! what i'm reading is encouraging!

third round is incredible (and kinda wild )

great get for you

18 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Anybody worried about Bamba?
He could increase his role this season..

Seconded, I do think he plays a little more which hopefully keeps Vooch fresh and healthy

Do I acknowledge Bamba could eat into Vuc's minutes/production slightly? Sure.

Am I worried about Bamba as far as making Vuc a bust? Not in the least. Some slight regression is already baked into Vuc's draft cost anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

Not for me, he's said he's focused on getting better and that the best is still to come. Got high hopes for Vuce especially in roto.

On 10/22/2019 at 6:41 PM, LosingEffort said:

On 10/22/2019 at 7:00 PM, chaiway said:

Seconded, I do think he plays a little more which hopefully keeps Vooch fresh and healthy

😂

Bamba & Isaac are barely bench players in the NBA.

Vucevic on the other side is almost an all-star calibre center  that has more IQ than bamba&isaac combined. 

47 minutes ago, Snatch said:

😂

Bamba & Isaac are barely bench players in the NBA.

Vucevic on the other side is almost an all-star calibre center  that has more IQ than bamba&isaac combined. 

Ouch! Not taking anything away from Vooch but calling both of those guys barely bench players is going way too far. Isaac is a legit starter and Bamba has improved a lot, especially offensively, after having a really short rookie season. Give them time

On 10/22/2019 at 12:41 PM, LosingEffort said:

I think is status quo for that trio.  Vuc will continue to perform as usual, Bamba will get a little better 10/8 with a block, Isaac will get stocks but will probably fail to reach his ADP (idk what really recommends him over bridges or oubre).  

• Like 1

marc gasol absolutely owns vucevic. just dont start him against the raps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1