Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

David Njoku 2019 Outlook

For some reason I cannot understand, Cleveland, in the midst of yet another lost season, is going to bring this guy off IR.

40 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

For some reason I cannot understand, Cleveland, in the midst of yet another lost season, is going to bring this guy off IR.

He had a broken wrist which is fully healed now and they have 6 games left. Thats a third of the season. Why would they just let him rot on IR?

If he is available and you are in a dire TE situation then you should pick him (especially if you got room on your IR spot if you have one).

Since Cleveland plays tonight (TNF) my league settings will lock up those players for the waiver period. Grab him now while no one is thinking about him.

I expect top 10 numbers ROS. I think some of Cleveland's issues has been him missing. Yes the Oline has been an issue but Njoku and Baker have an obvious connection and could really do wonders for him. 

18 hours ago, BeefDaddy said:

Been holding this boi all year... coming out fresh off IR gonna be a ROS League WINNER

What evidence do u have to think so? I have him as well but i dont see much more than a bye week filler next week for hunter henry

Pick him up to stash and play later IF he produces, or pick him up to co<k block your opponents IF he produces. Either play makes sense.

*In redraft, I scooped him up two weeks ago and stashed behind Waller/Jonnu for those ^ very reasons :shrug:

Edited by FollowTheLeader

Cleveland Browns tight end David Njoku (wrist), who is currently on Injured Reserve, has yet to be cleared to practice. Once he's cleared, it'll likely be another one or two weeks before he'll be ready to return to game action.

Anyone seen any reports on the chances he has to actually play this week? I can't find much outside of some coach comments on his conditioning.

5 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Anyone seen any reports on the chances he has to actually play this week? I can't find much outside of some coach comments on his conditioning.

Nothing yet.  But would think he has a good chance being it was a wrist not a lower body injury.  So his conditioning shouldn't be a issue.

4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Nothing yet.  But would think he has a good chance being it was a wrist not a lower body injury.  So his conditioning shouldn't be a issue.

A few updates coming in now that he's cleared for contact and likely a full participant today.

20 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Jeremy FowlerVerified account @JFowlerESPN 2h2 hours ago

TE David Njoku (designated to return) is unlikely to play Sunday vs. Dolphins, per source. Browns will bring him along slowly unless he perks up quicker than anticipated and looks great in practice.

Edited by yanksman

I picked up Njoku in all of my leagues today. I'm hoping he plays this week.

Njoku has the #1 easiest remaining schedule among TEs, including a date versus the Cardinals, so I think he'll offer TE1 value immediately.

• Like 2

Dropped Brate for him today. Been a waste land at TE in my league this year and need a spark for the playoffs. Lets see how this plays out. 

Totally stoked, finally off the one week wonders. Bye bye Hock,Jonnu,Brate....... long list of points chased.