Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

David Njoku 2019 Outlook

next week shaping up to be a legit shoot out- no weather concerns in the dessert, Kyler should have his way vs that Brownies D ... wouldn't be surprised at a 50+ o/u set by Vegas. 

lotta moufs to feed on that Cleveland offense ... but Baker has settled into the more intermediate routes as his bread n' butter ... Landry may catch 15 balls, but there should be enough scraps left over for Joker, especially given the historic paucity of the Cards D vs the position.

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

next week shaping up to be a legit shoot out- no weather concerns in the dessert, Kyler should have his way vs that Brownies D ... wouldn't be surprised at a 50+ o/u set by Vegas. 

lotta moufs to feed on that Cleveland offense ... but Baker has settled into the more intermediate routes as his bread n' butter ... Landry may catch 15 balls, but there should be enough scraps left over for Joker, especially given the historic paucity of the Cards D vs the position.

Pretty tough to justify Njoku as any kind of start as Kyler and the Cards have been absolute trash and are overrated week after week.

There is Landry and Beckham clearly in front of him on the totem pole. One could argue Hunt as well, that's basically 25-28 targets. Baker doesn't throw more than 30-35 times, so 4-6 targets for Njoku? Chubb gets 2-3 as well.

Plus he hasn't played all year...but the Cardinals are the only reason I'd justify starting him 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Pretty tough to justify Njoku as any kind of start as Kyler and the Cards have been absolute trash and are overrated week after week.

There is Landry and Beckham clearly in front of him on the totem pole. One could argue Hunt as well, that's basically 25-28 targets. Baker doesn't throw more than 30-35 times, so 4-6 targets for Njoku? Chubb gets 2-3 as well.

Plus he hasn't played all year...but the Cardinals are the only reason I'd justify starting him 

i never called him a no- brainer/can't miss prospect, and i also allowed that the Cleveland offense is awfully crowded. 

i believe i said "scraps" for Joker ... anyone needing to start him, or even consider it, in semi final week is obviously desperate at the TE position ... i would not plug him in over any of the current top 12, no 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Just picked up Njuko. The matchup is undeniable. Every TE has killed it against AZ. Hell, T. Higbee went bezerk last week.

Have Ertz, but if I see Njuko get targeted/produce this week I may consider Njuko in the flex. I want nothing but "green" matchups next week and that's one of them.

14 minutes ago, NapPYdugout said:

So who's running him out there today? Just grabbed him out of desperation and Hollister being my other T.E...

I have Hooper, but I picked him up as insurance.  Looking to see what he does.

11 hours ago, BeefDaddy said:

does he have a sneaky game this week?!! Arizona on deck but not sure hes up to speed yet

Too scared to play him. Trying my luck with someone else. It would have been different if he had at least 4 catches vs the bengals 

• Like 1

Has anybody seen what Njoku's snap share was last week? If he's going to actually be on the field, he might have sneaky value this week with that dream TE matchup. I know he had three targets but I'm curious about how much playing time he saw overall in Week 14.

Regardless, I wouldn't start him over anybody with an established floor, but as a Jared Cook owner who is uncertain whether he'll play this week, I may be forced to roll with Njoku. 

22 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Has anybody seen what Njoku's snap share was last week? If he's going to actually be on the field, he might have sneaky value this week with that dream TE matchup. I know he had three targets but I'm curious about how much playing time he saw overall in Week 14.

Regardless, I wouldn't start him over anybody with an established floor, but as a Jared Cook owner who is uncertain whether he'll play this week, I may be forced to roll with Njoku. 

I watched a video that implied that his snaps went down in the second half of the game. That last throw to him was in the end zone. He didn't come down with it and after that point the video says he didn't play as much

Okayyy, so just reported that he's limited in practice today due to a knee injury. It appears that those of us looking for a potential Cook replacement may have to keep digging through the TE trash pile. 

1 hour ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

38% just Google browns snap counts. First link 

27 minutes ago, NapPYdugout said:

Any one running him out there tomorrow? Looks like knee Injury was minor and was a full practice...

I am most likely. Scared but yeah

Full go vs league worst D vs the TE, still scared since it’s the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NapPYdugout said:

Any one running him out there tomorrow? Looks like knee Injury was minor and was a full practice...

I was most likely going to roll the dice on Njoku if Jared Cook sat out this week, but it looks like Cook is good to go.I was rather nervous about the idea of starting him in a playoff week, even with that matchup. 

• Thanks 1