Rotoworld.com Forums

Andre Drummond 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am just admiring this from afar. Congrats to all who does have him. Wow what a line!!!!

Plus: Detroit is always fighting for the 8 spot in the East and he is never hurt. A big plus especially in the fantasy playoffs.

LOL @ this joke of a blurb by rotoworld. You mean to tell me someone ranked 12th in 9cat is worth rostering? Damn I was thinking about dropping him.   Had Drummond not fouled out, he like

Posted Images

3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol at least Turner and JJJ get offensive boards, poor Brook has no chance 

From what i remember, brook’s always been elite in boxing out but never really grabs the boards himself even before he was known as a stretch big. His days with the nets, i recall whoever plays with him as a 4 becomes rosterable due to consistent double digit boards. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, simon said:

From what i remember, brook’s always been elite in boxing out but never really grabs the boards himself even before he was known as a stretch big. His days with the nets, i recall whoever plays with him as a 4 becomes rosterable due to consistent double digit boards. 

Don't remind me... I had him on my fantasy basketball team when he played for the Nets ~~~ He couldn't get over 10reb/game

As a Pistons fan, I've wanted him traded for 3 years now.

As someone that has him on my fantasy team, I desperately want him to stay in Detroit because he will probably finish a top 10 player if he's not traded since there's no other talent on the Pistons right now and he's in a contract year.

20 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

If they don't move him by deadline... I just hope they don't shut him down ... f--- that would be annoying

Don't see him being shut down as an option.

He's in a contract year (it's been widely reported that he will decline his player option), so IF the Pistons don't trade him then they have no incentive to shut him down since he wouldn't be in their long term plans.  And it's not like there's any super talented young big men on the roster that they would want to give minutes to in his place (I don't see Wood being in the long term plans, though he could get more minutes.)

Edited by sld12
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Crazycanto said:

When this guy has 28/22 and no one is batting an eye you know it's good. 

It's good in fantasy because he can putting up the stats but in real life,he seems like an empty stats guy that can't lead the team win because his poor defense and decision(TT have a career night)

8 hours ago, sld12 said:

He's in a contract year (it's been widely reported that he will decline his player option), so IF the Pistons don't trade him then they have no incentive to shut him down since he wouldn't be in their long term plans.  And it's not like there's any super talented young big men on the roster that they would want to give minutes to in his place (I don't see Wood being in the long term plans, though he could get more minutes.)

Scenes when hes shut down so Detroit can play its fav player Thon Maker lol 

16 hours ago, sld12 said:

Since leonard did the whole load management thing .. a lot of teams this year have gone that route. I hope he doesn't, but It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they did.. Drummond is young, and his style of play isn't as taxing on his body compared to griffin, so lets pray that he stays to earn every cent of that contract for next season. 

13 hours ago, kane said:

It's good in fantasy because he can putting up the stats but in real life,he seems like an empty stats guy that can't lead the team win because his poor defense and decision(TT have a career night)

What do you mean?  Comparing to other centers he isn't dominate on the boards?  How is he out-rebounding other centers then?

21 minutes ago, HLFReborn said:

What do you mean?  Comparing to other centers he isn't dominate on the boards?  How is he out-rebounding other centers then?

Assume he was referring to his ability to play real life defense. No one contents he’s a great rebounder, but there’s more to defense than that. 

I don’t personally watch him enough to comment here but I have heard similar criticisms 

2 minutes ago, SundayMorning said:

Assume he was referring to his ability to play real life defense. No one contents he’s a great rebounder, but there’s more to defense than that. 

I don’t personally watch him enough to comment here but I have heard similar criticisms 

Yea I'm not here to argue... just want some perspectives.  I heard he isn't as good defender as someone like Rudy Gobert however he is producing other worldly rebounding stl and blk numbers.

Same thing with John Collins he has been criticized as a bad defender however ever since he came back from his suspension he had multiple 10+ rebound game and even had a game with 4 blocks?

If someone can give me some perspective how Drummond and Collins real life play defensively are bad and how they can still produce good defensive numbers on fantasy basketball.

Just now, HLFReborn said:

Yea I'm not here to argue... just want some perspectives.  I heard he isn't as good defender as someone like Rudy Gobert however he is producing other worldly rebounding stl and blk numbers.

Same thing with John Collins he has been criticized as a bad defender however ever since he came back from his suspension he had multiple 10+ rebound game and even had a game with 4 blocks?

If someone can give me some perspective how Drummond and Collins real life play defensively are bad and how they can still produce good defensive numbers on fantasy basketball.

Can’t comment on those guys specifically, but producing great steals and blocks numbers doesn’t necessarily correlate to actually playing good real life defense.

In regard to young guys you see a similar trend pretty often. They enter the league and try and block every single shot, causing them to foul often and be taken out of position on fakes. As their game matures (if it does), often they stop playing as risky of defense and play a better positional game (which doesn’t necessarily translate into steals + blocks.

in regard to steals, often the ability to rack up steals just means you’re willing to take risks and jump lanes. There’s been a bunch of bad/inconsistent defenders (iverson, westbrook) who rack up steals by taking risks too often. While they win the gamble sometimes, often they don’t and find themselves out of position and force their team to scramble in rotation to account for them essentially being out of the play

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, SundayMorning said:

Can’t comment on those guys specifically, but producing great steals and blocks numbers doesn’t necessarily correlate to actually playing good real life defense.

In regard to young guys you see a similar trend pretty often. They enter the league and try and block every single shot, causing them to foul often and be taken out of position on fakes. As their game matures (if it does), often they stop playing as risky of defense and play a better positional game (which doesn’t necessarily translate into steals + blocks.

in regard to steals, often the ability to rack up steals just means you’re willing to take risks and jump lanes. There’s been a bunch of bad/inconsistent defenders (iverson, westbrook) who rack up steals by taking risks too often. While they win the gamble sometimes, often they don’t and find themselves out of position and force their team to scramble in rotation to account for them essentially being out of the play

I agree. Really nice job of summarizing the difference between stats and good defense!  As you point out, as their game matures, the stocks numbers have a tendency to drop.

Stats are funny as they don't always tell the entire story, although as fantasy players, we like to believe they do.  This is where advance stats and watching how teams and players play can be helpful.  Everyone cries about Myles Turner's rebounding.  His role is to block out which is why Sabonis and the guards are above average rebounders.  Similarly, he gets 2 blocks per game but alters another 5 shots.  The end result is the same.  The other team doesn't score.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a Pistons fan, I can tell yall this:  the dude is the laziest defender in ratio to his stats ever.  His basketball IQ is absolutely atrocious.  And he hardly ever boxes out with proper technique and commitment.  He would probably be considered the best rebounder of all time if he actually cared about the fundamentals and putting energy into every play, but instead he just relies on his raw athleticism (which is all-time great).

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, sld12 said:

As a Pistons fan, I can tell yall this:  the dude is the laziest defender in ratio to his stats ever.  His basketball IQ is absolutely atrocious.  And he hardly ever boxes out with proper technique and commitment.  He would probably be considered the best rebounder of all time if he actually cared about the fundamentals and putting energy into every play, but instead he just relies on his raw athleticism (which is all-time great).

I guess he will be phased out in a few years. sigh ~ such a waste.

I played 2K that year where Drummond and AD are first year drafts.  I was able to build them both up to 99 overall stats... look at the difference now :(

1 minute ago, HLFReborn said:

I guess he will be phased out in a few years. sigh ~ such a waste.

I played 2K that year where Drummond and AD are first year drafts.  I was able to build them both up to 99 overall stats... look at the difference now :(

haha I used to always think they would have made a nice pair at the 4 and 5

39 minutes ago, HLFReborn said:

They do... Unfortunately basketball is more than just physical talent... Or else Boris Diaw would have been the GOAT.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1115037

Boris Diaw was a very smart player, and his game was absolutely not based on his physical abilities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, sld12 said:

Think there’s any chance he can make a serious jump if he signs with or gets traded to a contending team?

18 minutes ago, SundayMorning said:

Think there’s any chance he can make a serious jump if he signs with or gets traded to a contending team?

You talking in terms of stats for fantasy purposes or in terms of his actual play for a real life NBA team?

I feel like his current situation on the Pistons is the best he's going to get in terms of fantasy/stats.  In terms of real life/NBA team, without a doubt I think he would be a better player for a team if he was a 3rd option (especially if he had a great leader to motivate him).  However, paying a guy 30 million a year to be a 3rd option is a terrible idea imo, but that's a whole different topic lol.