justaguy

Andre Drummond 2019-2020 Outlook

Man, Drummond really does not want to play. Could he be acting?

2 hours ago, kilslo said:

Looks like they’re having trouble finding a trade partner

Supposedly the Hawks were interested but they don’t want to include a first round pick and now are linked to Steven Adams 

Genius move on the part of the Knicks to pair both Morris brothers. It's so Knicks. So on-brand.

13 minutes ago, kane said:

And an excellent season continues to roll on 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Genius move on the part of the Knicks to pair both Morris brothers. It's so Knicks. So on-brand.

That package is terrible lol Randle and Frank

Edited by DezedandConfused

Everyone’s so caught up with his ejection they forgot that Drummond is 100% from 3 point land this season. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

Everyone’s so caught up with his ejection they forgot that Drummond is 100% from 3 point land this season. 

He’s shooting 5% on the season. 1/20...

1 minute ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Man this dude needs to work on his 3pt off season... a lot of teams just give him too much exposure on the top of key knowing full well he can't shoot. sad... 

16 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Ooops, meant to say for 2020. 🤣

• Haha 1

Is he being held out for trade purposes?

Put up some stats, then hit the bench?

1 minute ago, RLDN106 said:

Is he being held out for trade purposes?

Put up some stats, then hit the bench?

I smell trade... it's happening very soon...

Yeah my gut tells me that a trade has been accepted with the receiving team requesting him not to play huge minutes 'til official

On 1/12/2020 at 10:08 AM, DezedandConfused said:

That package is terrible lol Randle and Frank

Yeah I'd rather just lose him for nothing.  Randle type player can be signed with cap space anyway.  Frank...  sigh. 

I haven't been watching this game, but if I had to guess based on my prior knowledge of Andre, my guess would be attitude.

When things have gone poorly for the Pistons in the past, Andre just completely tunes out.  And this is possibly the worst stretch we've had in the last 5 years.  I'm guessing Casey finally had enough of his BS and showed him the bench.

As a fantasy owner, it's definitely looking like it's advantageous for Andre to be traded now.  He would have been a way better fantasy player on the Pistons than anywhere else had we been in the running for the 8th seed, but now that we're in tank mode he's better off somewhere else.

• Like 3

I don't doubt that a trade will come soon, but I'm pretty sure there's no trade tonight.  It's just Casey fed up with Andre.

If he were traded or a deal was imminent he would not have played at all.  They don't request to play limited minutes.  My guess is they were down and the bench brought them back in the 4th so coach left the bench guys in.  Wood was having a quarter so he let him roll.  The trade is going to happen but it will be closer to the deadline IMO.  

• Like 1

Casey had to bench Dre because he was getting owned by Okafor. First Thompson’s career high, now this. Drummond is starting to check out. Hopefully he gets motivated by a new situation soon.

Edited by NoahsArc

The real question is, which team is willing to give up a first rounder or young player for someone who might walk on you at the end of the season? I love Dre but he’s not Kawhi or anything.

• Like 2

Just now, NoahsArc said:

The real question is, which team is willing to give up a first rounder or young player for someone who might walk on you at the end of the season? I love Dre but he’s not Kawhi or anything.

That has been the issue.  He won’t commit until free agency so he is basically a rental.  Teams don’t want to give up a coveted first or valuable young asset to get him.

• Like 1

Just now, jjbooda said:

That has been the issue.  He won’t commit until free agency so he is basically a rental.  Teams don’t want to give up a coveted first or valuable young asset to get him.

Unless someone thinks they can make a championship run with Drummond. Then convince him at the end of the year to stay by offering him a big contract. Kind of like how the Sixers did with Tobias Harris.

• Like 1

Dre was getting worked by Okafor all first half, which resulted in him forcing a lot of tough shots. He was definately playing selfish to not look inferior to Okafor.

Wasn't working, not surprised he got benched for Wood.

man.. im trying to trade him away but seems like no one wants him at the moment... what do yall think about his stats ROS? I know it depends on where he goes but still his last 2 games were whack 😕 what about a 1:1 trade for lillard? 

Now I'm glad I traded him away at the start of the season. Even if I love this guy, the situation seems tricky. I'm not sure how big of a chance he doesn't get traded. Then we have a problem in Detroit. One of the advantages owning Drummond was the playoff spot fighting Pistons. With them being crappy as they are you can't tell what Casey will do with Drummonds minutes.