justaguy

Andre Drummond 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, flightboy10 said:

😕 what about a 1:1 trade for lillard? 

I would do that in a heartbeat as a Drummond owner. In the league where I own him nobody bites on pretty fair (imo) offers.

3 minutes ago, dorwell said:

I would do that in a heartbeat as a Drummond owner. In the league where I own him nobody bites on pretty fair (imo) offers.

I tried to trade for him (punting FT%) but the owner would not bite for Pascal Siakam.  Of course he was also punting FTs LOL.

52 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

I tried to trade for him (punting FT%) but the owner would not bite for Pascal Siakam.  Of course he was also punting FTs LOL.

would 1:1 Siakiam trade be worth it? what if drummond goes to a competitive team lol but my FT's are hurting so bad!!!

7 minutes ago, flightboy10 said:

would 1:1 Siakiam trade be worth it? what if drummond goes to a competitive team lol but my FT's are hurting so bad!!!

I just really wanted to tank my FT% completely and guarantee wins in rebounds and stocks, while boosting my FG%.  Not mean to be anyway.  Though my team has kinda veered away from my initial build direction anyway lol but still working out. 

22 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

I just really wanted to tank my FT% completely and guarantee wins in rebounds and stocks, while boosting my FG%.  Not mean to be anyway.  Though my team has kinda veered away from my initial build direction anyway lol but still working out. 

Understood. For me, I'm trying to win all categories except TO. got way too many bigs Tristan, Adams, Turner, Lauri, Aldridge, Drummond, Clarke lol. def want siakam 1:1 though.

As far as I see it:

Drummond gets traded

...to a competitve team without major competitors on his position > good for his value

...to a competitive team with major competitors on his position > bad for his value (you won't see much 20/20 anymore)

Drummond stays in Detroit > bad for his value (because Det will tank)

Right now I'm going for Siakam in a 1:1 because you don't have many good trade partners due to his FT% problem.

Atlanta tried to trade a bag of chips and a first rounder for Drummond. I know he’s a little older now but c’mon, he deserves way more than that. Put some respek on his name!

9 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

Atlanta tried to trade a bag of chips and a first rounder for Drummond. I know he’s a little older now but c’mon, he deserves way more than that. Put some respek on his name!

Dude's only 26. 

Chandler Parsons getting thrown into the deal is straight up disrespectful. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Dude's only 26. 

dude sucks no one wants to give him the money hes expecting lol. 

1 hour ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Dude's only 26. 

Teams also know he's gonna decline player option and test FA, why would teams offer a better deal rn?

• Like 1

They will either get a fringe prospect or a late first round pick from a contender for a rental.  They will need a scrub on a high paying expiring deal to make the money work.  This is not an Anthony Davis situation where he is going to the team he wants and will be a full year before extension is up.

If Detroit wants more they should let him hit the market and see what he commands.  If it is reasonable like everyone thinks (capela, Vucevic) then match it and see if he really wants to stay like he is saying.

I don’t see a deal getting done until Detroit lowers expectations.  

NY and now ATL out now...

I'm kind of glad I traded him away in a package and picked up gallinari+capela+vucevic. He'll still put up numbers here and there with punt FT's but a trade to a contender seems unlikely due to this contract opt out this summer. if he ends up staying in detroit, that hurts his value even more ROS. 

The sound you hear is the door slamming shut on a trade.  Detroit actually gave up a first round pick that would have been in the top 14 from Atlanta holding out for more.  The offers are not going to be as good moving forward.  The fact is a guy who is not willing to sign extension before testing the market is a rental and they are not worth a franchise altering haul to obtain.

• Like 1

Staying in Detroit wound not be a bad thing right? No one compete with his usage and he can do the hell he wants on court ( like gambling for steals). And why would they shut him down? If he’s walking end of season, just play him. It’s not like they have other young center they can develop. Might as well let him play to sell tickets.

3 hours ago, t0087669 said:

Staying in Detroit wound not be a bad thing right? No one compete with his usage and he can do the hell he wants on court ( like gambling for steals). And why would they shut him down? If he’s walking end of season, just play him. It’s not like they have other young center they can develop. Might as well let him play to sell tickets.

He'll still put up okay numbers but they'll develop the other players more often. That's the downside of tanking teams. I don't think you'll expect 20-20 games anymore. ehh we'll see but i think it hurts his value ros if he stays.

Took a pretty gnarly elbow to the face today, lost a tooth, not sure if he got concussed or not. But he had to leave the game, albeit there were only like 30 seconds left. Hoping he doesnt have any concussion symptoms but wouldnt be surprised if he does.

Loving the stocks lately, the turnovers are a bit high but I really dont want to complain about this guy, hes a stud. Averaging 2.0 steals per game before getting 5 more today.

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

Took a pretty gnarly elbow to the face today, lost a tooth, not sure if he got concussed or not. But he had to leave the game, albeit there were only like 30 seconds left. Hoping he doesnt have any concussion symptoms but wouldnt be surprised if he does.

Loving the stocks lately, the turnovers are a bit high but I really dont want to complain about this guy, hes a stud. Averaging 2.0 steals per game before getting 5 more today.

So far no news about being out on concussion protocol... I hope not I really could use this dudes service man.. 

• Like 1

After Dallas lost Powell, you gotta think they’re considering trading fro Drummond now. *rubs hand together and nods head mischievously

• Like 1

Nah, I don't think the Mavs are players for Drummond. I see them angling for Giannis and failing again on his free agency (hopefully they don't fail).

5 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Nah, I don't think the Mavs are players for Drummond. I see them angling for Giannis and failing again on his free agency (hopefully they don't fail).

Drummond will be ufa same offseason as GA tho. If i were mavs, id pull the trigger on drummond. He’ll fit well with doncic.

Drummond wants to opt out and get more long term which is why the Hawks backed out. He has less competition for money if he opts out early and his skillset is being phased out.

Edited by OxyBubbleMan
Clarified more

1 minute ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Drummond wants to opt out and get more long term which is why the Hawks backed out.

Still within mav’s interests, they are going to clear space anyway.

1 minute ago, simon said:

Still within mav’s interests, they are going to clear space anyway.

It's not. The Pistons want a first rounder/young stud plus cap relief which is why the Mavs are looking at Noah and g-leaguers.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

It's not. The Pistons want a first rounder/young stud plus cap relief which is why the Mavs are looking at Noah and g-leaguers.

The Noah links are hilarious. For a team with aspirations to win how exactly does he help he’s been washed for a long time. Dallas should be all over Favors. Pelicans have their C of the future and he’s on an expiring deal 

5 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

The Noah links are hilarious. For a team with aspirations to win how exactly does he help he’s been washed for a long time. Dallas should be all over Favors. Pelicans have their C of the future and he’s on an expiring deal 

I think the Mavs are just being realistic about their chances this season. They just want to get their feet wet and integrate Kristaps better.

Is Drummond's motor worth a gamble this season and beyond? It is one of the things Pistons fans get annoyed at. Maybe it is the losing, we don't know.

Can they match up with the Lakers, Bucks, Clips with him when it matters? How will this prospective big man addition Drummond included help Luka operate better? What about health risks? Do we add Favors to Porzingis? A lot of things to think about.