justaguy

Andre Drummond 2019-2020 Outlook

A bit concerned that Tristan Thompson isn't included in that deal. Hopefully he gets moved before the deadline. As long as he gets 32-34 minutes on this team I think we can expect the same level of production.

Fantasy aside, this guy got traded for absolute peanuts.

3 minutes ago, matkm said:

Cavs are dead last.. the shutdown is real

Why would they trade for him just to shut him down?

3 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Why would they trade for him just to shut him down?

i should’ve worded that correctly.. he’ll eventually be shut down 

Just now, matkm said:

i should’ve worded that correctly.. he’ll eventually be shut down 

For what?? What's does Cleveland gain from that?

Quite possibly one of the worst trades the NBA has seen in the last 20 years. Cavs got an all star center for nothing other then salary cap space im assuming.

Lmfao what a horrible trade for both sides. What even was the point of this?

No wonder Cavs and Pistons suck 

14 minutes ago, crocp said:

RIP Drummond owners. 

What are you talking about...get outta here with that negativity...

*Andre Drummond was staying put as of mid-morning, then for unknown reasons went to the worst team in the Eastern Conference (the Cavs). Cleveland got him for next to nothing, so I expect Drummond — who’s playing for a contract — to try to put up some monster numbers down the stretch.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Thompson wont play another minute for Cleveland. 

It does seem at the moment that Cleveland is intent on keeping Thompson and playing him for now:

Edited by basseffect

45 minutes ago, dfstout said:

What are you talking about...get outta here with that negativity...

*Andre Drummond was staying put as of mid-morning, then for unknown reasons went to the worst team in the Eastern Conference (the Cavs). Cleveland got him for next to nothing, so I expect Drummond — who’s playing for a contract — to try to put up some monster numbers down the stretch.

Cavs are tanking and they are not ashamed of it....i expect this minutes to get DRASTICALLY reduces as the season goes on so they can pile up more L's....

1 minute ago, crocp said:

Cavs are tanking and they are not ashamed of it....i expect this minutes to get DRASTICALLY reduces as the season goes on so they can pile up more L's....

The L's will be there regardless of his minutes. Him and Love cant win games themselves. The minutes will stay where they've been IMO

Well, Cleveland has his Bird rights so they can offer him the most money in what might be a weak market for this summer.  

I thought I read somewhere that another thought is they might be doing this to free up cap space.  If so, my question is for what?  No top free agent is going to sign with the Cavaliers.  However, if that is the case, would they be able to buy him out?

you'd be crazy to think they would shut him down. hes essentially a rental that they want to impress enough for him to stay on - they'll play their best lineup possible and try and win, which sadly officially destroys Larry nance and TT

So 3 of my top picks (Drumbo, Capela, Draymond) have either been traded to tank teams with position gluts or the team they're on has officially gone full tank.  Fml

No way they sit Drummond he has a player option for next season... if teams plan to offer this dude max they want to see him perform. Like posters noted they'll lose regardless ... he can't carry them to Ws they'll find ways to lose as long as colin sexton is still there.. 

If there’s one thing I learned about the NBA, there’s no friends or loyalty. I’ve given my heart and soul to the Pistons , and to be have this happen with no heads up makes me realize even more that this is just a business! I love you Detroit...
Edited by DiscoNinja33

24 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:
If there’s one thing I learned about the NBA, there’s no friends or loyalty. I’ve given my heart and soul to the Pistons , and to be have this happen with no heads up makes me realize even more that this is just a business! I love you Detroit...

👀 damn I'd be pissed too

Not a bad trade for Cleveland at all.  Drummond is a huge upgrade over Tristan, and they got him for nothing.  Peanuts.  It's worth the gamble, and fits well with Love.  If their young guard duo can improve a whole lot, as well as KPJ, they might make some noise.  Cedi is a good enough 5th starter for a 8th seed.  I think that's where they are going with this.  Sexton improving this year, and Garland seem to be able to pass a little too while learning to score.  They might not be a bad team if they play some defense.   

• Thanks 1

So business as usual with a couple threes?  Hate to see a 40 point blowout in his first game but I'll take it.

6 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

So business as usual with a couple threes?  Hate to see a 40 point blowout in his first game but I'll take it.

Encouraging performance today despite the blowout, though I can't say I'm that thrilled about him attempting 3s personally. 

A little worried that he'll possibly be getting fewer minutes than he was getting in Detroit; he averaged 33:45 mpg in Detroit and got 28:59 tonight, though the blowout could have been a factor. 

Hoping his boards and stocks dont take too big of a hit with the logjam at frontcourt 

12 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Encouraging performance today despite the blowout, though I can't say I'm that thrilled about him attempting 3s personally. 

A little worried that he'll possibly be getting fewer minutes than he was getting in Detroit; he averaged 33:45 mpg in Detroit and got 28:59 tonight, though the blowout could have been a factor. 

Hoping his boards and stocks dont take too big of a hit with the logjam at frontcourt 

Yeah I'm hoping the blowout is what the minutes were about.  You figure they want to see what they have with him, like the Rotoblurb says, so I imagine he'll get plenty of play.

I think I agree with not being encouraged about him shooting more jumpers, particular threes.  Lower field goal percentage and less offensive rebounding opportunity.  Meh.