justaguy

Andre Drummond 2019-2020 Outlook

The only guy I'd consider selling him for is KAT in a 2 for (1 or 2) trade but that's just me.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nate1213 said:

Are we considering selling high at all?

Naw contract year Dre finna ball out ros

Edited by KingDURANTULA
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Nate1213 said:

Are we considering selling high at all?

spacer.png

I don't think it's possible to sell high on him right now because the reality is that he's a top 5 player and no trade adversary is gonna acknowledge that fact because most managers wrote him off as a 2nd round value

• Like 1

Not understanding the sell high questions with Dre. Drummond has proven last year that playing with Griffin has no adverse impact on his ability to produce big stat lines. Add in, a) that its a contract year b) how durable he is and c) how specialized his production is for a C with the steals and Blocks combo and hes a no-no to trade imo. Unless I'm moving him in a package for KAT, AD or Giannis he's just too valuable to trade away. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Not understanding the sell high questions with Dre. Drummond has proven last year that playing with Griffin has no adverse impact on his ability to produce big stat lines. Add in, a) that its a contract year b) how durable he is and c) how specialized his production is for a C with the steals and Blocks combo and hes a no-no to trade imo. Unless I'm moving him in a package for KAT, AD or Giannis he's just too valuable to trade away. 

What would you even have to add to Drummond to get KAT, AD, Giannis, Harden?

I've offered Drummond with OG/JJJ/Aaron Gordon for those 4 and all got rejected.

Drummond is playing like a top 5 right now but other owners wont value him as such.

• Like 2

Traded Drummond for Zion and Paul George. Needed a change, my team is floundering lmao. Goodluck to the rest of you #ContractYearDre managers 

9 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Traded Drummond for Zion and Paul George. Needed a change, my team is floundering lmao. Goodluck to the rest of you #ContractYearDre managers 

WHAT!!! Why!

15 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

WHAT!!! Why!

I think Drummond will "regress" to top 10 value with Blake. Admittedly, I'm not entirely confident in that projection but I had to make a move for some depth. If Zion can give top 35 production and PG top 15, I'll come out on top 

6 minutes ago, vyun said:

that's a good trade...

It could be. The potential reward is astronomical but there's some legitimate risk deriving from PG/Zion load management whereas Drummond is expected to maintain his ironman status 

All in all I'd say it was a good trade for that poster if he is indeed backed into a corner and looking to roll the dice

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vyun said:

that's a good trade...

Zion out another month. And even then he'll be put on a minutes restriction. PG For drummond in a vacuum is fair but hes also injured and just coming back. If they're load managing kawhi i'm sure they'll do the same for PG. Drummond has a great history of health. He aint gonna miss a game.. (knock on wood)

Edited by stickman786

12 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Zion out another month. And even then he'll be put on a minutes restriction. PG For drummond in a vacuum is fair but hes also injured and just coming back. If they're load managing kawhi i'm sure they'll do the same for PG. Drummond has a great history of health. He aint gonna miss a game.. (knock on wood)

Yeah you're right about the GP analysis. The risks with Zion and PG are why I was able to get them both for just Drummond. In a vacuum, this trade would be veto-worthy (and still could be lol, its pending). But the injuries to Zion and PG are what make it permissible. Big time risk/reward ratio - I'm not in it to just make playoff. I want to repeat and with my team sinking I had to go big. We'll see if it plays out in my favor 

5 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Yeah you're right about the GP analysis. The risks with Zion and PG are why I was able to get them both for just Drummond. In a vacuum, this trade would be veto-worthy (and still could be lol, its pending). But the injuries to Zion and PG are what make it permissible. Big time risk/reward ratio - I'm not in it to just make playoff. I want to repeat and with my team sinking I had to go big. We'll see if it plays out in my favor 

Thats fair! Taking risks to make the playoffs is understood. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, justaguy said:

You've inspired me. I have a PG + Mitch Robb for Drummond trade in the works lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Heat are executing perfectly on both ends. Drumgod might just have to take the L tonight

Bam is tough matchup