Rotoworld.com Forums

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, c0penhagen said:

Best time to move him or is there a legitimate chance of returning?

He did 4 on 4 and 5 on 5 contact practice. Nets protocol is always to have players go through practice before returning. I think he is close given that.

Edit: typos

Edited by jrmintz
  • Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woah there. Some things are more important than bouncing a rubber up and down. Let the man grief.

I got into an argument with my girlfriend and missed my first three picks. Kyrie was autodrafted. She's lucky I love her, because this is bullshit.

Wow.  Traded Doncic for him.  RIP my season

1 hour ago, jrmintz said:

He did 4 on 4 and 5 on 5 contact practice. Nets protocol is always to have players go through practice before returning. I think he is close given that.

Edit: typos

As great as it is to hear that, I still worry that news will flip and change back to rehab/surgery as quick as it did to changing to this news. The guys super unpredictable hence my first question

Just now, c0penhagen said:

As great as it is to hear that, I still worry that news will flip and change back to rehab/surgery as quick as it did to changing to this news. The guys super unpredictable hence my first question

I think you answered your own question. The injury is unpredictable in nature, and now you got a guy that can always re-aggravate it when he balls and practice. The risk is obviously there, so the question is are you willing to gamble on Kyrie's health right now?  

The only reason why he suddenly wants to play is because fans are voting him for the All-Star game.

After ASB, I see him missing games once again.. so maybe yeah, a good time to sell him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, gmoneyb said:

Sell, sell, sell.

The most recent news signifies he is indeed returning. If you’re not comfortable with his health going forward, now is the time to ship him & get value in return.

personally I'd wait til a couple of big typical Kyrie lines, then sell

5 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

The only reason why he suddenly wants to play is because fans are voting him for the All-Star game.

After ASB, I see him missing games once again.. so maybe yeah, a good time to sell him?

This is a ridiculous take.

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

soft shell taco's?

I wouldn't call my league a taco league but I dropped him a few days ago. I'm sitting in 9th and losing almost all of my match-ups. News came out that he might need surgery and thought to cut my losses. I tried picking him back up but you can't put a waiver claim on someone you dropped. I waited till midnight and i still couldn't add him because he didn't clear and a few minutes later someone snatched him. 

Wow six flags needs to name a roller coaster after this dude. All he needed was some cortisone shot or some anti-inflammatories. Then again it might wear off in a few games and he might get surgery to remove those annoying flaming bursas. 

Are cortisone shots a long term solution?

How many days/weeks does it last?

Answer:

"How long the pain stays away is different for each patient. For some, the relief is permanent. But if the pain returns, you can have another bursa injection in a few months — up to four a year."

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/16816-bursa-injection

On 1/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, ROTY said:

Why would he take part in full contact practice if hes still experiencing pain? He wouldn't, right? This mf is playing within the next week or so. Book it tf in. 

Wtf did i say?? And why am i swearing so much lol. Emotions running high i guess. I'm pumped !