flippy

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

I still think you have to take a flier and pick him up. Even if it’s a 1% chance he plays there’s not much risk dropping your worst player for him. I’m dropping Ariza so no huge loss. 

What a ride for Kyrie owners this season. Def had his ups and downs. It was fun to own him when he played and that's all you can ask for in fantasy. Can't hate on the guy considering you drafted him knowing he is a glass cannon. At the end of the day, he is human and injuries happen. Wishing him the best and hopefully he can come back and prove himself next season. I won't reach for him but I can see myself taking him without hesitation if he falls into the 3rd round next year. 

29 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

What a ride for Kyrie owners this season. Def had his ups and downs. It was fun to own him when he played and that's all you can ask for in fantasy. Can't hate on the guy considering you drafted him knowing he is a glass cannon. At the end of the day, he is human and injuries happen. Wishing him the best and hopefully he can come back and prove himself next season. I won't reach for him but I can see myself taking him without hesitation if he falls into the 3rd round next year. 

lol he has top 8 upside, there's no way he'll fall to 3rd round.  Maybe late second round but that's as far as he goes

Maybe next year is the year he remains healthy.

Is what I tell myself every time I draft this dude. No more.

*until he falls to me in the 2nd round*

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

Anyone still holding to see what news comes out after the procedure is performed?

Just waiting to confirm that he's doing the procedure.  Once that is confirmed, drop city.  Lost my first rounder for him, extremely upset at myself

1 minute ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Just waiting to confirm that he's doing the procedure.  Once that is confirmed, drop city.  Lost my first rounder for him, extremely upset at myself

Okay. Thought I was alone in the "Waiting" boat.

4 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

Anyone still holding to see what news comes out after the procedure is performed?

Still out indefinitely without procedure confirmed, depends on your standings what's available, etc.

6 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

Nah, I mean cmon he missed was it 26 games this year from that shoulder? And that was without surgery and had a cortisone shot instead. So I figure the surgery should put him out longer with rest and rehab as the focus + it's a lost season anyway given that KD isn't even playing. No reason to rush him back at all. My condolences boys.

• Thanks 1

Yikes.  This dude would have to slide out of the top 40 for me to consider drafting him next season.  

All this work and I ruined everything by trading doncic for this turd.  Im just going to retire from fantasy, it's too much of a headache now with injuries, load management, and trades

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now he'll slide in drafts next season. Looking forward to stealing.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

All this work and I ruined everything by trading doncic for this turd.  Im just going to retire from fantasy, it's too much of a headache now with injuries, load management, and trades

LOL

20 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

I remember your Doncic trade. So it was Lillard/Ayton/Conley for Doncic/Harrell... 
Now with Doncic for Irving you basically ended up trading Lillard/Ayton/Conley for Harrell? Sorry man but I would retire from fantasy too. 

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I remember your Doncic trade. So it was Lillard/Ayton/Conley for Doncic/Harrell... 
Now with Doncic for Irving you basically ended up trading Lillard/Ayton/Conley for Harrell? Sorry man but I would retire from fantasy too. 

I ended up trading Harrell for Zion from some other tard but yeah, what a goddamn joke.  Doncic decided to turn into Drummond at the line for 6 weeks and proceed to make me miss playoffs basically which is why I initiated this trade.  Thought it was a steal trading a 100 rank guy (at the time for the past month) for a consistent top 8 guy.  Now i'll probably barely squeak into playoffs and lose first round...

Edited by Fantasyscrub

We should’ve anticipated that this would be a meaningless season from the jump. All in on him next season with KD back 

55 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

With all those sell low buy high moves, I’d also suggest staying away from stuff like crypto and individual stocks too. Only the Knicks can rival with regards to consistently accumulating depreciating assets :P

Edited by darkyume

47 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

I ended up trading Harrell for Zion from some other tard but yeah, what a goddamn joke.  Doncic decided to turn into Drummond at the line for 6 weeks and proceed to make me miss playoffs basically which is why I initiated this trade.  Thought it was a steal trading a 100 rank guy (at the time for the past month) for a consistent top 8 guy.  Now i'll probably barely squeak into playoffs and lose first round...

The first trade wasn't so bad considering Conley has been pretty garbage and Ayton has missed so much time. But Doncic for Irving is dicey if you did just because of FT% and ranking.  

Live and learn, come back strong next year.