flippy

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, darkyume said:

With all those sell low buy high moves, I’d also suggest staying away from stuff like crypto and individual stocks too. Only the Knicks can rival with regards to consistently accumulating depreciating assets :P

lmao I’ve lost $20k in stocks too while the rest of the world made money

1 minute ago, Eltoro said:

The first trade wasn't so bad considering Conley has been pretty garbage and Ayton has missed so much time. But Doncic for Irving is dicey if you did just because of FT% and ranking.  

Live and learn, come back strong next year.

turnovers, ft%, lack of stocks, and the feeling that his ankle was wobbly and he might end up missing a lot of games, which he did.  But maybe irving wasn’t the best player to get, his ranking was juicy

Yea ok I’ll be that ahole...but this surprise no one...almost expected. 

• Thanks 1

I offered huerter + hachimura yesterday thinking Kyrie might still come back for playoffs. The kyrie owner accepted it today at 3:37PM after news broke that his season is over. Is this veto-worthy? I know this isn’t AC but I need your help please 

I feel like it’s a veto cuz he accepted after the news and I was unaware... I don’t follow shams on twitter or even have it. It is my first NBA fantasy and they literally call me the hockey guy... 

just to add more context 

15 minutes ago, Sosa said:

I offered huerter + hachimura yesterday thinking Kyrie might still come back for playoffs. The kyrie owner accepted it today at 3:37PM after news broke that his season is over. Is this veto-worthy? I know this isn’t AC but I need your help please 

Absolutely veto worthy. Cant sit on an offer and accept after you know the guys out ROS. That is the definition of bad faith. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sosa said:

lol this was basically a 95% probability even before the formal announcement, its not like a guy randomly got a season ending injury in game and a guy caught you slipping the minute it happened

At very least, not a guy you leave an open trade offer on if you can't stand the risk of losing your guys for nothing. You live and learn

• Like 4

Thanks guys. The offer was made a few days ago and left sitting as we were on Allstar break. He accepted well after Shams tweet and confirmed that the tweet was the reason he accepted. I’ve sent all three of your posts to the commish. I feel like everyone wants it to go through because I’m in first place, but we’re doing half pot to regular season first place and half to playoff champ. So it really is a big deal for me to lose 2 roster players for 0. Pretty much your posts are the only argument I can provide besides the screen shots of the tweet and accepted offer. 

4 minutes ago, Sosa said:

Thanks guys. The offer was made a few days ago and left sitting as we were on Allstar break. He accepted well after Shams tweet and confirmed that the tweet was the reason he accepted. I’ve sent all three of your posts to the commish. I feel like everyone wants it to go through because I’m in first place, but we’re doing half pot to regular season first place and half to playoff champ. So it really is a big deal for me to lose 2 roster players for 0. Pretty much your posts are the only argument I can provide besides the screen shots of the tweet and accepted offer. 

Tbh I think it's not vetoeable. It was your responsibility to stay on top of things and pull the offer.

• Like 4

man i definitely regret drafting Kyrie, i should have known to stay away, definitely never drafting him again unless he falls deep. i'm just lucky i'm in a shallow league and tied for first and already locked for a play off spot so i picked up Steph Curry (!!!) a few weeks ago. i was looking forward to having a stacked team heading into playoffs after Curry returned (my top 3 PG would have been Curry, Kyrie & Simmons and i also have Rozier, Graham & Brogdon but i likely would have dropped one of them) but i just picked up Bojan Bogdanovic, who obviously isn't no Irving but considering how my team has done without Irving for most of the season anyway i might still be okay. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sosa said:

I agree with @StephonMarburysVaseline

it’s your responsibility to keep up with these things.

either way unless you’re in a 14+ Team league I wouldn’t even be stressing 

just drop kyrie and I guarantee you’ll find free agents to equal if not better heurter and hachi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

Tbh I think it's not vetoeable. It was your responsibility to stay on top of things and pull the offer.

Idk man. I work more than the other GMs and am new to being a basketball nerd... don’t think many commissioners would allow it tbh, and then allow da man to talk **** and boast about how he just pulled off a robbery. All while I’m at the doctors wit my grandma LMFAO 

edit: it’s most likely not getting vetoed... but All my boys I’ve asked outside of the league say it should be.

Edited by Sosa

2 minutes ago, Sosa said:

Idk man. I work more than the other GMs and am new to being a basketball nerd... don’t think many commissioners would allow it tbh, and then allow da man to talk **** and boast about how he just pulled off a robbery. All while I’m at the doctors wit my grandma LMFAO 

edit: it’s most likely not getting vetoed... but All my boys I’ve asked outside of the league say it should be.

If that guy had any chill he wouldn't have accepted that trade but dog eat dog league lol. Anyways like the other guy said I wouldn't trip too much over losing Rui and Huerter. Those two roster spots are valuable and there's post-ASB FA gems to mine. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

If that guy had any chill he wouldn't have accepted that trade but dog eat dog league lol. Anyways like the other guy said I wouldn't trip too much over losing Rui and Huerter. Those two roster spots are valuable and there's post-ASB FA gems to mine. Good luck.

Yea, thanks bro. 

sorry everyone for making this into AC. I guess I’m a kyrie owner now? 🤣

4 hours ago, Sosa said:

I feel like it’s a veto cuz he accepted after the news and I was unaware... I don’t follow shams on twitter or even have it. It is my first NBA fantasy and they literally call me the hockey guy... 

just to add more context 

Yeah but you were aware that kyrie was hurt and were willing to take the risk hoping he would come back.  Well he's not and you left the trade open.  Not even close to veto worthy if you ask me.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sosa said:

Not veto worthy at all. A guy offered me Jrue for Kyrie in my 14-teamer and cancelled within seconds, probably because he knew I'd accept and never look back given the injury/sugery/shutdown risk. Don't be crying because a smart owner accepted a move that you proposed in the first place. If you weren't willing to lose those guys why did you offer in the first place?

I also assume there's money on the line too, which if so gives further incentive for the other owner to offload Kyrie for value. Just accept the L, learn and move on from it. Proposing a veto in this situation is b*tchmade on your part.

Edited by TheBoondocks
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

Not veto worthy at all. A guy offered me Jrue for Kyrie in my 14-teamer and cancelled within seconds, probably because he knew I'd accept and never look back given the injury/sugery/shutdown risk. Don't be crying because a smart owner accepted a move that you proposed in the first place. If you weren't willing to lose those guys why did you offer in the first place?

I also assume there's money on the line too, which if so gives further incentive for the other owner to offload Kyrie for value. Just accept the L, learn and move on from it. Proposing a veto in this situation is b*tchmade on your part.

Not sure if this logic actually holds up. When the trade was proposed Kyrie was out for an “indefinite” period of time, not “definitively” out with a season-ending injury. OP made an offer for a Kyrie with diminished value, not one with absent value. It’s actually not that much different than sending a trade offer for a healthy player and then the recipient of that offer not accepting until there was sudden news that the initially healthy player is now injured. In real life, GMs are given the opportunity to process new information and rescind an offer. The trade isn’t veto worthy only if it was accepted before the final news broke. In this case it is veto-able 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samer42 said:

Not sure if this logic actually holds up. When the trade was proposed Kyrie was out for an “indefinite” period of time, not “definitively” out with a season-ending injury. OP made an offer for a Kyrie with diminished value, not one with absent value. It’s actually not that much different than sending a trade offer for a healthy player and then the recipient of that offer not accepting until there was sudden news that the initially healthy player is now injured. In real life, GMs are given the opportunity to process new information and rescind an offer. The trade isn’t veto worthy only if it was accepted before the final news broke. In this case it is veto-able 

Its not veto worty. Kyrie has already missed so many games.....and anyone could have seen the HIGH potential of dude being shut down for ROS. To trade for Kyrie was dumb and well desering of the L.

Uhh any trade that suddenly has a player out for the season is definitely vetoable in my book. Its called trade protection. The initial offer was for an injured Kyrie that had potential for shutdown. The only thing that would allow a out for season player trade to still go through is if it was pending before the announcement. Which is why my league has instant trade processes to avoid these situations. 

On 2/20/2020 at 9:04 PM, Sosa said:

Uhh any trade that gets accepted AFTER a player is out for the season is definitely vetoable in my book. Its called trade protection. The initial offer was for an injured Kyrie that had potential for shutdown. The only thing that would allow a out for season player trade to still go through is if it was accepted and pending before the announcement. Which is why my league has instant trade processes to avoid these situations. 

On 2/20/2020 at 9:04 PM, Sosa said:

To continue what I stated before here's an article that should provide useful information.

It states "A recently injured player is involved, and the trade occurred right after the injury
This is to protect an owner who leaves an offer on the table, that is snatched up by an unscrupulous trading partner right after an injury is announced." 

This is only for a player thats injured after the matter. Its more common sense to veto when the player has 0 value after the trade is accepted. 

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=rulestradeoverview

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Its not veto worty. Kyrie has already missed so many games.....and anyone could have seen the HIGH potential of dude being shut down for ROS. To trade for Kyrie was dumb and well desering of the L.

Well then the guy OP was trading with should’ve took the offer and ran with it before there was updated news. OP’s trade partner wasn't willing to accept until there was a new development. At that point the trade can be negated. 

• Like 1