smeeze

2019 Survivor Pool Thread

4 hours ago, WonkaWorld said:

NE over Washington, no brainer safe pick

Philly over Jets is also a no brainer safe pick if Darnold is out IMO

Bears over Raiders should be fairly safe...Can you imagine the epic performance Mack is going to put on?

Minny over Giants has trap game written all over it IMO, I'd avoid it

I would just save Minny for when they host the Skins on Thursday night.

I think Philly is the best bet for this week.

Lots of people used NE vs Jets and Philly vs Redskins (I'm one of those).

So this is for the people who have used LAC, NE, Phil and Dallas.

I think you either go Bears vs Raiders (game is in London, I think Daniel is better than Trub).

or Chiefs vs Colts (@ home, -10.5 point favorites)

1. Ne

2. Phi

3. Lac

4. Hou

5. Kc

6. No

7. Car

8. Chi

9. Lar

10. Nyg

11. Ten

12. Dal

13. Clean

14. Cin

15. Bal

Anyone make it out alive?

Had two left and went with Philly with one.

2nd one, had Bears.  Rough ending.  Would have ended up with the same result as KC was the other team I was mulling over.

6 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Anyone make it out alive?

Had two left and went with Philly with one.

2nd one, had Bears.  Rough ending.  Would have ended up with the same result as KC was the other team I was mulling over.

Yeah, I had Philly.  Pats look good for Week 6... glad I saved them.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, I had Philly.  Pats look good for Week 7... glad I saved them.

How about week 6? BAL over CIN looking pretty good.

Pats vs Gmen too at home on TNF.

5 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

How about week 6? BAL over CIN looking pretty good.

Pats vs Gmen too at home on TNF.

Yeah, I meant Week 6... fixed it, thanks.

I used Baltimore already against the Cardinals, so I’ll more than likely be rolling with the Pats against the Giants.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, I meant Week 6... fixed it, thanks.

I used Baltimore already against the Cardinals, so I’ll more than likely be rolling with the Pats against the Giants.

My pool will go the full 17 weeks so will need to find some value picks until we hit double picks week later in the season if I make it that far.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

My pool will go the full 17 weeks so will need to find some value picks until we hit double picks week later in the season if I make it that far.

Good luck!

Thanks, you too. How big is your pool? Mine is down to 74 after the KC loss. It usually goes the distance or close to it.

The Rams and KC the last 2 weeks knocked a good chunk of people out.

Sometimes people get too cute and go with marginal picks like the Bears (Chase Daniel) and Chargers (Divisional opponent).  But also of course there are plain upsets like KC losing at home.

Week 6 doesn't look easy.

This is probably the one week where we don't see the majority of teams picking against Miami, as Washington is equally as bad.

The safe pick would be the Pats.  But looking ahead to week 7, they also get the Jets (away game though), unless you feel confident to use Buffalo at home against Miami.

The only other option I see is Baltimore at home against Cincy, who is awful.  Lamar however has been up and down, so I'd hesitate a bit.

I like: NE vs NY, and DAL @ NYJ, but I've already used Pats and Boys so will be rolling with BAL vs CIN.

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Sometimes people get too cute and go with marginal picks like the Bears (Chase Daniel) and Chargers (Divisional opponent).  But also of course there are plain upsets like KC losing at home.

Week 6 doesn't look easy.

This is probably the one week where we don't see the majority of teams picking against Miami, as Washington is equally as bad.

The safe pick would be the Pats.  But looking ahead to week 7, they also get the Jets (away game though), unless you feel confident to use Buffalo at home against Miami.

The only other option I see is Baltimore at home against Cincy, who is awful.  Lamar however has been up and down, so I'd hesitate a bit.

I’ll definitely be on Buffalo in Week 7 if I make it through... they’re a solid team, and that’s the best spot to pick them this year. The Dolphins won’t score more than 7 points in Buffalo.

I think I'm going to have do BAL over CIN this week. It is kind of the obvious pick for those that don't have NE or DAL left to use. Though the recent performance of BAL does worry me a bit, and CIN likely is going to upset someone at some point during the season. Just hoping it's not this week.

I am curious whether the "just pick whoever plays Miami" people are actually going to go with the Redskins this week.

51 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Thanks, you too. How big is your pool? Mine is down to 74 after the KC loss. It usually goes the distance or close to it.

The Rams and KC the last 2 weeks knocked a good chunk of people out.

9500 - down to 2300 after this week.

I still have the Pats so I'm using them this week. I'd like to save them but I already used Dallas and Balt, and they are the only 2 that I feel confident in other than the Pats.

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

9500 - down to 2300 after this week.

Yeah, at that size you’ll have to go with some value plays at some point. I’m not sure this is the right week for it though.

• Like 1

I know it's divisional, but Packers are home against DET after looking great in DAL. 

Have to see how tonight goes, but may like Rams at home against SF.

No brainer picks, Dolphins at home vs. WAS.          J/K!!! 

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I know it's divisional, but Packers are home against DET after looking great in DAL. 

Have to see how tonight goes, but may like Rams at home against SF.

No brainer picks, Dolphins at home vs. WAS.          J/K!!! 

Detroit just had their BYE and have been pretty unexpectedly good this year.  Staying away.  I saved New England for this week vs the Giants.  

Just now, crazyfingers711 said:

Detroit just had their BYE and have been pretty unexpectedly good this year.  Staying away.  I saved New England for this week vs the Giants.  

True, and don't blame you.

I guess I'm asking folks who have burned NE, DAL, BAL already...

10 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Agreed... I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lions win this game. Coming off a bye, and they would have beaten the Chiefs except for a questionable TD catch overturn, and two fumbles inside the 10 yard line.

Gimme pick of the week are the Cowboys. The Jets are atrocious and there are a lot of Cowboy fans in the NY Metro area who will likely buy tickets from disgruntled Jets fans. It'll probably feel more like a home game for the Cowboys.

I'm avoiding that NYG/NE game if Saquon plays.

Was thinking about saving NE and picking the Ravens but will take the Pats week 6 and call it a week.

I still think the Ravens win but a lot going against that team right now plus a division game.  Who knows what could happen...

20 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

Gimme pick of the week are the Cowboys. The Jets are atrocious and there are a lot of Cowboy fans in the NY Metro area who will likely buy tickets from disgruntled Jets fans. It'll probably feel more like a home game for the Cowboys.

I'm avoiding that NYG/NE game if Saquon plays.

Per reports this morning, doesn't look like Saquon or Gallman are playing.