smeeze

2019 Survivor Pool Thread

Recommended Posts

So who’s everyone going with?

 

It’s obvious who the best plays are this week, as well as the advantage for Weeks 9 & 11 of going contrarian now.

 

Right now I have the Bills locked in, but am still considering the Niners, Giants & Jags.

 

Packers are a stay away for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, for everyone on the Niners, it’s pouring here in DC. Not windy, but those big, fat, heavy raindrops.

 

Everyone has a different take on how rain affects games, but do with that info what you will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

FWIW, for everyone on the Niners, it’s pouring here in DC. Not windy, but those big, fat, heavy raindrops.

 

Everyone has a different take on how rain affects games, but do with that info what you will.

Don’t think a bit of precipitation is going to turn the Washington football franchise’s offense into a competent one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Don’t think a bit of precipitation is going to turn the Washington football franchise’s offense into a competent one


I agree... just adds another variable in a practice where we are trying to minimize variables.  Niners have had some issues with turnovers this season, just thought I’d let everyone know.

I still expect them to stomp the Skins... in fact I’m considering switching over from the Bills.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switched from the Bills to the Niners.

 

My reasoning is for Week 9, the Niners are on the road not only at a Divisonal opponent (Arizona), but it’s a Thursday Night game.

 

I’ll take my chances this week with them @ Washington over that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Switched from the Bills to the Niners.

 

My reasoning is for Week 9, the Niners are on the road not only at a Divisonal opponent (Arizona), but it’s a Thursday Night game.

 

I’ll take my chances this week with them @ Washington over that.

 

I ended up switching from Bills to 9ers too. cbsholy called it well here vvvvvvvv

 

On 10/19/2019 at 10:56 AM, cbsholy said:

I feel most confident in Buffalo this week, but I'm probably "rolling the dice" a little more and taking the 49ers on the road vs the Redskins. I think Buffalo is much more valuable in the near future. It's a risk i'm willing to take as I think week 9 or 11 may be tough for those without BUF (although Week 11 you could use SF at home over ARI, but then week 9 you'd be forced to make a tougher decision)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man, anyone trying to fade the Steelers?

Historically, they have had Fitzmagic's number but Rudolph is coming into this game off on concussion.

They will be a major chalk pick and the Dolphins actually resembled somewhat of an actual football team last Sunday vs the Bills.  They should be 100% tanking but to throw Fitzpatrick in there, he should lead them to a few wins.  Just don't know when it'll happen...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

man, anyone trying to fade the Steelers?

Historically, they have had Fitzmagic's number but Rudolph is coming into this game off on concussion.

They will be a major chalk pick and the Dolphins actually resembled somewhat of an actual football team last Sunday vs the Bills.  They should be 100% tanking but to throw Fitzpatrick in there, he should lead them to a few wins.  Just don't know when it'll happen...

I'm a little worried about picking the Steelers too, last week BUF was a no brainer but they put up a good fight there. I'm leaning towards MIN at home against WAS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

man, anyone trying to fade the Steelers?

Historically, they have had Fitzmagic's number but Rudolph is coming into this game off on concussion.

They will be a major chalk pick and the Dolphins actually resembled somewhat of an actual football team last Sunday vs the Bills.  They should be 100% tanking but to throw Fitzpatrick in there, he should lead them to a few wins.  Just don't know when it'll happen...


I might. Leaning Minny right now, but have to look more at future value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm leaning the Saints right now, feel like this is the best week to use them and I see Arizona struggling offensively. Granted, I would feel more comfortable if Kamara/Cook play, but I'm not sure it will matter vs. a bad Cardinals defense. I've also already used Minnesota and the Rams, and that Dolphins/Bills game was too close for comfort for me to consider using Pittsburgh.

Other team I'm considering is Houston, don't see them losing at home to Oakland.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going Rams > Cinci, hoping a bunch of people take the Steelers and Miami pulls out the upset.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


I might. Leaning Minny right now, but have to look more at future value.

 

Looks like a good week to burn Minny, other than week 11 against DEN. Week 11 I'm pegging SF against AZ.

 

8: MIN

9: DET

10: IND

11: SF

12: CLE

13: CAR

14: HOU

15: KC

16: NO

17: LAR

 

Of course depends on who you already burned. And I don't love looking too far ahead since things can change quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

 

Looks like a good week to burn Minny, other than week 11 against DEN. Week 11 I'm pegging SF against AZ.

 

8: MIN

9: DET

10: IND

11: SF

12: CLE

13: CAR

14: HOU

15: KC

16: NO

17: LAR

 

Of course depends on who you already burned. And I don't love looking too far ahead since things can change quickly.

I like your picks, except for week 9, you would pick DET playing at OAK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Windmill said:

I like your picks, except for week 9, you would pick DET playing at OAK?

 

DET is pretty good, they've had some tough matchups and close games. I don't love it being away, and depending on how the Jets look week 8 I might take them over MIA...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STEELERS over Dolphins.  Spread is 14.5 and only a few other possible games on the Steeler schedule at home.  Leaning towards taking Pitt.

RAMS over the Bengals is also a good pick at 12.5 this week.  No gimmes the rest of the way for the Rams.  I can see this being the best choice.

VIKINGS over Redskins is probably the strongest pick with a 16.5 spread,  but I like them in week 11 at home against the Broncos.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

How about Indy at home vs Denver?  Not like Denver's O is scary and their D is suspect

I know some people aren't in favor of looking ahead, but see week 10 for a better week to use Indy. Week 10 otherwise might end up being a difficult selection.

 

But I do see Indy having no issues with beating Denver.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, felt like the Redskins had a legit shot to win last night before Keenum went out with a concussion.  AP was looking vintage and Keenum moving the ball with relative ease. 

Any contrarian picks that people like? I have the Rams locked in because I want to fade PITT but that Lions/Giants game looks interesting to me.

Can Daniel Jones beat Matt Stafford in Detroit? Line is currently DET -7

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Man, felt like the Redskins had a legit shot to win last night before Keenum went out with a concussion.  AP was looking vintage and Keenum moving the ball with relative ease. 

Any contrarian picks that people like? I have the Rams locked in because I want to fade PITT but that Lions/Giants game looks interesting to me.

Can Daniel Jones beat Matt Stafford in Detroit? Line is currently DET -7

I agree, people who took Minnesota got big time bailed out last night. Unfortunate for us who stayed away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.