smeeze

2019 Survivor Pool Thread

21 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Have to see how the teams sort out, but Steelers v. Colts or Panthers v. Titans could be options. Also (although I try to stay away from road divisional games), Cowboys @ Giants could be another option.  I think the Bucs are going to be a lot better under Arians this year.

Pitt is a wait and see for me, I think Indy is going to be better than people expect. They were super bowl contenders before Luck retired imo. Carolina pick is a little risky too, I would only trust them against a bottom feeder like Washington. This is all speculative of course, but these are my thoughts before week 1

I moved some teams around and I like this list better actually:

Week 1: WAS@PHI

Week 2: ARI@BAL

Week 3: MIA@DAL

Week 4: OAK@IND

Week 5: BUF@TEN

Week 6: DET@GB

Week 7: MIA@BUF

Week 8: OAK@HOU

Week 9: TB@SEA

Week 10: DET@CHI

Week 11: ARI@SF

Week 12: TB@ATL

Week 13: WAS@CAR, TB@JAX

Week 14: DET@MIN, SF@NO

Week 15: DEN@KC, BUF@PIT

Week 16: BUF@NE, OAK@LAC

Week 17: ARI@LARCLE@CIN

2 minutes ago, atrium said:

Pitt is a wait and see for me, I think Indy is going to be better than people expect. They were super bowl contenders before Luck retired imo. Carolina pick is a little risky too, I would only trust them against a bottom feeder like Washington. This is all speculative of course, but these are my thoughts before week 1

Why does everyone think the Redskins are such a pushover? Yes, I’m a fan, but I’m a cynical fan that knows not to expect too much.  They were 5-2 and leading the division last year before the entire O-Line and their top 2 QBs got injured.

While I don’t expect them to be a playoff team this year, they have a good defense, and a very good O-Line (once Trent comes back) and a great RB situation.  The WR corps and QB situation is awful, and that’s obviously what’s holding them back. They can typically play with anyone though... and remember how devastated they were by injuries toward the end of last season when they fell apart.

Don’t make the mistake of thinking the team is as bad as the Owner and Organization.

Btw, they beat the Panthers last year.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of being bold,this is from bleacher report

Cardinals 20, Lions 14

It's something of a nightmare to project the Arizona Cardinals season, as they will debut two major wild cards with new head coach Kliff Kingsbury and new signal-caller Kyler Murray.

In fact, the Cardinals' new system is such a mystery that the Detroit Lions should have little idea what they're preparing for, which, coupled with opening at home, gives Arizona a good head start. We know the new system will be an Air Raid, and with Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, and Andy Isabella within arms' reach, Murray could have a lot of fun Sunday. 

There's no question the Lions are the safer pick here, with a solid defense under Matt Patricia. But Detroit's 6-10 finish last season showed how much work the second-year head coach and new offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell needs to do with this offense. Until Patricia can demonstrate that he's got a well-balanced team, we'll go with the X-factor in the Cardinals.  

On 9/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:

Why does everyone think the Redskins are such a pushover? Yes, I’m a fan, but I’m a cynical fan that knows not to expect too much.  They were 5-2 and leading the division last year before the entire O-Line and their top 2 QBs got injured.

While I don’t expect them to be a playoff team this year, they have a good defense, and a very good O-Line (once Trent comes back) and a great RB situation.  The WR corps and QB situation is awful, and that’s obviously what’s holding them back. They can typically play with anyone though... and remember how devastated they were by injuries toward the end of last season when they fell apart.

Don’t make the mistake of thinking the team is as bad as the Owner and Organization.

Btw, they beat the Panthers last year.

The Eagles should be better than last year, the Redskins should be worse than last year, Trent is NOT coming back(sorry bro), the Quarterback is Case Keenum, Keenum has the worst WR group in the league, the Eagles pounded the Redskins twice last year, the game is in Philadelphia.

44 minutes ago, Fabrini said:

Speaking of being bold,this is from bleacher report

Cardinals 20, Lions 14

It's something of a nightmare to project the Arizona Cardinals season, as they will debut two major wild cards with new head coach Kliff Kingsbury and new signal-caller Kyler Murray.

In fact, the Cardinals' new system is such a mystery that the Detroit Lions should have little idea what they're preparing for, which, coupled with opening at home, gives Arizona a good head start. We know the new system will be an Air Raid, and with Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, and Andy Isabella within arms' reach, Murray could have a lot of fun Sunday. 

There's no question the Lions are the safer pick here, with a solid defense under Matt Patricia. But Detroit's 6-10 finish last season showed how much work the second-year head coach and new offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell needs to do with this offense. Until Patricia can demonstrate that he's got a well-balanced team, we'll go with the X-factor in the Cardinals.  

It’s bold to think the Lions could lose?

9 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

It’s bold to think the Lions could lose?

No, bold to take Zona as a week 1 survivor pick

EDIT...If you're in a cash pot.

Edited by Fabrini

Lions are too bold for me in week 1 but I’m not really interested in “saving” teams... pools with 20-30 people thin out pretty quick. I’m rolling with the Seahawks.

I never understood why people liked Seattle. So overrated this year.

3 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

They were big favorites, and they don't have much future value.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

For me it was less so about Seattle and more so about Cincy. Really did not feel good about their passing game, especially without AJG, and really didn't think Mixon would be able to produce alone against the Seattle defense. Obviously, Cincy had a much better passing game than I was anticipating.

Squeaked by with Seattle and Eagles in my two entries.

To everyone thinking about fading the Redskins every week, I’d advise against it... I watched every down of that game. Keenum looked great, as did the young WR corp.  

If Norman wasn’t such a loser, and if they could have gotten a 3rd down stop in the second half they probably would have won.  Wentz had a great game, and made some phenomenal plays down the stretch.

Also, the Dolphins might go 0-16.  More likely 1-15 or 2-14, so they’re almost gonna be a free space this year.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Spelling

7 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

For me it was less so about Seattle and more so about Cincy. Really did not feel good about their passing game, especially without AJG, and really didn't think Mixon would be able to produce alone against the Seattle defense. Obviously, Cincy had a much better passing game than I was anticipating.

This + Seattle has no other big 'lockdown' match ups this year, so it's a prime spot to use them

I'm going to stick to my "Team that plays Miami" strategy, but don't want to use the Pats this early. So I'll pick it up in week 3.

57 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

I'm going to stick to my "Team that plays Miami" strategy, but don't want to use the Pats this early. So I'll pick it up in week 3.

Ravens or Texans looking like decent options for next week. Panthers if you’re feeling bold.

dolphins road map:

week 2 :NE at Miami

week3: Miami at Dallas

week4: Chargers at Miami

week 5: Off (KC at home vs IND)

week6: redskins at Miami 

week 7 miami at bills

week 8: miami at pittsburg

week 9 jets at Miami

week 10 miami at colts 

week 11: bills at miami (will need a different matchup......vikings at home vs. broncos)

week 12 browns at home vs miami

week 13 eagles at miami

week 14 jets hosting miami (willl need a different macthup.....(green bay vs. Washingston)

week 15: giants hosting miami 

week 16: bengals vs miami 

week 17: NE vs miami will need to find a different match houston hosting titans)

possibly the worst year to do survivor... everyone will just pick ______ versus miami every week... this s*** is no fun this way. 

1 hour ago, dannyz6969 said:

possibly the worst year to do survivor... everyone will just pick ______ versus miami every week... this s*** is no fun this way. 

It is really fun when you pick a contrarian team and Miami comes through with an upset and half the league is eliminated in one game. Like when EVERYONE picked the Vikings to beat the Bills in week 3 last year and the Bills came through with the huge upset. I ended up winning a bunch of money last year because because between the Saints week 1 loss and the Bills game, the field was down from 80 people to less than 10 after week 3. 

On to week 2:

Pats - 18.5 point favorites (lol)

Ravens vs Cardinals

Texans vs Jaguars with a backup QB

Panthers vs Bucs - Bucs stink but can't really trust this team in a division game

9 hours ago, thirdeye said:

It is really fun when you pick a contrarian team and Miami comes through with an upset and half the league is eliminated in one game. Like when EVERYONE picked the Vikings to beat the Bills in week 3 last year and the Bills came through with the huge upset. I ended up winning a bunch of money last year because because between the Saints week 1 loss and the Bills game, the field was down from 80 people to less than 10 after week 3. 

This got me gud week 3 lol

So New England seems obvious but there is also something to going contrarian and not picking the team that 50% of the rest of the pool is going to take. Wasn't it last year that Minnesota was a 17 point favorite and got beat handily by Buffalo? That shook up my pool real good. Now I am certainly not saying I think Miami has a chance to beat New England, but just be wary about going with the same team over half your pool is likely going to take.