smeeze

2019 Survivor Pool Thread

7 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Might be the only good time to use them this season.

At home against Miami in Week 12, Cincy in Week 14, Buffalo in Week 10? Would give us more chances to see them and form an impression of how good they actually are too. I wouldn't touch the Browns this week.

edit: and I just saw the Darnold news so ignore this comment, carry on!

I'm going with Carolina at home tonight. Zig when others zag, plus I don't see many opportunities to use Carolina again.

Edited by atrium
  • Thanks 1

Just now, atrium said:

At home against Miami in Week 12, Cincy in Week 14, Buffalo in Week 10? Would give us more chances to see them and form an impression of how good they actually are too. I wouldn't touch the Browns this week.

I'm going with Carolina at home tonight. Zig when others zag, plus I don't see many opportunities to use Carolina again.

I think coming off a embarrassing loss plus the Jets injuries is too much of a layup for me to pass. Weeks 10-12 is a long way from here.

As for Carolina, I think Tampa has a much better chance of winning than the Jets do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

I think coming off a embarrassing loss plus the Jets injuries is too much of a layup for me to pass. Weeks 10-12 is a long way from here.

As for Carolina, I think Tampa has a much better chance of winning than the Jets do.

I didn't see the Darnold news until now, so I stand corrected.

Still like the Carolina pick though. Short week, back to back road games, Winston looked terrible.

Everyone knows you don't touch the Pats in South Beach, especially early in the season. Panthers at home tonight is the play for me.

• Haha 1

Panthers and Browns for me this week. 

Texans are home but we don’t know what to expect from a rookie QB and he actually looked pretty seasoned against KC.

Saving Pats, Ravens and Chiefs, while hoping for a survivor pool changing upset in each. Cowboys v Redskins could go either way as Redskins looked pretty good before collapsing last week. 

No Darnold, Bell dinged up, Enunwa gone and possibly no CJ Mosley or Quinnen Williams. Say less. Browns could be used later when they get chemistry going but looks like the perfect week to use them while home and coming off of an embarrassing loss. 

Same for Panthers, feel a comeback for Cam after a bad showing. Bucs lost at home to a lesser QB and defense, normally don’t like division games but this one looks like a lock for me after Panthers losing a winnable game at home last week. Especially with TNF always being one team running away with the game.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

I’m trying to find a website where I’m able to set up a pool with the option to buy back in one time for the original entry fee. Looked at Yahoo, CBS and ESPN and this didn’t seem to be an option on these sites. Is there a site of that does this or will I have to use an excel sheet to run it.

I believe you can do it on the site below.

https://www.officefootballpool.com/

I don’t host it, but I play in a very large survivor pool hosted on the site, and there is a small prize for the furthest team with one loss (in addition to the main prize), so I know you can customize it a bit more than the main sites.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

In light of the Darnold and Bell injuries, this might be the prime week to pick Cleveland.

I’d consider them if the game was in Cleveland, but I’d rather not pick a Monday Night road team who just got smoked in the opener, especially with Mayfield banged up.

Plus, it’s the Browns. I don’t care who is wearing that jersey... it’s still the Browns.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Plus, it’s the Browns. I don’t care who is wearing that jersey... it’s still the Browns.

Could say the same thing for the Jets. The Browns have a talented roster though just needed chemistry since Mayfield didn’t get many snaps with his WRs in preseason. 

Can’t see that defense getting beat by Trevor Siemian even if the Jets are home. 

17 hours ago, CooL said:

Since the merger, the Broncos are something like 50-8-2 playing at home in the first two weeks of the season. Players aren’t in full game shape yet, and playing at altitude is no joke. Are the Bears only going to be the 9th team out of 61 to win in Denver? I’ll go with the history and say no.

Miami has also beaten New England 5 out of the last 6 times in Miami, even though NE was the better team on paper each of those games.

I'd still recommend going with NE this week.

Bengals (home) over 49ers also looks good for people not wanting top teams.

Jimmy G and 49ers run game looking terrible. Not convinced the defense is improved, just got a couple of blessings from Winston.

Bengals have a strong defense line that got to RW a lot. 49ers also have a weak O-Line. Bengals new OC has the offense moving and Dalton put up 400+ under him in his first game.

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins

14 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Bengals (home) over 49ers also looks good for people not wanting top teams.

Jimmy G and 49ers run game looking terrible. Not convinced the defense is improved, just got a couple of blessings from Winston.

Bengals have a strong defense line that got to RW a lot. 49ers also have a weak O-Line. Bengals new OC has the offense moving and Dalton put up 400+ under him in his first game.

Might be without Mixon though.  

4 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

I’m trying to find a website where I’m able to set up a pool with the option to buy back in one time for the original entry fee. Looked at Yahoo, CBS and ESPN and this didn’t seem to be an option on these sites. Is there a site of that does this or will I have to use an excel sheet to run it.

try pickemleagues.com

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Could say the same thing for the Jets. The Browns have a talented roster though just needed chemistry since Mayfield didn’t get many snaps with his WRs in preseason. 

Can’t see that defense getting beat by Trevor Siemian even if the Jets are home. 

Fine, pick the Browns then... Flawed logic though if you ask me.

The beauty of Survivor is you don’t have to pick that game. There are plenty of other options this week that don’t involve trusting a road team that lost by 30 points at home to a mediocre team in Week 1. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've audibled to the Browns.  Saving the Pats for another week is fantastic and I'm willing to take that risk. 

2 hours ago, atrium said:

edit: and I just saw the Darnold news so ignore this comment, carry on!

Yeah I've got Cleveland over Miami in Cleveland. Survivor isn't about "this is a good matchup!". It's about maximizing 17 weeks of matchups. Baltimore is a much better alternative this week than what you get in Week 12 imo.

• Like 2

Another reason to fade the Patriots this week is that they are AT HOME against the Jets in Week 3. 

While everyone piles on them this week, I'll probably pivot and save them for week 3 against Siemien, as it's unlikely Darnold is only gone for 1 game. 

1 hour ago, KenboSlice925 said:

unlikely Darnold is only gone for 1 game. 

yeah agree, Darnold could be out 4-5 weeks.

After considering everything, I am moving away from CLE to BAL as the safest pick for me this week.  NE and CAR are also fine, but I don't trust CAR entirely and waiting to use NE + the weird nonsense about New England's record in Miami made me feel safer with Baltimore

Think I’m rolling with Baltimore and Houston with my two entries.  I believe these are likely the best spots to take those two teams all year.

Considered the Panthers tonight, but the Bucs always seem to pull of a couple division upsets each year. Good luck to all.

• Like 2