smeeze

2019 Survivor Pool Thread

4 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

don't get cute week 2

I'd love it if a survivor pool thread didn't for once have a requisite "I told you so" post 30 seconds after a game ends...

2018 week 1 New Orleans and week 3 Minnesota say hello. This game is unpredictable, that's just how it goes. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I think it's important not to look too far ahead, yeah you can save team X for week 12, but you first need to get there. A lot can happen in those weeks and a pick that looks like a no doubter can be totally different in a few weeks. I don't look beyond the next week, because my focus is this week.

4 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

BAL or CLE? who you guys rolling with ? (everyone and their grandma will be on CLE... Mosely and Q Williams out for jets)

I think the safest pick is the Pats, but people will want to save them.

Baltimore is probably a little overrated but I think they still win, although the game won't be a blowout like last week.

I like Cleveland, but I disagree that everybody will be choosing them.  Recency bias will cause people to shy away, and they really haven't proven anything yet.  Plus the game is on the road.

Anyone worried about Jimmy Smith not playing for Baltimore? Seems like their secondary is a bit banged up

Trying to decide between using New England or getting by with Baltimore or possibly Cleveland

Everyone in my league seems to be on Baltimore. Don't ask me why my commissioner posts the picks to the spreadsheet as they come in. 

I love Houston this week. Looks like it may be their most winnable game of the year. Home opener, coming off a BRUTAL loss, and against a back up QB in his first NFL start (I love the 'shew, but come on..)

2 hours ago, roscobangs said:

I love Houston this week. Looks like it may be their most winnable game of the year. Home opener, coming off a BRUTAL loss, and against a back up QB in his first NFL start (I love the 'shew, but come on..)

I'm not sure that we should doubt someone who dresses like this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Steelers are my lock today 

Given the avatar, I'm not surprised.  Fortune favors the bold.  Not the direction I'd want to go in week 2, but good luck!

23 minutes ago, CooL said:

Given the avatar, I'm not surprised.  Fortune favors the bold.  Not the direction I'd want to go in week 2, but good luck!

Only slight homerism. Ben has a great record coming off a loss, Seattle had to travel all the way over to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh home opener. 

Houston and Green Bay for me. Nervous about the Packers, but there really weren't a lot of comfortable picks this week. I think it'll be a game, but the Rodgers and co. will come out on top.

8 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Only slight homerism. Ben has a great record coming off a loss, Seattle had to travel all the way over to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh home opener. 

Yeah, but who knows if they’re actually a good team this year. Signs of decline started showing last year, and Ben looks done.

Anyone else using Yahoo having trouble editing their picks? I thought picks don’t lock until game time.

9 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

I'm not sure that we should doubt someone who dresses like this.

Tony Manero approves

32 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, but who knows if they’re actually a good team this year. Signs of decline started showing last year, and Ben looks done.

Oh stop, Big Ben is going off today. 27/38 378 and 3

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Oh stop, Big Ben is going off today. 27/38 378 and 3

Apologies, I don’t usually laugh when people get survivor picks wrong, but I’m sorry, I hate the Steelers. Never pick your team. And yes, injury or not, Ben is done. 

The Steelers suuuuuuuck.

33 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Apologies, I don’t usually laugh when people get survivor picks wrong, but I’m sorry, I hate the Steelers. Never pick your team. And yes, injury or not, Ben is done. 

The Steelers suuuuuuuck.