smeeze

2019 Survivor Pool Thread

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Yeah, either this week, or week 6@NYJ, but Darnold should be back by then, so it's not as much of a sure thing. I really don't like picking divisional games. I also hate Dallas, so I'd like to get this one out of the way, lol.

Broncos@Packers also seems like a reasonable pick this week.

Not that I hate Dallas, but this is essentially my thoughts. NE's going to be a good play almost every week. Especially over the next few weeks there are some good matchups, so can really use them anywhere. Dallas I'm not seeing as many. There are good matchups later on, but none are really going to be as good as this one. Especially where there's always the risk of injury to a guy like Zeke or Prescott that could change this.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:29 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:

The only thing about saving the Cowboys for Week 9 is that while the Giants look terrible now, it's still a road division game (breaking both rules of Survivor), and I think the chances are good that Daniel Jones takes over by then.

If he’s as good as he looked in the preseason, it might not be such a gimme for Dallas.

I’m definitely going to use the Cowboys for at least one of my entries this week, but I’ll consider diversifying for the other.

Ok, week 9 is a road divisional game for the Cowboys.  Is there any other matchup that week you feel more comfortable about?  And what about week 14?

Let’s start talking week 4. Tough week to call

I think many people are gonna roll with the anybody vs phins again this week and be burnt by the chargers on the road. This seems like a typical chargers play down to their opponent trap game.

That said, this week I’m eyeballing two matchups. Colts at home vs raiders or giants at home vs skins. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Let’s start talking week 4. Tough week to call

I think many people are gonna roll with the anybody vs phins again this week and be burnt by the chargers on the road. This seems like a typical chargers play down to their opponent trap game.

That said, this week I’m eyeballing two matchups. Colts at home vs raiders or giants at home vs skins. 

I am initially in the same mindset.  I don't trust LAC traveling east, as I've been burnt too many times by them in the past with this scenario.  Miami is also slowly starting to put things together a bit more with Rosen.  I don't like picking divisional games so I'm not really feeling NYG vs WAS, even though NYG played great today and they are home next week.  I do like IND at home vs OAK though.  

Went with Dallas and Minny for my two entries in week 3... was hoping for a SF loss which would have knocked out a small chunk, but as it is, not much carnage in my pool except a few stragglers who were on TB.

For Week 4 I’m looking at 3 games...

Rams v. Bucs

Chargers @ Dolphins

Colts v. Raiders

The Chargers were better on the road last year... they’ve never seemed comfortable playing in the Home Depot center. Opposing teams always pack it as well, as fans usually use it as an opportunity for an L.A. vacay. Will probably fade the Dolphins again with one of my picks.  Early lean on my second entry is the Rams, but I’ll have to look at the schedules a bit more.

Such a close call with SF this week, but I squeaked by. Still alive on both of my tickets, but this week makes me want to just play it "safe" next week. My initial impression is to go with Atlanta and Baltimore in week 4.

Who we liking this week outside of LAC @ MIA?

Any contrarian picks that stand out to you?

3 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Who we liking this week outside of LAC @ MIA?

Any contrarian picks that stand out to you?

Rams at home vs TB

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Rams at home vs TB

Yes - this checks all the boxes but will probably be the 2nd highest selection

Keeping an eye on Darious Leonard/TY Hilton but Colts at home vs the Raiders has my eye.

Chargers failed me on the road a few years ago deep in the season in a 1:00 PM game against an abysmal winless team (Browns), but the circumstances are different now.  Different head coach, the defense is better, and I think the team was already thinking about the move to LA at that point in the season.

A couple rules I have for survivor are no divisional games and no road teams, but I might break the rule and go Chargers here.  I understand those taking the Rams but I have them penciled in for week 8 (Saints vs Cardinals is an audible for that week as I don't have them anywhere else but without Brees I dunno about that one).

• Like 2

Looking at the schedule, despite the obvious, I think the Chargers are the prudent pick this week. I'm not seeing any other week where I would be 100% comfortable using them outside of the Raiders games, but a lot can change between now and then.

I might just play it safe and watch others get knocked out :)

Rams is a solid pick, but there will be other weeks that you can use them.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, OdellBaconJr said:

Why does LAC vs MIA feel like a possible trap. I'm thinking GB or LAC this week tho 

LAC are traveling to the east coast for a 1pm game. I'm taking dolphins +16.5, but I think Chargers win with ease. Chargers are known for letdown games so I get the hesitation.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Fair points, but it's hard to see them losing to the Cards.

Seattle barely beat the Bengals, and they lost against the Saints (without Brees).  I'm only choosing Seattle if their opponent has significant injuries.

I’m really surprised colts aren’t getting more love. I understand the concern over Hilton and Leonard, but they are money at home and raiders are terrible on the road.

I think GB at home against the depleted eagles is a nice option as well

6 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I’m really surprised colts aren’t getting more love. I understand the concern over Hilton and Leonard, but they are money at home and raiders are terrible on the road.

I think GB at home against the depleted eagles is a nice option as well

Why use them now when you can use them week 10 at home vs Miami?  By then, Hilton should be healthy, and Miami should be worse (assuming they've traded for more draft picks).

33 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

Why use them now when you can use them week 10 at home vs Miami?  By then, Hilton should be healthy, and Miami should be worse (assuming they've traded for more draft picks).

Bingo.  I have the Colts penciled in for week 10 and thus would rather not use them this week.  Hate taking a road team, especially a WC team playing at 10 AM their local time but I have a hard time seeing them losing.

Totally new thought here albeit a risky one. 

For the contrarian pick this week how about the falcons hosting tennesse who has looked terrible outside of game 1. 

Only week i can really see myself picking falcons.