smeeze

2019 Survivor Pool Thread

27 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Totally new thought here albeit a risky one. 

For the contrarian pick this week how about the falcons hosting tennesse who has looked terrible outside of game 1. 

Only week i can really see myself picking falcons.

Too risky for my taste with better options on the board, but if you have multiple entries, there are worse matchups you could pick if you want to diversify.

The Falcons just lost Keanu Neal from an already struggling defense, and the Titans D-Line should dominate the Falcons O-Line. Tennessee has also had longer to prepare coming off TNF last week. I’d stay away.

17 hours ago, wekko368 said:

Seattle barely beat the Bengals, and they lost against the Saints (without Brees).  I'm only choosing Seattle if their opponent has significant injuries.

Cincinatti has a much better defense.

2 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Cincinatti has a much better defense.

Ok?  That doesn't change the fact that Seattle has underperformed (failed to cover) every week so far.  Weren't they 9 point favorites against Cincinnati?  They won by 1.  They were 4 point favorites against New Orleans and lost.  

Right now, Seattle is exactly the kind of team you want to avoid picking in survivor leagues.

• Like 2

No way I am picking Seattle on the road against a division opponent.  That defense hemorrhages yards and they have just overall under-performed all season long.

1 hour ago, wekko368 said:

Ok?  That doesn't change the fact that Seattle has underperformed (failed to cover) every week so far.  Weren't they 9 point favorites against Cincinnati?  They won by 1.  They were 4 point favorites against New Orleans and lost.  

Right now, Seattle is exactly the kind of team you want to avoid picking in survivor leagues.

I hear you. I was just saying I'd expect them to be able to put up more points against the Cards, but you've definitely given me pause about picking them. I'm thinking the odds-makers probably downgraded NO a little too much for the Brees injury, though. The Saints are a very good team regardless.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

10 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Too risky for my taste with better options on the board, but if you have multiple entries, there are worse matchups you could pick if you want to diversify.

The Falcons just lost Keanu Neal from an already struggling defense, and the Titans D-Line should dominate the Falcons O-Line. Tennessee has also had longer to prepare coming off TNF last week. I’d stay away.

Its the type of bold pick I think can be huge later in the year saving the rams and chargers for later easy matches.

I am only in one survivor pool and went atl. Feel like you gotta go contrarian to win these and feels like the perfect spot. 

I'm thinking IND at home vs OAK is where I'm going to go.  I don't trust LAC traveling east to MIA, feels like a trap

I still have 3 picks in 2 pools. I have the Rams, Colts and Texans locked in so far. 

I'm fading the Chargers this week even if Gordon plays. 

2 hours ago, GeoffByrne said:

Thoughts on taking Denver this week?

Most likely my pick as I like to save the good teams for the stretch. Denver has an amazing home record in September going back over a decade. Bears needed a miracle to win. Minshew just had the game of his life at home pulling off the upset and I think he crashes down to earth in one of the toughest places to play on the road. Broncos starving for a win, it's a terrible spot for Jax. 

1 hour ago, Cdub2k said:

I still have 3 picks in 2 pools. I have the Rams, Colts and Texans locked in so far. 

I'm fading the Chargers this week even if Gordon plays. 

I'm taking the Rams, Ravens, and Chiefs.  I'm saving the Colts for week 10. 

Going green bay to go 4-0 at home tnf against mediocre philly, only other matchup i see them playing is wash@home week 13 but they could be 10-2 by that point so might as well use em now. 

Edited by allday_ad
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, allday_ad said:

Going green bay to go 4-0 at home tnf against mediocre philly, only other matchup i see them playing is wash@home week 13 but they could be 10-2 by that point so might as well use em now. 

That is a ballsy pick. 

7 hours ago, allday_ad said:

I like week 7 for the Packers. Home vs the Raiders

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2019 at 2:07 PM, Eddie Mush said:

LAC are traveling to the east coast for a 1pm game. I'm taking dolphins +16.5, but I think Chargers win with ease. Chargers are known for letdown games so I get the hesitation.

The problem is it takes a lot of f ups to lose against a team that has no motivation to win. In fact, there is no drive for their players to put themselves in harms way when the message from their front office is... we are selling away this year for the rebuild of the future. This is a lot different then the Miami teams of the past which were a tough out at home. Rivers is a decent veteran game manager. I am willing to let it ride with the popular pick this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

The problem is it takes a lot of f ups to lose against a team that has no motivation to win. In fact, there is no drive for their players to put themselves in harms way when the message from their front office is... we are selling away this year for the rebuild of the future. This is a lot different then the Miami teams of the past which were a tough out at home. Rivers is a decent veteran game manager. I am willing to let it ride with the popular pick this week.

I did say I think the Chargers win with ease. I have LAC locked into my survivor pool. FWIW the line did drop 1 point already.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

I did say I think the Chargers win with ease. I have LAC locked into my survivor pool. FWIW the line did drop 1 point already.

I know. I wasn’t criticizing you. I was violently agreeing. :D

• Like 1

a couple of guys in both of my leagues were eliminated tonight. Some people just over think things a little too much. 

2 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

a couple of guys in both of my leagues were eliminated tonight. Some people just over think things a little too much. 

I have no idea why someone would play GB here. I get the concept of going with a mediocre team vs a bad team. But these were two good games. Pretty much any other week would have been a better week to play GB.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I have no idea why someone would play GB here. I get the concept of going with a mediocre team vs a bad team. But these were two good games. Pretty much any other week would have been a better week to play GB.

As a packer fan I had a bad gut feeling on this one.