Idoolittle

Nelson Agholor 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

So when Alshon and DJax come back, do any of them have much value?

Alshon is the WR1 when he's healthy.  He's the elite talent.  D-Jax will be running down the field with his hand up.

But while they are both out, Agholor is almost must-start.

As a Philly fan Agholor really bothers me. He has so many soul crushing plays and then makes up for it only to crush your soul yet again. Way too inconsistent. The Eagles on offense haven't been the same since Reich left though.

3 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

So when Alshon and DJax come back, do any of them have much value?

Yes, both of them. I'd go Alshon over DJax due to volume, but DJax is the better deep ball "boom" play. Probably the biggest knock about the Philly offense in terms of fantasy is that there's too many mouth's to feed, but it's a good enough of an offense that that shouldn't be a problem. Last week Philly would have won that game if it wasn't for the drops from the practice squad WRs.

1 hour ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

And Nelson handled it with class. Asking Twitter to help find him so he could put him and his family up for tickets to the next home game. Respect.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27692203/eagles-expect-jeffery-goedert-play-vs-packers

It looks like everyone will be back except DJax. That is probably going to have a considerable effect on Agholor's targets.

I still think he'll be involved in a high volume of snaps though given he's the 2nd best WR and that none of the other WR can catch a ball. A drop off from the last couple of weeks is expected, but somewhere in the area of 6-9 targets seems reasonable to me.

giphy.gifsource.giffire_philadelphia_unlike_agholor.jpg

Jeffrey still questionable, but it looks like he may be playing. Goedert may be back. But one more week, at least, of Agholor getting a good number of targets!

Edited by FitzMagic

2 hours ago, dorwell said:

ZERO EFFING POINTS?

spacer.png

What was wrong with this guy. 0 everthing how is that possible?

I guess it was a product of Wentz only throwing the ball 27 times and Alshon getting full use right away. Anyway, assuming DJax is back next week he's a drop at this point.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 1:24 PM, FitzMagic said:

giphy.gifsource.giffire_philadelphia_unlike_agholor.jpg

Jeffrey still questionable, but it looks like he may be playing. Goedert may be back. But one more week, at least, of Agholor getting a good number of targets!

This post certainly did not age well. And it for sure isn't happening.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

This post certainly did not age well. And it for sure isn't happening.

I knew this would be the last week, but I figured with Jeffrey banged up he'd still get a few catches. I think the fact that Green Bay couldn't stop the run had a lot to do with it. When they had Jeffrey, Ertz, and Goedert out there with 16 for 27 performance from Wentz, there isn't much to eat. To the pit of misery for Agholor...

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

What's everyone think about him this week if desean jackson is out again ... Know last week was terrible but he also posted to plus 20 ppr weeks prior to that ...

1 minute ago, dnorma2 said:

What's everyone think about him this week if desean jackson is out again ... Know last week was terrible but he also posted to plus 20 ppr weeks prior to that ...

Became almost must-drop the moment Alshon was designated as active last week.

Just picked up and thinking about starting in a deep league with Djax out. Anybody with me? Matchup looks solid but the donut last week is discouraging even though Wentz threw just 27 times. 

On 10/4/2019 at 2:10 PM, josheggers said:

Just picked up and thinking about starting in a deep league with Djax out. Anybody with me? Matchup looks solid but the donut last week is discouraging even though Wentz threw just 27 times. 

I know this was before last week's game, but I still think he can be played in a deep league with DJax out. He's still out there on about 90% of snaps, so he could see some looks. Probably would have been a desperation start for me in one of my leagues if I didn't pick up Richardson.

EDIT: I should be clear, in most leagues he should be dropped. But if you're looking for a desperation play he's not the worst option out there.

Edited by Idoolittle
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I know this was before last week's game, but I still think he can be played in a deep league with DJax out. He's still out there on about 90% of snaps, so he could see some looks. Probably would have been a desperation start for me in one of my leagues if I didn't pick up Richardson.

EDIT: I should be clear, in most leagues he should be dropped. But if you're looking for a desperation play he's not the worst option out there.

Lol I ended up starting last week but luckily didn't matter thanks to CMC and Cooper. Thinking about holding due to deep league but don't need to play him this week.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Jeffrey and Howard down, Gilmore shadows Ertz. Somebody has to be the recipient of targets.

Agholor and Goedert...right?

Jordan Matthews

I really think Agholor is a great option this week as basically Wentz has Ertz to throw to and Jordan Matthews who was added back to the Eagles this week. I think Nelson Agholor will get targets and could get into the end zone this week. The Eagles are also up against the Patriots so this game most likely will be a shootout.

6 hours ago, SmileyFace8 said:

I really think Agholor is a great option this week as basically Wentz has Ertz to throw to and Jordan Matthews who was added back to the Eagles this week. I think Nelson Agholor will get targets and could get into the end zone this week. The Eagles are also up against the Patriots so this game most likely will be a shootout.

Just don't see this game being a shootout but I could be wrong!