Sign in to follow this  
pushaZ

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside 2019 Outlook

Do y'all feel the stars aligning on poor man's Juju yet?

I love everything about this dude from his length and wingspan to his speed to his advanced field awareness to his red zone usage... to DeSean Jackson breaking his finger just now.

Anyone else holding until the inevitable blow up week where he's a 50 dollar FAAB guy?

I'm holding him the entire year no matter what.

He's got a cool name at least.

Definitely going to monitor him but that backfield is so crowded unless you are in a super deep league can't see that I would roster him.

The early reports on this guy have been absolutely glowing. It's preseason but he has looked like a man amongst boys out there.  Eagles have way too many options in the pass game for me to feel comfortable saying he'll have a significant role this year but if you're in a dynasty I would keep a really close eye on him.  

44 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

He's got a cool name at least.

Definitely going to monitor him but that backfield is so crowded unless you are in a super deep league can't see that I would roster him.

wtf does the backfield have to do with this cat?

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wtf does the backfield have to do with this cat?

used the wrong term. Meant all the other receivers.

6 hours ago, Dead Money said:

used the wrong term. Meant all the other receivers.

The frontfield

• Haha 1

I could see him emerging later on in the season but there are way too many mouths to feed to consider him in anything but a 16 teamer at this point. At best he's the 5th option. 

I'm in a 14 teamer, y'all can wait and see.

When he hits he's unquestioned no 1 waiver.

I'm a hold as long as it takes.

25 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I'm in a 14 teamer, y'all can wait and see.

When he hits he's unquestioned no 1 waiver.

I'm a hold as long as it takes.

Yeah he was an instant scoop in my 16 teamer.

Draft pedigree, glowing camp reports, and shredded in game. I encourage people to check his tape from last game, he looked amazing. 

If Alshon or DJax go down, watch out. Nelson becomes an afterthought, and I wouldn’t be surprised if JJ started pushing him for time even with no injury.

• Like 1

Jj is looking the part. Drafted in the 2nd Round??

Im desperate for WRs so im taking a shot, passes the eye test. Should go on the other side of Alshon with djax in the slot

Edited by CABLE87

5 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Jj is looking the part. Drafted in the 2nd Round??

Im desperate for WRs so im taking a shot

It's not like Jeffery, DJAx, and especially Agholor are world beaters anyways. There is potential for them to start losing work to a stellar rookie. 

I do think you'll likely have to hold longer than other players to see things pan out with him, but he could be well worth the gamble in a 12 teamer. 

Edited by yahyahtrick
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

It's not like Jeffery, DJAx, and especially Agholor are world beaters anyways. There is potential for them to start losing work to a stellar rookie. 

I do think you'll likely have to hold longer than other players to see things pan out with him, but he could be well worth the gamble in a 12 teamer. 

Definitely. If you play dynasty or keepers, snatch him now.

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1

He's the real deal folks. I was really bummed when I missed out on him in my dynasty startup last weekend. I think they are clearly grooming him to take over for Alshon after this year. As others have said, he should be next man up if the Eagles have any injuries in their receiving corps.

Was my first round pick in Dynasty this year at 13 out of 14.

Built like Alshon. Seems to be ahead of where they expected him to be but can't see him being useful to me this year unless Jeffery gets injured. Certainly very promising though. 

19 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

Was my first round pick in Dynasty this year at 13 out of 14.

Built like Alshon. Seems to be ahead of where they expected him to be but can't see him being useful to me this year unless Jeffery gets injured. Certainly very promising though. 

This is exactly where I’m at with JJ. He is truly similar to Alshon and I see very little chance he’s anything more than insurance for 2019 and a hopeful replacement for him in the future. Alshon has missed an average of <2 games per year since 2015 so I see a scenario where Alshon misses a game or two here and there and the hype train significantly outpaces any actual production for JJ in his absence. This team has weapons that Wentz is firmly entrenched with (Ertz #1, Jeffery/Sproles #2/3, Agholor #4) so you’re much more likely to get a dud from JJ in a spot start than anything.

He’s just a flier that has moderate value if Alshon has a long term injury since Mack Hollins may be traded/not make the team.

Is he in the same tier of holds as a DK Metcalf? Both seem they are 2nd half potential stars as far as rookies go. 

32 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

This is exactly where I’m at with JJ. He is truly similar to Alshon and I see very little chance he’s anything more than insurance for 2019 and a hopeful replacement for him in the future. Alshon has missed an average of <2 games per year since 2015 so I see a scenario where Alshon misses a game or two here and there and the hype train significantly outpaces any actual production for JJ in his absence. This team has weapons that Wentz is firmly entrenched with (Ertz #1, Jeffery/Sproles #2/3, Agholor #4) so you’re much more likely to get a dud from JJ in a spot start than anything.

He’s just a flier that has moderate value if Alshon has a long term injury since Mack Hollins may be traded/not make the team.

Sproles? Lol

JJ is going to get redzone looks right away. Scored 14 at Stanford last year. Body for the endzone. 

Agholor will be a weekly inactive and DeSean Jackson already has a broken finger. Jackson's not the healthiest or the youngest guy either.

8 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Sproles? Lol

JJ is going to get redzone looks right away. Scored 14 at Stanford last year. Body for the endzone. 

Agholor will be a weekly inactive and DeSean Jackson already has a broken finger. Jackson's not the healthiest or the youngest guy either.

Oof. This is a rough take on what the Eagles offense is going to look like week 1.

2 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Oof. This is a rough take on what the Eagles offense is going to look like week 1.

Last I checked it was a 16 week season. And the redzone looks right away came from Rotoworld not me.

12 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Last I checked it was a 16 week season. And the redzone looks right away came from Rotoworld not me.

Well here are some things you should think about aside from a random blurb from a Rotoworld staff member:

• Agholor - who you claim will be weekly inactive, saw 90% of all potential snaps in 2018, 5th highest on the team and 2nd highest at a skill position aside from Zach Ertz. 64/736/4 are rather gaudy numbers for a #3 option on a team. Saw the 2nd-most targets of any player from Wentz in 2019 training camp, 1 behind Alshon Jeffery.
  • Jeffery - a bigger, more talented, more proven JJ. As long as Alshon is healthy, he will see every relevant goal line snap over JJ. Carson averages nearly a TD more per game when Alshon is healthy.
  • Ertz/Goedert - the Eagles run a significant number of 2-TE sets in the red zone and Goedert had 4 TDs as a rookie despite having a top-3 TE in front of him. 
  • Jackson - you mention his injury, which isn't even expected to hold him out week 1. Mostly a deep threat and decoy, an off-dominant broken finger is considered basically the lowest form of injury that he could have sustained.
  • Sanders + Howard - despite spending the majority of the season with three RBs who will not be on NFL rosters this year, the Eagles were still top-20 in the NFL in rushing TDs. They added two real NFL running backs, both over 215 pounds. The 70% Passing TD to 30% Rushing TD split should creep closer to 60/40.

Conclusion: Wentz averages 28 passing TDs per 16 games. Round that up to 34 for an expected productive year. I'm seeing about 4 miscellaneous TDs available. Conservatively, you have:

• 12 to the Tight Ends
  • 8 to Jeffery
  • 6 to Agholor/Jackson (extremely conservative)
  • 4 to the RBs

JJ has zero standalone value in 2019 and it would take a significant injury to Alshon Jeffery for him to have any <14 team league roster value.

Yeah I dig the enthusiasm but most of y'all are just talking about him beating it the WRs for looks. Ertz is by far the #1 target in this offense and Goedert has been a force. Already talk about running a lot more 2 TE sets particularly in the RZ.

I absolutely love JJ and I think the guys in dynasty leagues have the right idea scooping him early as a future Alshon replacement. And sure he's worth a shot in deep deep leagues. But in all likelihood he's starting off the year as the 6th receiving option, maybe 4th in the RZ.  I absolutely expect him to force more playing time with his play but that's a big uphill battle for fantasy relevance this year.

• Like 1

Weren't they trying to get rid of agholor??

Desean Jackson looks like he's about to miss 4-6 weeks with his broken finger

They said Desean wouldn't really miss any time at all actually.

Anyway just wondering.  Do you guys prefer this guy or Mecole Hardman on KC?