am5465

QB2 in keeper? WHIR!

In a 16-team keeper league I am toward the end of a slow draft and have Cam Newton has my starter. Most QB2s have been drafted as backups so the following QBs remain:

Dalton, Rosen, Haskins, Flacco, Keenum, Eli

I am struggling to decide if I simply want to grab Dalton as my backup/bye week fill-in, or roll the dice on Haskins or Rosen in hopes that one will end up being a nice keeper moving forward. The obvious risk is that neither is starting in week 7 and I have no QB for that week.

Would love some thoughts on this, and will certainly help in return!

I'm going to give you a very unpopular opinion, but Flacco is probably your safest bet there. He's throwing behind a Munchak coached line, in the offensive scheme that he played his best in his career, and has a Fangio led defense to help him out. For targets, Sanders is healthy, Sutton and Hamilton have been great in practice, and rookie Fant could be a great TE (which Flacco loves to hit). With Cam going through some 'foot pains', it may be nice to have a legit 'proven' starter as back up.

I don't hate Flacco. Lock if injured, wont be able to play and will redshirt. I don't hate Dalton but I see a lot of issues there.  While I really do like what Rosen has done in preseason, I am not certain enough he will carry that production over. All though I do expect him to start over most games this season.  Haskins as well is a big question. Definitely not Eli or Keenum.

To me this boils down to Flacco or Rosen I think. If you want to roll the dice at being able to keep Rosen possibly.  Flaco the safer choice though.

Please help with mine, thanks:

I would say Lock if you are looking for a bench stash but otherwise I think Flacco. Rosen has talent but no enough weapons on that awful team. Flacco is boring and I would keep an eye on if a higher upside option springs up but for now he is the right choice. Do not like Haskins at all

What's your primary goal here (EITHER back up Cam OR have a potential keeper?  If it's to have a back up, I agree with the Flacco choice. If it's the keeper angle, pick the one you like and accept your fate that week.

Thanks for mine!

Edited by Bandito

Rosen and it's not even close! He will be the Dolphins #1 QB this year