Sign in to follow this  
brakeyawself

Dynasty Trade help! Njoku too good? WHIR

16 Team, H2H, IDP, PPR, full dynasty in its 4th year. We are in the 3rd Round of a 6 Round draft. 

My only QB is Mayfield after Luck retired. Lock and Mullens the only QBs of interest still available.

Been a strange draft. Some players still available are Whiteside, Boykins, J. Hill, Meyers, Keeshawn Johnson, P. Campbell, Isabella, Crockett,

J. Hurd, Armstead, Ogunbowale, Preston Williams,  Love, D. Williams, T. Williams, McLaurin, Deontae Johnson.

They probably all wont be available at pick 4.08.;  But a lot should be available at pick 3.08.           

I have been offered:

I get Dalton/James Washington/2019 4.08 pick

I send Njoku/G. Edwards

OR

I get Dalton and 2019 Pick 3.08

I send Njoku

I am having difficulty deciding between these two deals. If I got pick 3.08 I stand a good chance at a player like J. Hill, Whiteside, Boykins Kee Johnson etc...

Not sure who might still be available at 4.08 but I am sure a few good ones still.  But then I would also get Washington.

I am also worried Njoku will blow up this year.  My other TE is Engram, but since my QB is Mayfield I would love that stack. 

Lucks retirement means I need a backup QB and there are really no options left.  

The Trubisky owner wanted Njoku +Will Fuller for him.  I thought that was too much also. for what would be my backup.

Leave a Link! WHIR

You already have Engram though and OBJ will command a lot of targets now. I could see the 2nd deal as doable if you truly need Dalton for the bye week. I assume besides Trubisky, there's no one else to target.

I think the 2nd deal is fine if you absolutely need a backup/bye week fill-in and there are no other QBs worth mentioning.

I guess the 2nd if you need to make a deal now. Otherwise I would honestly wait as I think you could get a better deal for Njoku from a TE needy owner during the season

22 minutes ago, joed0 said:

You already have Engram though and OBJ will command a lot of targets now. I could see the 2nd deal as doable if you truly need Dalton for the bye week. I assume besides Trubisky, there's no one else to target.

Thanks for the reply.  And yea, teams are being real stingy with their QBs.  Haskins and Murray both went very early and Jones as well.  There are like 4 teams I think that only have 1 viable QB. A couple with prospects or longshots.  But we also have 2 Flex spots.  So having 2 top TE's isn't a bad thing necessarily, can roll them both out any week. 

I really thought the Trubisky owner would take Njoku and something less than Fuller. I just cant see giving up both of them for my backup. Mullens and Lock are still available and I was considering taking one of them late.

I guess James Washington isn't as valuable as I had thought?  Was considering possibly trying to move him after, but am skeptical.

I actually am leaning towards choice 2 also.or not looking for a completely different deal.  I just can;t seem to pull the trigger on trading Njoku away for whatever reason.

Edited by brakeyawself

Deal 2 offers decent enough value IMO with how good the talent is at 3.08 but I agree you may be able to sell him during the season to someone in need of a TE for more, I think it depends how much you like a particular talent at 3.08. If you can get Isabella, Whiteside, Hill or maybe Boykin, especially if WR is a need then I pull the trigger

Trust me, my opinion will not help you here. The one thing I will say is that if you are only making a move right now because you need a backup QB then I would hold off and see what else could come along. Thanks for help on mine

Edited by jonboycubs

I'd wait for now. 

Thanks for mine!