Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

6 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

It's tempting. GB defense looks better this season but the only real offense they've faced was Minnesota. One thing that scares me is Peters is returning to LT and they get Alshon back, oh and Eagles are desperate and can't fall to 1-3. 

I don't love that Z. Smith is questionable with an injury that popped up yesterday.  He's been essential.

55 minutes ago, christino3286 said:

Can drop GB for BAL, SEA or PIT? 

I'd say Baltimore out of those options. After this week vs Cleveland, it's Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Seattle. All startable matchups. 

Had JAX managed to get BAL. 

JAX with Ramsey's future in the air droppable? 

I dont mind running with two strong defenses.

But do need to drop a player (m.brown, Cole Beasley or JAX)

So basically BAL or JAX ROS?

Jake Elliott @ GB or Jason Myers @ ARI? Thinking Myers has more upside.

36 minutes ago, Cord said:

I think Myers too. Just a feeling. 

1 hour ago, BakedGhost said:

Had JAX managed to get BAL. 

JAX with Ramsey's future in the air droppable? 

I dont mind running with two strong defenses.

But do need to drop a player (m.brown, Cole Beasley or JAX)

So basically BAL or JAX ROS?

Ravens no brainer.

You'd have to think Ramsey is gone at some point.  All these excuses to get out of practice a week after him asking for a trade?

Once he's gone that defense has some major question marks on the back half the Ravens do not with Earl the Pearl.

2 hours ago, Cord said:

Myers is who ill be going. Had Elliott last week and prefer myers against cardinals 

2 hours ago, Cord said:

Just dropped Elliot.   Hate the matchup at GB, although he might be really busy, I just don’t see it happening.   I’d also scoop Myers.   

Is anybody thinking about the Jets defense?  They're currently the #2 defense in my league.

Yes, I know they have a bye Week 4 and Weeks 5-7 matchups aren't good.  But check out their schedule weeks 8-14.  I'm not sure it can get any better....Jac, Miami, NYG, Wash, Oak, Cin, Miami.  That's a pretty darn good 7 week string of matchups IMO and that Week 14 matchup against Miami is as good as it gets for Week 1 of fantasy playoffs.

It's just too bad the Jets aren't better offensively but maybe things pick up as Darnold gets back.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Is anybody thinking about the Jets defense?  They're currently the #2 defense in my league.

Yes, I know they have a bye Week 4 and Weeks 5-7 matchups aren't good.  But check out their schedule weeks 8-14.  I'm not sure it can get any better....Jac, Miami, NYG, Wash, Oak, Cin, Miami.  That's a pretty darn good 7 week string of matchups IMO and that Week 14 matchup against Miami is as good as it gets for Week 1 of fantasy playoffs.

It's just too bad the Jets aren't better offensively but maybe things pick up as Darnold gets back.

Thats what I was thinking. Their late schedule looks so soft.

week 4 stream?

Houston vs CAR

Pittsburgh vs CIN

Tennessee @ATL

cleveland @ BAL

buffalo vs NE

tampa bay @LAR

I have PIT defense but i see the Colts are available.  Thinking about picking them up.  They play Oakland

15 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

I have PIT defense but i see the Colts are available.  Thinking about picking them up.  They play Oakland

I really don't see what's so attractive about the Colts defense vs Oakland.  Look what Denver wasn't able to do vs them week 1.  

On 9/24/2019 at 2:16 AM, TheINC said:

I'm sticking w GB this week, and perhaps longer.  They look real legit (real world and fantasy-wise), and could be this years Bears and the year before's Jax IMO.  Only matchups for them that concern me at all are week 5 @ Dal and week 8 @ KC.  Rest of season sked looks pretty sweet.

Ouch

1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Ouch

Yup.  At least it answered that question, doesn't help the -1 in my lineup this week tho...

On 9/27/2019 at 7:13 AM, tts42572 said:

Does anyone actually watch the JETS? I would like to know if their performances are a fluke or if they have some staying power once Darnold is back? Would love to have a DST I can set and forget the second half of the season.

Houston and Pitt are both FA, but I'm thinking about going with the Falcons. Quinn took over defensive play calling and the falcons play better at home. Mariota is turnover prone and just took NINE sacks

I've always streamed defenses and kickers, but SF and Robbie Gould were both dropped for the bye week. Seriously considering picking them up now and dropping them for Pittsburgh/Boswell if I need the points (playing the league taco). Currently holding Falcons/Slye