Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

49 minutes ago, mugshot said:

Currently have JAX

Keep or grab Denver, Pitt or Atlanta instead?

I would stick with the Jags. That is what im doing as the O/U is 38.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I would stick with the Jags. That is what im doing as the O/U is 38.

Yeah, pretty high floor against such a mediocre offense, but I think Pittsburgh has the highest ceiling out of this week's streamers

32 minutes ago, ilikepieman said:

Yeah, pretty high floor against such a mediocre offense, but I think Pittsburgh has the highest ceiling out of this week's streamers

I thought about the Steelers but not a fan of divisional matchups. It could go either way. 

11 hours ago, ilikepieman said:

I've always streamed defenses and kickers, but SF and Robbie Gould were both dropped for the bye week. Seriously considering picking them up now and dropping them for Pittsburgh/Boswell if I need the points (playing the league taco). Currently holding Falcons/Slye

I’ve done this in the past. Only problem is your opponent may beat you to it and pick them up to block you.

is Badgley playing for Chargers today? Why can’t I find the punter Long who kicked the last two weeks for them on Yahoo?

Really struggling with who to take on PIT, IND, and ATL.

Leaning PIT, as Colts have injuries and ATL hasn’t been great.

2 hours ago, CooL said:

I’ve done this in the past. Only problem is your opponent may beat you to it and pick them up to block you.

is Badgley playing for Chargers today? Why can’t I find the punter Long who kicked the last two weeks for them on Yahoo?

I ended up getting Slye and the 49ers defense, dropped the Steelers late yesterday so they won't clear waivers until tomorrow–they'd have to drop someone who's on bye or also plays MNF. We'll see how it goes, but I believe in the D/ST over Gould, and Slye has been hitting some long kicks

I play on ESPN, Badgley is listed as out and Long should be playing... that said, idk if I'd start him confidently after he went 1/3 two weeks ago (tbf I didn't see the game, may have been blocked or a 60 yarder or something)

Ah that is great strategy with picking up Pitt D earlier in week and then dropping. On Yahoo though, your opponent could still drop any bench player who wasn’t started in order to pick up the defense, so the strategy won’t work there. 

13 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Should we run and pick up the SF dst if available?

Browns crushed Baltimore dst today...

4 hours ago, lindown said:

Browns crushed Baltimore dst today...

I'm not that sold on Baltimore D to be honest, and the offense did them no favors this week . I kinda like SF as a sneaky good pickup at home vs CLE, and if you can stream a different D vs the NE week, you can maybe start them 5 times straight . They get @WASH , CAR , @ARI , SEA , ARI  . And if they performing by the time the Hawks game comes up you can just leave them in there for that game at home. I would , but first let's see if they're the real deal , looking like it so far. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, herschel said:

Early week 5 defense picks?  Who do you like?

Saints vs TB

Titans vs Buf

Eagles vs Jets

Eagles probably

On 9/24/2019 at 3:16 AM, TheINC said:

I'm sticking w GB this week, and perhaps longer.  They look real legit (real world and fantasy-wise), and could be this years Bears and the year before's Jax IMO.  Only matchups for them that concern me at all are week 5 @ Dal and week 8 @ KC.  Rest of season sked looks pretty sweet.

Did GB DST cost anyone else a game this week?

Defensive debacle vs philly earned me -3 points in a match I lost by one. 

(csb, I know)

Edited by candygram4mongo
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, herschel said:

Saints vs TB

Titans vs Buf

Eagles vs Jets

Titans and it’s not even close imo

• Like 1

I will try to get the Titans, too. I thought it would be the best to go with the Eagles, but the last performances are no really good arguments.

12 hours ago, herschel said:

Saints vs TB

Titans vs Buf

Eagles vs Jets

I like both Saints and Titans, as I think they're the best two real life defenses of the lot.  If Josh Allen doesn't play then I'd lean more Titans, but if Allen plays I think I like the Saints more.  Jameis still likes to turn the football over and the Saints D feels like it knows it has to do some heavy lifting with Brees out - they're playing very tough right now.

• Like 1

How do you guys feel about SF this week vs Cleveland?  Has their D been legit?  Will the by week and being at home help them step up against Cleveland during prime time?

How about Carolina vs Jacksonville?  I've started defenses against Minshew the last couple weeks and it hasn't gone great at all, but it seems like Carolina did a good job getting after Watson on the road this week.

Tennessee IF Allen plays, not such a great option?  Not sure how I feel about New Orleans with what the Bucs have been doing the last couple but they were blanketing Dallas receivers last night.

Anyone else get totally screwed by BAL D? (4 pts in one league -10 in another)

Guess it wasn't just KC. That D looked about as soft as a chewy chocolate chip cookie.

They worth keeping at all? Gonna get angry or just give up on em?

Edited by BakedGhost

13 minutes ago, BakedGhost said:

Guess it wasn't just KC. That D looked about as soft as a chewy chocolate chip cookie.

I'm running a team for a cousin who is a Ravens fan, and I got him the Ravens D as a homer pick.  But after watching the game he texted me that I need to drop the Ravens D and that he thinks they aren't a good defensive team anymore.  He watches all their games so I'll follow with his wishes.  I'm not saying they for sure aren't good anymore, but he seems to be done with them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BakedGhost said:

Yup -1 for me too. And it was against the Browns and their s---y o-line. Guess they're not the set and forget defense people hyped them up to be so I might just end up streaming the spot.

So is the panthers defense legit or what? Shut down the Texans completely. They are available in waivers you guys think they are set it and forget it or you still have to play by matchups? 

Eagles D home against the Jets looks pretty good for week 5. I would then Darnold would be rusty after his mono layoff. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lindown said:

tennessee, san francisco, buffalo...which TWO DST should be held ROS?

Buffalo no question, and San Fran I like . I picked up the 49ers for free yesterday , for one my bench players. Will try to snag BUF off waivers on Wednesday. You can always pivot to TEN if one of those 2 can't be picked up. I just have TEN in a lower tier because sometimes their offense is so stagnant it hurt's the D, but overall all very solid ROS.