Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

5 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

I’m playing Pitt d this week. I think they have some talent on that side of the ball with watt heyward bush and now Fitzpatrick getting acclimated. They’re forcing turnovers which is the big part to me. They look very opportunistic.

I like it. I'm currently doing the same. I agree - they do have some talent on D. Even if they play half as well against a tougher matchup, they should still produce decent fantasy numbers. Plus, they're playing at home and need to win in order to stay in playoff contention. The AFC north features a 2-2 Browns and a 2-2 Ravens. Steelers are one win behind tying 1st if Browns lose next week against SF (possible).

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 12.15.00 PM.png

Edited by 4Ring
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 4Ring said:

I like it. I'm currently doing the same. Even if they play half as well against a tougher matchup, they should still produce decent fantasy numbers. Plus, they're playing at home and need to win in order to stay in playoff contention. The AFC north features a 2-2 Browns and a 2-2 Ravens. Steelers are one win behind tying 1st if Browns lose next week against SF (possible).

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 12.15.00 PM.png

It’s definitely a risky play being a tough divisional game, but I love the talent and turnover rate to date of this group. Also, Lamar obviously hasn’t worked out all the kinks and that makes a decent shot at a turnover or two. 

1 hour ago, 4Ring said:

you mean week 8? that's in 4 weeks.

First they play Baltimore this week, Chargers next, followed by a BYE week and then the Dolphins. Not worth rostering as a streamer during that timeframe unless they keep up their stellar performance against tougher offenses (possible, but unlikely).

I'll hold and have another defense in the meantime

Keep LAC vs DEN or pick up BUF @ TEN for this week?

If I pick up BUF I might keep em through their week 6 bye, because they play MIA twice and WAS, along with some other good matchups. Plus BUF looks like a legit D, not just for FF purposes.

27 minutes ago, frog34 said:

If I pick up BUF I might keep em through their week 6 bye, because they play MIA twice and WAS, along with some other good matchups. Plus BUF looks like a legit D, not just for FF purposes.

The white BUFFALO ! lol . It's good times after their bye week . Hold tightly 

46 minutes ago, allday_ad said:

Rank these DEF this week

Carolina vs jax

SF vs cle

Cin vs ari

SF, CIN, CAR

7 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Someone dropped jags D.  Still elite?

I dropped them for the Titans. Jax not even top 10 in fantasy scoring. It was an easy decision.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, itschief33 said:

I’m playing Pitt d this week. I think they have some talent on that side of the ball with watt heyward bush and now Fitzpatrick getting acclimated. They’re forcing turnovers which is the big part to me. They look very opportunistic.

100% agree.. And I’ll take it even further, I would hold onto the Steelers D through their Week 7 bye. Their schedule from Week 8-16:

Dolphins, Colts, Rams, at Browns, at Bungles, Browns, at Cardinals, Bills, at Jets

Not too shabby of a playoff schedule with the likes of the Dolphins and turnover prone Browns sprinkled in for good measure.

• Like 2

Just now, Cheppy said:

100% agree.. And I’ll take it even further, I would hold onto the Steelers D through their Week 7 bye. Their schedule from Week 8-16:

Dolphins, Colts, Rams, at Browns, at Bungles, Browns, at Cardinals, Bills, at Jets

Not too shabby of a playoff schedule with the likes of the Dolphins and turnover prone Browns sprinkled in for good measure.

I snagged buffalo d from a drop. I will be streaming them Both ROS with the only matchup I don’t like being I think Pitt @ LAC if I remember correctly

Anybody looking at the Jets defense?  I have no idea if they're defense is really any good or not....

But their Week 8 through Week 14 schedule is the stuff dreams are made of. 

Man, the Steelers schedule after their bye is AMAZING. Im holding on to them. I also picked up the 49ers who face the Skins during the Steelers bye. Now Im not sure who to use this week. I think I like the Steelers better this week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Man, the Steelers schedule after their bye is AMAZING. Im holding on to them. I also picked up the 49ers who face the Skins during the Steelers bye. Now Im not sure who to use this week. I think I like the Steelers better this week.

Are the Cleveland matchups really that amazing though?  They're an offense that's more than capable of tossing up a big game like they just did against the Ravens.

I only really see weeks 8, 12 and 14-16 as prime matchups.  

Do think they have one of the strongest playoff schedules with the Cards, Bills and Jets.

Just now, tts42572 said:

Are the Cleveland matchups really that amazing though?  They're an offense that's more than capable of tossing up a big game like they just did against the Ravens.

I only really see weeks 8, 12 and 14-16 as prime matchups.  

Do think they have one of the strongest playoff schedules with the Cards, Bills and Jets.

Cleveland's offensive line is horrendous and Baker Mayfield's been brutal before the Baltimore game. Before that game, they haven't scored more than 14 points all year. I don't think one game vs a pretty bad defense (ignore the name, who does Baltimore have on the defensive side besides Thomas) changes my opinion on Cleveland. 

15 hours ago, frog34 said:

I had the make the same decision after Gallup was activated and decided on Buffalo for their ROS schedule. But I'd have preferred to go LAC this week. And still may grab them if my second QB (Josh Allen) is declared out.

Nugent will take over the kicking in Foxboro.

Edit:

Out: Myers / In: Nugent

Edited by Mr_Baller

2 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Nugent will take over the kicking in Foxboro.

Should be a good pickup as long as he makes his kicks.  That Patriots kicking position obviously has yielded a lot of consistent points over the years.

2 hours ago, peacja said:

Who should I start?

Browns or 49ers?

Niners. Better defense, coming off a bye, facing bad oline, and at home.

looking ahead to CHI week off next week: DAL @ NJ, WASH @ MIA,

WASH @ MIA ... it's the Fins

CAR @ TB (CAR is top 10 in FP production thus far, TB giving up 6th most FPs to DST)

TB vs CAR (top 5)

GB vs DET (top 7)

DAL @ NYJ (Dal doesn't put up big numbers, but Jets are giving up the 3rd most FPs)

Thoughts?

Edited by luckBbrady