Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

32 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

I think the rookie holder had a lot to do with his misses, and bad blocking.

Do you think that'll improve later in the season?

SF defense worth trusting against the Rams?  They looked awesome Monday and the Rams are making a lot more mistakes this year.  But they still are the Rams.  IDK.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

SF defense worth trusting against the Rams?  They looked awesome Monday and the Rams are making a lot more mistakes this year.  But they still are the Rams.  IDK.

Goff has been turnover prone and hasn't dealt with pass rush well. I think they are set and forget right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Darnold is officially cleared to play. 

Is CAR still a good play with this news?

29 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Is CAR still a good play with this news?

Not sure how Darnold impacts the Carolina- TB game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Goff has been turnover prone and hasn't dealt with pass rush well. I think they are set and forget right now.

I'm really considering grabbing them for a decent game against LAR but then a blow-up spot next week.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:09 PM, aapox said:

I'm really torn on Baltimore and Dallas. I always like a team at home and Cinci has been awful but Baltimore D hasn't looked good. Dallas just got ran all over but GB is a lot better than the Jets. Even with Darnold coming back there should be rust there.

Right now, with no news on Darnold, I am rolling Baltimore but if the news in NYJ is murky I might go Dallas. I will 100% go Dallas if Darnold is ruled out.

What do you think about my options?. Here's the wire:

BAL (vs CIN)

DAL (@ NYJ)

GB (vs DET)

DEN (vs TEN)

PITT (@ LAC)

other options, perhaps but unlikely worth mentioning: MIA, WAS, SF, Tampa, Arizona

I myself currently hold TEN but I am tempted to pick up GB. 

TEN

GB

DEN

29 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Not sure how Darnold impacts the Carolina- TB game.

LOL I meant Dallas.

Just now, RoseLin23 said:

LOL I meant Dallas.

Im not as high on Dallas as I was before the Darnold news. They are not a very good defense. I may pivot to another matchup.

12 minutes ago, aapox said:

I'm really considering grabbing them for a decent game against LAR but then a blow-up spot next week.

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

I've been burned by some defenses before this year thinking they were set and forget (I'm looking at you, Packers).

Don't let me down Sherminators.

I had a claim in for Dallas but I'll probably cancel and see if they clear waivers. If not, likely go Denver or Washington. 

29 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

I really like Baltimore at Home.

I know they are playing Cincy but they are such a bad defense Im not touching them.

5 hours ago, thegoodback said:

who is it out of this 4?

TEN (at DEN)

BAL (vs CIN)

CAR (at TB - UK)

WAS (at MIA)

I‘m holding TEN right now but considering the other 3

Easily Carolina against sloppy Jameis.

How is Baltimore 69% owned still when they are the #27 scoring defense for the year?  These aren't Ray Lewis' Ravens.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cam4Future said:

But do you really prefer them @LA over streaming options like the Ravens or Chargers?

8 hours ago, Heizz said:

This is my dilemma as well....

4 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Man this is a tough call, I'm really torn on this. I mean the Rams will forsure score at least 21 points at home , give or take. But will Frisco D get enough sacks, INT's , fumbles to put out a decent outing is another thing. 49ers are undefeated , so they could play an extremely smash mouth game against the Rams.  

8 hours ago, pbjfb said:

Do you like them more for playoffs than gb, pit, or Bal, or nyg?

Sf: @no, atl, lar

Gb: was, chi, @min

Pit: @ari, buf, @nyj

Bal: @buf, nyj, @cle

Nyg: @phi, mia, @was

I hate the Giants & Baltimore D , so those 2 are out for me.  Right now as it stands I would say Pit for the playoff run. But , keep a close eye on SF for sure. You already know I'm very high on them but it's a bit too early for me to say. I need a bigger sample size to give a definite answer. And their opponents are no joke , @NO in the bayou with Brees back - very bad , ATL at home I could see them eating Matt Ryan alive , then the Rams at home another toughie. Let's see how Niners do against LA this weekend . Also like GB as well, they could mop up WAS easily , than CHI and MIN  could be low scoring grinder type of games. Sorry couldn't give you a solid answer, but I did eliminate a few choices for you if that's help. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Thanks 1

As good as SF D looked I dont know if I can trust them against the Rams.

Def big in my league (starts out with 30)

Choices:

LAC v. PIT

DEN v. TEN

GB v. DET

NO@JAX

MIA or WSH

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

I hate the Giants & Baltimore D , so those 2 are out for me.  Right now as it stands I would say Pit for the playoff run. But , keep a close eye on SF for sure. You already know I'm very high on them but it's a bit too early for me to say. I need a bigger sample size to give a definite answer. And their opponents are no joke , @NO in the bayou with Brees back - very bad , ATL at home I could see them eating Matt Ryan alive , then the Rams at home another toughie. Let's see how Niners do against LA this weekend . Also like GB as well, they could mop up WAS easily , than CHI and MIN  could be low scoring grinder type of games. Sorry couldn't give you a solid answer, but I did eliminate a few choices for you if that's help. 

Thanks, yeah, not sure if it's still too early to evaluate playoffs schedule because a lot of these bad teams right now have injured QBs or rookie QBs still developing or they may go through some coaching changes that open things up, but I'm in a league with limited moves so SF is a really appealing pickup because they're solid and they've had their bye, the only thing is the playoffs schedule, I might not be able to make another move then.

My streaming options are SF, DAL, WAS, and BAL.

I’m going after BAL then DAL.

Don’t feel great, but don’t feel horrible either.

8 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

It's pretty difficult to predict this matchup and I don't like the chances of the Rams bouncing back and biting you in the a**. It's still the Rams. It's still a divisional fight. Rams play at home. Both teams are going to deploy everything they can to win, including Gurley. Honestly... I just wouldn't risk it. Could it work out if you start the niners D? Definitely. But it could also very well be a high scoring affair where both teams go ham and your defense gives up TDs and yards. I would rather face an offense where I know with 100% certainty, sucks. Jets, Bengals, Redskins, Dolphins. Much higher probability there.

My .02 

• Like 2