Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

Recommended Posts

Held Tennessee and SF all week and dropped SF for a kicker before the games started.  Boy does that hurt because they look legit (and I lost by .9 to boot).  I don't know if you start SF this week, but keep in mind the Rams line is kind of iffy with three new starters I believe.  The way that SF front four is playing they could force Goff into making some mistakes and get a decent number of sacks on him.

What I'm realizing now though is I want a defense on a team that also has a good offense to keep them off the field, keep them fresh and hopefully put the other team into catch-up mode forcing them to pass more.

Packers are great for this, SF is looking like a candidate, obviously NE who is rostered everywhere, but I think NO and Dallas qualify for this as well.

Another defense I'll throw out since someone dropped them in one of my leagues is Seattle.  They haven't been the most amazing yet fantasy wise, but I feel like they should be able to get after Mayfield this weekend, and their offense should be able to supplement them.

This is why I always cringe at the thought of playing the Titans because I don't feel like Mariota does them any favors by not putting them in good situations, such as when they couldn't do anything against the Jags in week 3.  I know Denver is depleted but it wouldn't surprise me if their defense made things difficult for Mariota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, herschel said:

Im going Dallas > GB > Washington > Den > Tenn

Where would you put Baltimore here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone with a benchspot should be grabbing the Bills D/ST this week. 

Yes, they are a bye, but that's why this week is both sneaky & essential. Because if you wait for next week, you'll either have to pay way more in FAAB than you should for a D/ST, or you'll lose out on waiver adds to someone else. Here's what the Bills D/ST has lined up (opponent rank in terms of D/ST scoring = 1st is worst & 32nd is best). 


week 7: vs Miami (31st)
week 8: vs Philly (15th)
week 9: vs Washington (30th)
week 10: at Cleveland (28th)
week 11: at Miami (31st)
week 12: vs Denver (22nd)
week 13: at Dallas (2nd)
week 14: vs Baltimore (3rd)
week 15: at Pittsburgh (19th)
week 16: at NE (7th)

You can ride the Bills comfortably all the way through week 12, by which time your bench should be contracting with an eye towards playoffs anyway (so you will pick up a D/ST that has good matchups for 13 & 14), with Bills slated to face Pittsburgh in week 15. 

a few quality options to pair with the Bills in order to plug playoffs that are likely NOT on rosters currently: 
Jets: @ Cincy (week 13; 26th), vs Miami (week 14, 31st), vs Pittsburgh (week 16, 19th)
Carolina: vs Wash (week 13, 30th), at Atlanta (week 14, 24th), at Indy (week 16) - would need an alternative for week 16 here
Philly: at Miami (week 13, 31st), vs NYG (week 14, 20th), vs Dallas (week 16, 2nd) - would need an alternative for week 16 here

So in summary: start whoever you got this week, but grab the Bills NOW. Then next week, drop your current flier defense in exchange for the Jets, and you'll be able to ride Bills & Jets D/ST all the way through week 16 with an absurdly cushy D/ST schedule.
Only exception would be for Pats D/ST owners (I have 2 of 3 possible shares of this team): in which case, I'm HOLDING Pats & going to have them & Bills, with plans of dropping Pats after week 11 (they face Dallas, Houston, and KC week 12-14) in exchange for the Jets at that time. 

Defense wins 'ships. Enjoy. 

Edited by shaman0610
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, STEVEfromLA said:

What do you think about chargers against pit?  

I'm doing exactly this move, Bolts at home in a must win vs a 3rd string QB, a gimpy RB and no depth.  I'm also grabbing SF this week to play for the next 3 weeks after (and maybe even against the Rams since Goff is tossing a ton of INTs so far this season and that rams o-line is leaky).  Also Denver at home is a solid option vs Mariota, so is Seattle home to Cleveland'd horrid o-line as well.

Edited by TheINC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TheINC said:

I'm doing exactly this move, Bolts at home in a must win vs a 3rd string QB, a gimpy RB and no depth.  I'm also grabbing SF this week to play for the next 3 weeks after (and maybe even against the Rams since Goff is tossing a ton of INTs so far this season and that rams o-line is leaky).  Also Denver at home is a solid option vs Mariota, so is Seattle home to Cleveland'd horrid o-line as well.

 

46 minutes ago, TheINC said:

I'm doing exactly this move, Bolts at home in a must win vs a 3rd string QB, a gimpy RB and no depth.  I'm also grabbing SF this week to play for the next 3 weeks after (and maybe even against the Rams since Goff is tossing a ton of INTs so far this season and that rams o-line is leaky).  Also Denver at home is a solid option vs Mariota, so is Seattle home to Cleveland'd horrid o-line as well.

Seahawks  are @ Browns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gsiegel said:

 

Seahawks  are @ Browns

Yup, realized that too late. Still think a fine play, but not as good as the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shaman0610 said:

Everyone with a benchspot should be grabbing the Bills D/ST this week. 

Yes, they are a bye, but that's why this week is both sneaky & essential. Because if you wait for next week, you'll either have to pay way more in FAAB than you should for a D/ST, or you'll lose out on waiver adds to someone else. Here's what the Bills D/ST has lined up (opponent rank in terms of D/ST scoring = 1st is worst & 32nd is best). 


week 7: vs Miami (31st)
week 8: vs Philly (15th)
week 9: vs Washington (30th)
week 10: at Cleveland (28th)
week 11: at Miami (31st)
week 12: vs Denver (22nd)
week 13: at Dallas (2nd)
week 14: vs Baltimore (3rd)
week 15: at Pittsburgh (19th)
week 16: at NE (7th)

You can ride the Bills comfortably all the way through week 12, by which time your bench should be contracting with an eye towards playoffs anyway (so you will pick up a D/ST that has good matchups for 13 & 14), with Bills slated to face Pittsburgh in week 15. 

a few quality options to pair with the Bills in order to plug playoffs that are likely NOT on rosters currently: 
Jets: @ Cincy (week 13; 26th), vs Miami (week 14, 31st), vs Pittsburgh (week 16, 19th)
Carolina: vs Wash (week 13, 30th), at Atlanta (week 14, 24th), at Indy (week 16) - would need an alternative for week 16 here
Philly: at Miami (week 13, 31st), vs NYG (week 14, 20th), vs Dallas (week 16, 2nd) - would need an alternative for week 16 here

So in summary: start whoever you got this week, but grab the Bills NOW. Then next week, drop your current flier defense in exchange for the Jets, and you'll be able to ride Bills & Jets D/ST all the way through week 16 with an absurdly cushy D/ST schedule.
Only exception would be for Pats D/ST owners (I have 2 of 3 possible shares of this team): in which case, I'm HOLDING Pats & going to have them & Bills, with plans of dropping Pats after week 11 (they face Dallas, Houston, and KC week 12-14) in exchange for the Jets at that time. 

Defense wins 'ships. Enjoy. 

I’ve been eyeing this for a few weeks now.  Hoping the guy with Buf drops them for the bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, yanksman said:

I know they are playing Cincy but they are such a bad defense Im not touching them.

I was thinking the same about the Eagles last week and it was a costly move for me. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The top 4 streaming options this week.

 

Chargers D home vs Pitt and 3rd string QB

Ravens D home vs Bungles

Cowboys D at Jets 

Redskins D at Dolphins

 

How would you rank them? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up SF for some FAAB. Pretty comfortable with them but currently have a spot for another defense with the WW looking pretty thin. 

Anyone already pairing SF with someone, or playing anyone else over SF vs Rams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of sticking with the Panthers again this week against the Bucs in London, but I always feel weird having one of my players play against my D/ST.

 

I'm liking the Chargers against the Steelers with a 3rd string QB. What do you guys think about the Chargers this week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the week San Fran Passes the test against an elite team and solidifies themselves as a set and forget. 

 

Reminds me of last year going in many were scared to start the bears against the pack week 1 and those who did were rewarded handsomely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

I was thinking of sticking with the Panthers again this week against the Bucs in London, but I always feel weird having one of my players play against my D/ST.

 

I'm liking the Chargers against the Steelers with a 3rd string QB. What do you guys think about the Chargers this week?

I have both and I'm leaning towards the Chargers. If they can get an early lead, Pitt will be forced to throw it with their 3rd string QB (most likely). On the other hand, I think the Bucs are missing like half of their O-line for this game. The Panthers should feast on Jameis. But I don't like the idea of the London game as these tend to be fluky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No love for Carolina's D? I'm pretty sure the Bucs will be missing a majority of their O-line for this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling uncomfortable starting Rams D/ST this week against the 49ers. Any of these options much better?

Panthers vs TB

Packers vs Detroit

Broncos vs Titans

Falcons @ AZ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:12 AM, pbjfb said:

Do you like them more for playoffs than gb, pit, or Bal, or nyg?

 

Sf: @no, atl, lar

Gb: was, chi, @min

Pit: @ari, buf, @nyj

Bal: @buf, nyj, @cle

Nyg: @phi, mia, @was

 

 

SF is the darling defense right now but that's a rough playoff schedule for them against three good QBs (assuming Brees is back by then).

I think a sneaky add may be Pittsburgh D.  Is there a better rest of season schedule for any likely unowned defense out there?

Week 6: @LAC (13th)

Week 7: Bye

Week 8: Mia (1st)

Week 9: Ind (26th)

Week 10: LAR (12th)

Week 11: @Cle (5th)

Week 12: @Cin (7th)

Week 13: Cle (5th)

Week 14: @Ari (9th)

Week 15: Buf (4th)

Week 16 @NYJ (2nd)

 

I normally don't put a lot of stock in looking ahead at opponents (unless it's against Miami), but aside from maybe Indy and the Rams, this is a tasty looking schedule.  Certainly from Week 11 and on, you won't find anything better.  The disaster that is Baker x 2, pathetic Cincy, erratic Kyler Murray, Josh Allen and his turnovers, and a weak Jets offense.  It's not great that they have a week 7 bye, but this schedule looks great and might have me holding two defenses even though I know that's stupid.

Pittsburgh is 3rd in the league with 19 sacks, have talent on the back end and tied for fourth with 7 interceptions, and tied for the league lead in fumbles with 6.  They do however give up a healthy amount of points (114). 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CooL said:

SF is the darling defense right now but that's a rough playoff schedule for them against three good QBs (assuming Brees is back by then).

I think a sneaky add may be Pittsburgh D.  Is there a better rest of season schedule for any likely unowned defense out there?

Week 6: @LAC (13th)

Week 7: Bye

Week 8: Mia (1st)

Week 9: Ind (26th)

Week 10: LAR (12th)

Week 11: @Cle (5th)

Week 12: @Cin (7th)

Week 13: Cle (5th)

Week 14: @Ari (9th)

Week 15: Buf (4th)

Week 16 @NYJ (2nd)

 

I normally don't put a lot of stock in looking ahead at opponents (unless it's against Miami), but aside from maybe Indy and the Rams, this is a tasty looking schedule.  Certainly from Week 11 and on, you won't find anything better.  The disaster that is Baker x 2, pathetic Cincy, erratic Kyler Murray, Josh Allen and his turnovers, and a weak Jets offense.  It's not great that they have a week 7 bye, but this schedule looks great and might have me holding two defenses even though I know that's stupid.

Pittsburgh is 3rd in the league with 19 sacks, have talent on the back end and tied for fourth with 7 interceptions, and tied for the league lead in fumbles with 6.  They do however give up a healthy amount of points (114). 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Top 5 in takeaways are 1.Patriots, 1.Steelers, 3.Packers, 3.49ers, 5.Bears, and 5. Bucs. Playoff schedules don't bother me. Teams that produce takeaways are gold.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Top 5 in takeaways are 1.Patriots, 1.Steelers, 3.Packers, 3.49ers, 5.Bears, and 5. Bucs. Playoff schedules don't bother me. Teams that produce takeaways are gold.

Yeah, in the past I've been burned by substituting a good defense for one with a tasty matchup in the playoffs. If you were to pick one ROS, Steelers, Packers, or 49ers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Yeah, in the past I've been burned by substituting a good defense for one with a tasty matchup in the playoffs. If you were to pick one ROS, Steelers, Packers, or 49ers?

49ers. What I like is the points against is low for the 49ers, plus their takeaways. If they can contain the Rams, I think they will be a lock for me.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently have GB rostered for week 6 but I have Washington (coming off waivers on Friday) and SF available? 

 

Should I run with GB or the other 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep going back and forth on whether the Cowboys are worth a waiver claim. I've the Bills on bye and the only other decent choices out there are Broncos, Redskins, Chiefs, Seahawks. I suspect someone claims the Cowboys but maybe not the Broncos. 

Hoping to add the Steelers after their bye. Thanks for the heads up on their ROS to other posters here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.