Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

Thanks to this thread some of the comments convinced me to go with SF over DAL despite significant favor towards DAL by experts. Not only was it a good decision for this week, but it looks like we have a defense that can be held for several weeks, if not ROS. Fantasy playoffs look concerning, but something that can be evaluated as we get closer.

• Like 1

I know the Jets have the patriots on Monday next week but after their schedule is almost set and forget (pretty similar to NE’s start of the year schedule). They get: @JAX, @MIA, NYG, @WAS, OAK, @CIN, MIA. That’s 7 plus matchups for streaming purposes and hopefully they get Mosley back soon because this team played so much better with him in week 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ddam2013 said:

I know the Jets have the patriots on Monday next week but after their schedule is almost set and forget (pretty similar to NE’s start of the year schedule). They get: @JAX, @MIA, NYG, @WAS, OAK, @CIN, MIA. That’s 7 plus matchups for streaming purposes and hopefully they get Mosley back soon because this team played so much better with him in week 1.

And if you play in yahoo and churn through backups throughout the day, pick up the JETS next Sunday night after the late game, since they play Mon night. Probably will be on the ww since they are playing the pats and then you have them locked and loaded for that sweet stretch.

19 hours ago, HTXMade said:

Just snagged up Buffalo.  They have Miami next week :) 

Grab Pitts this week too; Miami off their bye.

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I love the 49ers D/ST.

That is all.

Agree.  Weeks 10, 12 and 14 don't look so hot but pretty good otherwise.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Grab Pitts this week too; Miami off their bye.

Pitt losing Tuitt for season is huge....

Than again, it's still Miami

Who would you go with

Titans vs Chargers

Green Bay vs Oak

Minnesota @Det

New Orleans @Chicago

Edited by bookofalamo28

Anyone have any good playoff defenses to snatch up before the rush? Eagles get @MIA (week 13), NYG, @WSH, DAL to finish the season.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:46 PM, Ddam2013 said:

Why do so many sites have the Jets ranked so low for ROS ranking? It is messing with my mind!

5 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Why do so many sites have the Jets ranked so low for ROS ranking? It is messing with my mind!

Not really sure. Yeah they haven’t been doing well as a defense but when you’re starting your 3rd QB it’s hard to have a productive defense, and the 3 quarters Mosley played, albeit against Buffalo, they had a shutout and a defensive TD. My philosophy on defenses is it’s more important who they play than how good they are and the Jets play really bad teams for 7 straight weeks.

• Like 1

Denver D was the streaming start of the week clocking in at 20 pts.

Other notable mentions :

- Panthers (thanks to Winston's lovely 5 picks) - 18 pts

- Steelers - 14 pts

- Niners - 12 pts

- Skins - 12 pts

Looking at the Jags for this upcoming week @ Cincinnati. Ravens' paltry defense held them to 17 points and Jags held NO to 13 pts. A couple sacks and a hopeful gift from Dalton and you have yourself a decent stream.

Nothing else worth looking at on my waiver wire... sigh

how do you guys rank the following this week:

giants vs ari

texans @ ind

chiefs @ den

I already have SF dst, but looking to pickup a second dst. Should I go Steelers or Jets?

6 hours ago, scheibler said:

I already have SF dst, but looking to pickup a second dst. Should I go Steelers or Jets?

Jets IMO.  As has been noted they have the most ridiculously friendly schedule after NE.  CJ Mosley is going to hopefully start practicing this week and return to the lineup soon.  Darnold is back to give them a competent offense and keep the defense off the field and keep them in friendlier game script situations.  To me the Jets are a HUGE sleeper right now given all the circumstances with dealing with Luke Falk as their QB.  If you have them and SF you will be locked and loaded at defense for awhile.

• Like 1

Am I crazy for streaming the Jets this week against Pats? My other option is Colts against Houston, which isn’t the worst. 

I just have a gut feeling that they’ll pull off an upset. They’re fired up and have Darnold back. Patriots offense has been gettin carried by the D lately, plus when they played last time, they had a back up QB and still managed to score against the Pats offense. I could totally be wrong, but I just have a weird sense that this is the game that snaps the patriots winning streak. 

I think I’m going with them and I’ll definitely be back in this thread once the week ends, either to celebrate or write my suicide note. 😂

Edited by mvttchew
  • Like 1

Week 7: Titans vs. Chargers and Jason Myers vs. Ravens

So I will hold Titans this week and probably next week as they face Tampa in week 8. At home.

4 hours ago, mvttchew said:

Am I crazy for streaming the Jets this week against Pats? My other option is Colts against Houston, which isn’t the worst. 

I just have a gut feeling that they’ll pull off an upset. They’re fired up and have Darnold back. Patriots offense has been gettin carried by the D lately, plus when they played last time, they had a back up QB and still managed to score against the Pats offense. I could totally be wrong, but I just have a weird sense that this is the game that snaps the patriots winning streak. 

I think I’m going with them and I’ll definitely be back in this thread once the week ends, either to celebrate or write my suicide note. 😂

I might pick them up and start them over Tennessee because I don't have room for two defenses and their schedule is too good to ignore. Pat's oline sucks so maybe not the worst start. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I might pick them up and start them over Tennessee because I don't have room for two defenses and their schedule is too good to ignore. Pat's oline sucks so maybe not the worst start. 

I have dallas and am thinking of taking a chance in the jets this week and beyond as I also don't have room for 2 defenses