Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

55 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

No Mosley or McClellan again hopefully back next week otherwise this team is just an avg defense 

As a Jets owner, I’d feel confident starting an average defense against each of those offenses, except maybe Oakland depending on how the next few weeks go. Could pick up Cleveland vs. Miami or Detroit vs. Washington for that week

Both the Ravens D and Cowboys D are sitting on my waivers

Ive got an open roster spot

Which one do I grab?

4 hours ago, ilikepieman said:

As a Jets owner, I’d feel confident starting an average defense against each of those offenses, except maybe Oakland depending on how the next few weeks go. Could pick up Cleveland vs. Miami or Detroit vs. Washington for that week

29 pts given up to the jaguars?  I’m staying away 

41 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

29 pts given up to the jaguars?  I’m staying away 

The Jags had scored 26+ in 3 of their last 4 including matchups with the Panthers and Broncos—I never expected NYJ to have a good game today, and it doesn’t make much of a difference in their outlook imo. Darnold also threw three picks which is less likely to happen against Miami, Washington, Cincy, etc. Obviously they’re not New England or SF but I feel ok about them through week 14.

23 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

ROS ranking, who would you rather have?

Jets

Panthers

Titans

Thoughts please, thanks!

Jets have the dream schedule, but they are so horrid I think I would rather roll with panthers 

37 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Jets have the dream schedule, but they are so horrid I think I would rather roll with panthers 

If you had to drop 1 who would it be?

God the Jets are looking like a miserable stream now.  Offense looking bad, no Mosley for awhile, now they trade Leonard Williams?  Feel like they are stealth tanking.  Darnold with a sprained thumb and no Kalil makes it harder for the offense to sustain and help the defense.

Was looking forward to using the Jets for weeks now but I'm starting to wonder if it's time to press abort here.  Sadly the waiver options aren't much better as I'm sure is the case for others as well.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1

There seems to me little question the Jets are capable of allowing 20 points and getting no turnovers against any offense in the league.

• Like 1

Cowboys @ NYG a good play for week 9 ? Giants are gonna score but their also good for a bunch of TOs 

Options are Cowboys @ NYG  or Panthers vs Titans 

Edited by OdellBaconJr

On 10/24/2019 at 1:26 PM, afl5013 said:

I have both and am keeping both for now. Rams D looked great (against the Falcons) but having Ramsey back there could allow for a lot more pressure on the opposing QB which equals fantasy points. 

I did the same this week, but I feel like I’m holding 2 kickers. 

24 minutes ago, Godeep said:

I did the same this week, but I feel like I’m holding 2 kickers. 

Yeah, but it's worth it if the rest of your team is solid. If you need depth, it's probably not ideal, but if your starters are set and you have 1 good backup at RB and WR, it's worth it to use two roster spots to ensure a good defense each week. 

3 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Browns D vs Broncos or Eagles D vs Chicago? 

I have the some doubt. And im thinking about dropping the Bears DST for one of them. im 3-5, need win now

4 hours ago, konstao said:

I have the some doubt. And im thinking about dropping the Bears DST for one of them. im 3-5, need win now

I dropped the bears D when Hicks got hurt and been rolling SF.   I’d fire philly up 

17 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Browns D vs Broncos or Eagles D vs Chicago? 

My starting lineup is basically set, and now I think about rostering 2 defenses ROS. Got the Eagles for this week, and now consider adding the Browns. Browns have BUF PIT MIA coming up, all 3 at home. Also CIN at home in week 14. So Browns would fill the void until the Eagles have the stretch starting week 13 with MIA NYG WAS. Eagles will get some pieces back too, and the Browns are getting back their 2 starting CBs. Think this strategy could work.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:00 PM, OdellBaconJr said:

Cowboys @ NYG a good play for week 9 ? Giants are gonna score but their also good for a bunch of TOs 

Options are Cowboys @ NYG  or Panthers vs Titans 

im rolling with them this week.  coming off a bye and a solid performance against the eagles. big game, monday night, division rival....hoping they show up.

Browns D @ DEN

or

Cowboys D @ NYG?

i originally grabbed Dallas but everything I’ve read makes me feel like I should go Cleveland. Their pressure and sack rates are great and Denver’s offense was terrible and shouldn’t be better with the young gun.