Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

On 10/27/2019 at 3:46 PM, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

Entire Rotoworld owns Jets D... not good....

Yeah I don’t get it. The Jets are a mess and they are not good. I’ve been touting the Steelers and picked them up before week 6. They have a good schedule as well, and a playoff schedule of Arizona, Buffalo, and the Jets for the ship. They’re third in the league in points and second in takeaways. Meanwhile the Jets are #21 and seemingly trying to implode. 

I think the browns are gonna end up being that down the stretch moneymaker we all were expecting the jets to be. 

5 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

@aapox Stay away from Cleveland, if Cleveland is in my lineup, I'm filing a complaint

I think you are being short sighted here. Their schedule is cake almost every week here on out, Denver, buffalo, miami, cincy, Arizona, pitt twice and one scary matchup with Baltimore whom they actually did well against in their first meeting. 

As bad as they have been to me I saw signs of improvement last week against a clearly superior opponent they at least made a game out of it and didn’t fall flat. They have had a tough schedule for the most part thus far, New England, Baltimore, Rams, 49ers, and Seattle. Tennesee is no push over either. 

2 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I think you are being short sighted here. Their schedule is cake almost every week here on out, Denver, buffalo, miami, cincy, Arizona, pitt twice and one scary matchup with Baltimore whom they actually did well against in their first meeting. 

As bad as they have been to me I saw signs of improvement last week against a clearly superior opponent they at least made a game out of it and didn’t fall flat. They have had a tough schedule for the most part thus far, New England, Baltimore, Rams, 49ers, and Seattle. Tennesee is no push over either. 

hope you’re right!  Dropped Chicago and rolling with Cleveland and Baltimore ros and playoffs.  

I have the Bears D on all if my teams. I'm looking at replacing them with Pittsburgh for the rest of the season. Good move?? Bears D has been kind of disappointing and the Steelers ROS schedule looks fantastic! Good move?

I have Pitt from last week but picked up the browns as well. I'd like to drop one prior to the weekend. Think Pitt will suffice or roll with Browns this week? Other options are Broncos, eagles, Colts(mia next week) and Jets

I have ClE and NO defense. Should I drop one for the Steelers? Their ROS schedule is awesome and they are #3 scoring DEF in my league.

1 hour ago, GoBlue41 said:

I have the Bears D on all if my teams. I'm looking at replacing them with Pittsburgh for the rest of the season. Good move?? Bears D has been kind of disappointing and the Steelers ROS schedule looks fantastic! Good move?

Exact same position I'm in. I'm leaning toward dropping. Bears have only one good matchup left and that's the Giants. 

Dropped jets to stream cleveland this week, they have a good upcoming schedule—broncos with brandon allen, bills, steelers, dolphins, steelers again, then the bengals first week of playoffs. Also looking at

green bay—giants, washington, chicago weeks 13-15

baltimore—bills, jets, browns in the playoffs

leaning gb, i’ll probably pick them up next week if i can clear roster space for a second defense

Is anyone scared of going up against a Rudolph led Pitt? I hve NYJ, but considering 5 of their starting LB’s are out, amongst other drama and loss of players, I’m looking to drop them. The colts are the only option on the waiver and I feel like they’re a solid unit. They have Leonard and hooker back and have been a decent D. They aren’t super high scoring but seem like they have a safe floor. 

3 hours ago, mvttchew said:

Is anyone scared of going up against a Rudolph led Pitt? I hve NYJ, but considering 5 of their starting LB’s are out, amongst other drama and loss of players, I’m looking to drop them. The colts are the only option on the waiver and I feel like they’re a solid unit. They have Leonard and hooker back and have been a decent D. They aren’t super high scoring but seem like they have a safe floor. 

I'd play Colts over Jets due to the safety of that play. Rudolph still did not look great and Indy has a way better defense.

For anyone thinking about the Bears D, it's time to move on (I'm a Bears fan and watch most games). Drop them for better teams/matchups. They aren't and will not be a must start defense this year and you can stream instead. They're still a good defense worth looking at but the only match-up proof defenses, right now, are NE and SF, maybe Pitt, Buff and Tenn behind.

If you knew you were going to make the playoffs, starting week 13, which 1 or 2 defenses would you grab now:

Packers (@NYG, Was, Chi, @Min)

Browns (@Pit, Cin, @Ari, Bal)

Jets (@cin, mia, @Bal, Pit)

Cowboys (Buf, @Chi, LAR, @Phi)

Ravens (SF, @Buf, NYJ, @Cle)

8 teamer. Please vote to keep 2 of 4. Consider I want to win now for playoff seeding and also win in Playoffs.

BUF, LAR, PIT, NO

Should I drop Bears D for Steelers ROS? I'm skeptical because Pitt may suffer on offense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Last Rebel said:

If you knew you were going to make the playoffs, starting week 13, which 1 or 2 defenses would you grab now:

Basically in the same situation as I mentioned above, although my league’s playoffs don’t start until week 14. I think Cincinatti is the new Miami as long as Dalton is benched (they were already close), although Washington with Haskins is up there too. I’m rolling with Cleveland this week and will probably pick up Green Bay once I have room for a second defense.

What does everyone think about the SF defense going forward after this performance against Arizona and losing Kwon?

I had picked up the Jets because of their cake schedule for the rest of the season but they are so terrible now that I don't think it matters so I dropped them.

On another note, what does everyone think of Tampa Bay's defense for the rest of the season?  I know they tend to give up a lot of points and they haven't been mentioned much at all here for awhile but I looked at the points that they have put up in my league and except for one negative point week, they have consistently put up around 10 points a week.

Edited by sjm76

On 10/31/2019 at 3:33 PM, Last Rebel said:

Week 13 typically isn't a playoff week so assuming you're already in I'd definitely go Ravens here for 14-16. I like having the biggest favorite when starting a defense and the Ravens will have the biggest positive spread in those three games. Packers would be second for me. 

Picked up Pittsburgh for free. Now I have the BUF-PIT combo!

• Like 1