Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

2 hours ago, rag9876 said:

What are people thinking about the Rams longterm? I've been using them regularly for the past 4-5 weeks and they've been pretty awesome overall. Have some studs on the Defensive side, always a threat for sacks and big plays... but the schedule is rough: 

Baltimore, Arizona, Seattle, Dallas, SF 

I'm fortunate enough to have clinched a playoff spot. I don't like rostering 2, but someone like Philadelphia and their cake schedule (MIA, NYG, WAS coming up) might be better. 

My issue here tonight. Have Rams but Saints sitting on WW

Better for Playoffs?  Jax  (opponents TB/LAC/Oak/Atlanta) or GB (NYG/ Wash/ Chi /Min)?

Questions....is your preference to play best DST available ?  Or....pick the Defense playing against the Team giving up most points to opposing DST's ( MIA/NYG etc)

11 minutes ago, bosny said:

Questions....is your preference to play best DST available ?  Or....pick the Defense playing against the Team giving up most points to opposing DST's ( MIA/NYG etc)

Against team giving up most points

19 minutes ago, bosny said:

Better for Playoffs?  Jax  (opponents TB/LAC/Oak/Atlanta) or GB (NYG/ Wash/ Chi /Min)?

GreenBay 

I have on Free Spot in my Roster, only interesting Option on the Waiver is James Washington, i have the Browns and Could Pick up Cowboys, Falcons, Seahawks, Texans or Titans For the Playoffs. But all of them without easy matchups - Titans?

Was able to pick up the Saints and the Eagles.

My plan is to have the Saints against the Panthers this week.

For Week 13-15 the Eagles: MIA, NYG, WAS

Week 16: Saints vs. TEN

Any thoughts on that?

Edited by Mr_Baller

I picked up Cleveland. Love their schedule the next 3 weeks (Mia, @pit, cin) but hating what happened Thursday and losing their best player. Kind of feeling they won't be any good. I also have SF but they kind of feel unusable the next 3 weeks. Someone just dropped Buffalo. Good matchup this week but brutal schedule after. 

Streaming DST isn't difficult. Just play the matchups. As long as you don't fire up a bottom feeder defense like MIA or CIN, streaming against a bottom 10 offense or a turnover-prone QB is always a viable strategy.

That said, sometimes it gets tricky. The Bills are ranked as the #2 DST according to Fantasypros ECR and in the top 5 basically everywhere. However, the Broncos in general but particularly Brandon Allen aren't turnover-prove because they play it very conservative. The Bills are a much better real-life D than a FF-DST. Their weakness is stopping the run, while the Broncos usually have a solid run game.

Ultimately I can't see the Bills DST living up to the top 5 ranking. Their floor will be solid, but don't expect them to score 10+.

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

Streaming DST isn't difficult. Just play the matchups. As long as you don't fire up a bottom feeder defense like MIA or CIN, streaming against a bottom 10 offense or a turnover-prone QB is always a viable strategy.

That said, sometimes it gets tricky. The Bills are ranked as the #2 DST according to Fantasypros ECR and in the top 5 basically everywhere. However, the Broncos in general but particularly Brandon Allen aren't turnover-prove because they play it very conservative. The Bills are a much better real-life D than a FF-DST. Their weakness is stopping the run, while the Broncos usually have a solid run game.

Ultimately I can't see the Bills DST living up to the top 5 ranking. Their floor will be solid, but don't expect them to score 10+.

It definitely gets tricky. Miami was a goldmine vs opposing defenses in the beginning of the year but recently they have been much better.

• Like 1

I'm still targeting the teams playing against Cincy, Miami, and Washington every week. I feel like those are the clear cut top matchups for opposing fantasy defenses. In week 14 (first round of playoffs for me), I'm looking at stashing either Green Bay against Washington or Jets against Dolphins. Which one is the question???

Thoughts on Greg Zuerlein?  3 duds in a row.  I don't see him as a reliable kicker like he has been in the past, especially with LA offense in disarray.  Yet all the rankings have him as a top 5 kicker.  Am I missing something?

21 hours ago, Dead Money said:

Is 49ers D now worth dropping? They got a string of tough opponents that can score on them going forward into the critical playoff time

Coming back to this, I was able to move on from SF to Bal in both my leagues without too much trouble.

Those SF matchups the next 3 weeks are just horrible with GB, Bal and NO.  I wouldn't feel too confident with those although I'd probably go with them over run of the mill defenses that have been terrible all year.

Loving Baltimore the rest of the way.  The Rams matchup isn't ideal but they can get after Goff.  Loving week 14 against the Bills and Week 15 against the Jets.  And Week 16 against the Browns isn't too bad.

12 hours ago, 4Ring said:

They've recorded 11 sacks over the last 2 games. They've had 7 all year. Something is clicking in that Defense and I want some of it.

I can't help but wonder if it's temporary.

There are no fundamental changes in personnel from earlier on in the year.  They've come out of the bye week looking like a completely different unit, but outside of Jarrett, Beasley and maybe Takk McKinley or Trufant their depth chart doesn't make the improvement look sustainable on paper.

Anyone starting Ravens this week vs Rams? Ravens look like their on a mission and I wasn't too impressed with the Rams last game

Anyone starting Ravens this week vs Rams? Ravens look like their on a mission and I wasn't too impressed with the Rams last game

19 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I can't help but wonder if it's temporary.

There are no fundamental changes in personnel from earlier on in the year.  They've come out of the bye week looking like a completely different unit, but outside of Jarrett, Beasley and maybe Takk McKinley or Trufant their depth chart doesn't make the improvement look sustainable on paper.

I think I read something about them shuffling up the defensive coaching staff after the bye

Just now, yanksman said:

I think I read something about them shuffling up the defensive coaching staff after the bye

Yeah, it appears Quinn has given playcalling duties to Morris.

Still, although you have to respect Jarrett and Beasley, everyone had Trufant as totally cooked, and no one else in the secondary scares you.

I have to wonder if they came out of the bye week firing and how long that lasts.  Riding the hot hand here seems like a scary proposition this time of year.

Falcons over Steelers this week ???

I love riding the hot hand until the wheels fall off..

It feel off for Pitt last week...Tuff choice

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Thoughts on Greg Zuerlein?  3 duds in a row.  I don't see him as a reliable kicker like he has been in the past, especially with LA offense in disarray.  Yet all the rankings have him as a top 5 kicker.  Am I missing something?

Greg the Leg !! . starting with confidence ROS . He's the only kicker who deserves a long leash . Rams won't be playing this bad moving forward . 

Edited by RunCMC

7 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Greg the Leg !! . starting with confidence ROS . He's the only kicker who deserves a long leash . Rams won't be playing this bad moving forward . 

And on what basis do you say that other than from an LA homer opinion?  Goff is awful.  And remaining schedule is Ravens, Cardinals, Seahawks, Cowboys, and Niners.  That's 4 tough games.

anyone rolling with denver this week against buffalo?  all i had to choose from was them or tenn and i feel allen is somewhat turnover prone.