Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

43 minutes ago, CooL said:

And on what basis do you say that other than from an LA homer opinion?  Goff is awful.  And remaining schedule is Ravens, Cardinals, Seahawks, Cowboys, and Niners.  That's 4 tough games.

4 tough games where they'll be kicking alot of field goals , instead of scoring touchdowns .  But by all means drop him & stream a kicker .

8 hours ago, Mr_Baller said:

Was able to pick up the Saints and the Eagles.

My plan is to have the Saints against the Panthers this week.

For Week 13-15 the Eagles: MIA, NYG, WAS

Week 16: Saints vs. TEN

Any thoughts on that?

I like the Saints ROS, Eagles have a very bad secondary and will get scored on.

Can’t go wrong with Atlanta or Oakland. I’m starting Atlanta because I’m also starting Winston. 

2 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Can’t go wrong with Atlanta or Oakland. I’m starting Atlanta because I’m also starting Winston. 

Currently have OAK rostered from last week but the trip across to the east coast and the 1pm start time concerns me a bit

1 hour ago, BakedGhost said:

Currently have OAK rostered from last week but the trip across to the east coast and the 1pm start time concerns me a bit

Me too. Although most other decent streaming options got picked up already, so it's ride or die for me. It's not like TEN or JAX are any safer.

Cant decided between GB or Eagles as my 2nd DST. Have Saints. Eagles get Wash week 15 while GB gets the Bears

Dropped Rams...love the defense but tough matchups. Maybe grab again next week

Had to choose between Detroit, ATL or TN.

Went Detroit based on best matchup. Like ATL and a Dirty Bird fan...but cant trust...yet

12 hours ago, CooL said:

Thoughts on Greg Zuerlein?  3 duds in a row.  I don't see him as a reliable kicker like he has been in the past, especially with LA offense in disarray.  Yet all the rankings have him as a top 5 kicker.  Am I missing something?

Unfortunately I've been wondering the same thing. I have absolutely no confidence in him this week. The Ravens could blow them out which would mean we'd likely be looking at sub 5 points. He still has the big leg, but this is no longer an explosive offense. 

Thinking about dropping Slye? Has only missed one FG past 4 games but only has kicked 5 total.... Thought about Koo but was snatched up... Elliot available with favorable matchups coming up?..

• Like 1

I still like Lambo. Guy was awesome before the bye then he had a bye and only 2 XP last game so everyone has forgotten about him. He missed his first FG last week and has a strong schedule coming up.

6 hours ago, Stangs02 said:

Thinking about dropping Slye? Has only missed one FG past 4 games but only has kicked 5 total.... Thought about Koo but was snatched up... Elliot available with favorable matchups coming up?..

Thinking about dropping Slye for Elliott

or getting Maher from Dallas

6 hours ago, Stangs02 said:

Thought about dropping for Koo as well but he got picked up on waivers. Holding Slye this week then going to try to grab Zane or Badgley off their bye. Saints DST is stingy but hopefully CMC gets them in range and Rivera stops going for it lol 

13 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Cant decided between GB or Eagles as my 2nd DST. Have Saints. Eagles get Wash week 15 while GB gets the Bears

My philosophy is that if you have a bad run defense, teams will game plan to run against you.  Betting on the Pack is betting that the offense will score so many points that running won't be an option - seems possible, but less likely than the Eagles making these bad teams abandon the run because it's not successful and forcing at least sacks if not turnovers.

Plus it looks like their secondary is getting healthier.  The Pack can't really "fix" the run defense because it's a function of their five down lineman scheme.

5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

My philosophy is that if you have a bad run defense, teams will game plan to run against you.  Betting on the Pack is betting that the offense will score so many points that running won't be an option - seems possible, but less likely than the Eagles making these bad teams abandon the run because it's not successful and forcing at least sacks if not turnovers.

Plus it looks like their secondary is getting healthier.  The Pack can't really "fix" the run defense because it's a function of their five down lineman scheme.

yeah I went with the Eagles this morning. It's really splitting hairs but I like the Washington matchup week 15 

• Like 1

Sea hawks or falcons this week?

I really need a defense for week 13 to get into the playoffs, and I'm torn between Philly @ MIA, GB @ NYG, or Carolina vs. WASH

Edited by Cord

On 11/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, squidthunder said:

Anyone starting Ravens this week vs Rams? Ravens look like their on a mission and I wasn't too impressed with the Rams last game

I've got Steelers vs Cincy in the league that I also own the Ravens, BUT it is tempting...

Pitts a must start, right?   Feel like I’m overthinking it but after last week and and even worse offense, I’m a little nervous.  

SF v GB or

NO v CAR

I already have GB locked up for weeks 13,14,15. 

Looking to fill out this week cuz I cant fully trust SF v GB. Rodgers has been sacked 10 times in the last 3 games but he still doesn't turn it over.