Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

5 hours ago, The Answer said:

Pitts a must start, right?   Feel like I’m overthinking it but after last week and and even worse offense, I’m a little nervous.  

Im going Atlanta over Pitt this week.

Think Pitts offense being in such shambles theres going be a lot of 3 and outs which wouldn't bode well for their dst imo

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Im going Atlanta over Pitt this week.

Think Pitts offense being in such shambles theres going be a lot of 3 and outs which wouldn't bode well for their dst imo

More possessions for Cincinnati which means more chances for sacks and pick 6's!! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GoBlue41 said:

More possessions for Cincinnati which means more chances for sacks and pick 6's!! 

Agreed, but I see a 9-7 game coming and a pedistrian dst of 7-9 points for either dst in this one..

Wait and see for me with Pitts dst..Last week they were absolutely awful...

Atlanta, since the defensive coordinator change at their bye, have looked like top 5 dst ROS...Gotta play the hot hand till it fizzles out, not to mention their home and against Winston, who hands out turnovers like it's candy on Halloween.. 

Edited by Sean Tambo

pitt...no brainer...cmon...great d vs cincy. Falcons could easily go back to being the falcons.

Edited by David Aames

Next week: 

Chicago D @ DET

or

Carolina D vs. WAS

If Carolina is good enough for next week, I can probably get rid of Chicago given there brutal schedule weeks 14-16 with Dal, GB, KC. Then stream D's in those weeks. 

16 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Picked up Browns for this week against MIA.  But second guessing playing them over the Ravens D, who've been on fire.  Who would y'all go with?

I think the ravens. Cleveland will be down Garrett who is the anchor to that squad 

17 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Picked up Browns for this week against MIA.  But second guessing playing them over the Ravens D, who've been on fire.  Who would y'all go with?

As Nyblazer11235 said, Garrett's absence is huge.  Also, Olivier Vernon and Ogunjobi are out, and maybe Schobert.  Who knows, maybe they rally the troops, but the Ravens are too hot to sit.

CIN LT Cordy Glenn gets his first start of the season, so downgrade PIT a tad.

Are 49er DST owners looking at other options for the final stretch? Can’t drop them of curse but I’m looking to pair them up with either Cowboys or Falcons. 

On 10/13/2019 at 11:46 PM, Ddam2013 said:

I know the Jets have the patriots on Monday next week but after their schedule is almost set and forget (pretty similar to NE’s start of the year schedule). They get: @JAX, @MIA, NYG, @WAS, OAK, @CIN, MIA. That’s 7 plus matchups for streaming purposes and hopefully they get Mosley back soon because this team played so much better with him in week 1.

2 weeks left to go, who would have thought 8 weeks ago that the Jets would be leading my teams to the playoffs

11 hours ago, bigboyish said:

Do you guys trust the Bills ROS?

I am hoping someone else chimes in.   I have the Bills but hate the rest of their schedule.   I picked up Green Bay because of the NYG, Skins, Chicago matchups and am currently sitting with the two of these defenses.

17 hours ago, bigboyish said:

Not for most of the games, but they get a pretty nice matchup against PIT week 15. 

5 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Anyone worried about PITT this week? Crap offense could give the Browns alot of short fields

A little. I'm between them and the Rams @ ARI, but leaning towards the Steelers. 

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, bigboyish said:

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:37 AM, smash10033 said:

I am hoping someone else chimes in.   I have the Bills but hate the rest of their schedule.   I picked up Green Bay because of the NYG, Skins, Chicago matchups and am currently sitting with the two of these defenses.

The Bills only viable play is week 15 @ Pittsburgh, other than that the matchups are brutal ROS. 

They are also a better real life defense than fantasy, they break up a lot of plays and keep the score low. They aren't forcing many fumbles at all and only have a few interceptions on the year. They only have one special teams TD on the year and no defensive TDs.

I also stashed Green Bay for their schedule and will be using them week 15 vs Chicago so Bills might end up being dropped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These are the top available defenses in my league for this week.

Eagles DEF @ Miami

Carolina DEF vs Washington

Jets DEF @ Cincinnati

May put a Waiver claim on Carolina or Eagles

On 11/25/2019 at 7:37 AM, smash10033 said:

I’m dropping them for Carolina. 

Anyone still sticking with the Ravens this week? I'm getting mixed feelings from various sources on where to grade them

2 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Anyone still sticking with the Ravens this week? I'm getting mixed feelings from various sources on where to grade them

I'd be fine with them if I had them, but would also considering waivering Philly or Carolina if I had the room.

Hey all - PIT vs CLE or CAR vs WAS this week? How close is it? Deciding if I need to add Carolina or not. Thanks!

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:27 AM, vthokie3 said:

Anyone worried about PITT this week? Crap offense could give the Browns alot of short fields

I can't trust Pittsburgh anymore.  It was a good ride, but their offensive shortcomings will lead to too much time of possession for the opponent, short fields, etc.  Rudolph was awful.  I'm not expecting much better with Hodges.  Plus Baker and the Browns were on fire last week.  I think the Browns offense is starting to gel by simplifying the usage pattern (Chubb, Odell, Landry, and that's it), and they're no longer the easy out that they were at the beginning of the season.  It's hard to give up on Pitts D because they are the third highest scoring defense in my league, but in must win mode, can't afford a dud this week.

5 hours ago, HTXMade said:

These are the top available defenses in my league for this week.

Eagles DEF @ Miami

Carolina DEF vs Washington

Jets DEF @ Cincinnati

May put a Waiver claim on Carolina or Eagles

I'd rank them Jets, Eagles, then Panthers.  Jets (@Cincy, Miami, Baltimore) are only a play for the next two weeks.  Philly (@Mia, NYG, @Wash) are a good play for three weeks.  I like starting off the playoffs in week 14 against Miami rather than Giants.

• Like 1

Picked up the Ravens D about 3 weeks ago.. should I keep riding them for this week vs San Fran or should I pick up another D for the week off waivers? 

Best Ds on waiver

Cowboys vs Buf

Panthers vs Wash

Vikings @ Sea

4 hours ago, Stangs02 said:

Picked up the Ravens D about 3 weeks ago.. should I keep riding them for this week vs San Fran or should I pick up another D for the week off waivers? 

Best Ds on waiver

Cowboys vs Buf

Panthers vs Wash

Vikings @ Sea

Ravens at home No Doubt