Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

9 hours ago, Stangs02 said:

Picked up the Ravens D about 3 weeks ago.. should I keep riding them for this week vs San Fran or should I pick up another D for the week off waivers? 

Best Ds on waiver

Cowboys vs Buf

Panthers vs Wash

Vikings @ Sea

This is a easy call. I would not play the raven D against the 49ers. You have a great matchup right in front of you with the panthers against the redskins. Pick them up and try to hold onto the ravens for week 15.

10 minutes ago, bosny said:

I have Carolina (vs Wash) or Green Bay (@NYG)

Who would you start?

Carolina, but GB is a nice 2 week option if week 14 matters as much/more as this week. 

The more I think about it, are the Steelers bordering droppable territory? I can see them having troubles with Zona and Buffalo and then they get jets who all of a sudden are hot weeks 16 in the meadowlands. 

12 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

Ravens at home No Doubt 

I'm also not averse to the Ravens at home.  Yeah, the 49ers have been good.  But that offense still feels like a little bit of a mirage to me and I think they're more a product of their defense being able to always hold teams down letting them play very conservatively.  Not sure they hold the Ravens down which could take the offense out of it's comfort zone.

I have been flipping between the Ravens and Steelers in one league and not sure I want to keep holding two defenses.  I have a Week 14 bye locked up in that league so I'm purely looking at Week 15 and Week 16.  It's the Ravens for sure in Week 15....although the Jets are tricky as most of the points they allowed to defenses was when Darnold was out.

Which is why I don't know if I want to keep the Steelers around for Week 16.  The Jets looks like a decent matchup on paper but it's on the road and the Jets are playing much better.  This week against the Browns also isn't as good as it looks.  And Week 14 at Arizona could be a little tough too.  Even the Bills Week 15 are playing better.  Those three matchups seemed like cake matchups a month ago but not so sure now.

Basically just need to decide if the Steelers are worth holding for that Week 16 matchup or if I toss them out and let my opponents grab them....Because they'll surely be picked up.

3 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

The more I think about it, are the Steelers bordering droppable territory? I can see them having troubles with Zona and Buffalo and then they get jets who all of a sudden are hot weeks 16 in the meadowlands. 

Just posted above but debating the same thing.  I'd only be holding them right now for that Week 16 matchup and not sure that is really a slam dunk matchup anymore based upon how the Jets are playing the past month or so.  We might be better off just streaming like the Giants against the Skins that week.

Although, the other reason I'd hold them is just to keep them away from my opponents as I'd bet they will surely be picked up.  So good chance I could be facing them in Week 15 or Week 16 if I make it.

4 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

How concerned are we about the Steelers and their week 14 matchup against Kyler and the Redbirds? Are they startable or a fade?

I think they're a definite fade that week.  The 49ers defense is better than the Steelers IMO and they didn't do much against the Cardinals in two games outside of that fluke TD on the last play of the last game.

Steelers (home vs Browns)

Chargers (at Denver)

Packers (at Giants)

Whose the best option this week?

37 minutes ago, Rod6874 said:

Steelers (home vs Browns)

Chargers (at Denver)

Packers (at Giants)

Whose the best option this week?

I'd probably go Chargers there just because I think the Broncos have the weakest offense of that group.

5 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

How concerned are we about the Steelers and their week 14 matchup against Kyler and the Redbirds? Are they startable or a fade?

5 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I dumped the Steelers.  I'd be concerned about the week 13 matchup against suddenly hot Baker and the Browns.  Cardinals are no gimme and could see a lot of points.  And Buffalo is a decent team.  Plus week 16, the Jets are no longer a doormat since Darnold exorcised his ghosts.  The main issue is that they're starting their third string QB who likely isn't better than the poser Mason Rudolph.  So bad game scripts.  Certainly they are a talented bunch, but there's only so long you can be on the field before you get tired and start to give up yards and therefore points.

Too many good streaming options this week to roll with the Steelers.  I'm not even holding them. 

• Haha 1

I think a couple of low ownership squads that could come up big throughout the playoffs are

Kc @new England (offense has been crappy) vs Denver and then @ Chicago in playoffs 

Houston vs Denver, @ tenn, @ Tampa bay 

17 minutes ago, OdellBaconJr said:

Steelers vs Cle or Baltimore vs SF ??

I like Balt...think CLE Offense is starting to click some.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bosny said:

Carolina vs Wash or GB@ NYG?

Carolina Panthers

Edited by RunCMC

1 hour ago, OdellBaconJr said:

Steelers vs Cle or Baltimore vs SF ??

Debating the same exact thing as I've been riding the Steelers and Ravens in one league most of the season.

I'm starting to sour a bit on the Steelers though.  The offense is bad....But it's been bad all year so not sure that's my main concern.  I just think that many of their matchups that looked great awhile ago aren't looking so great now.  I mean, the Browns are playing much better lately....So are the Cardinals (Week 14), Bills (15) and Jets (16).  Those seemed like slam dunk matchups a month ago but not sure anymore.  Them playing better combined with a Steelers offense that's terrible just doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

I think I'm rolling with the Ravens the rest of the way.  They're just playing well and can get teams out of their comfort zones.  I think they can have some success defensively against the 49ers and that the 49ers offense is more a product of their great defense dictating games.  And not sure they'll be able to dictate the game this week which could force Jimmy G into some turnovers. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Debating the same exact thing as I've been riding the Steelers and Ravens in one league most of the season.

I'm starting to sour a bit on the Steelers though.  The offense is bad....But it's been bad all year so not sure that's my main concern.  I just think that many of their matchups that looked great awhile ago aren't looking so great now.  I mean, the Browns are playing much better lately....So are the Cardinals (Week 14), Bills (15) and Jets (16).  Those seemed like slam dunk matchups a month ago but not sure anymore.  Them playing better combined with a Steelers offense that's terrible just doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

I think I'm rolling with the Ravens the rest of the way.  They're just playing well and can get teams out of their comfort zones.  I think they can have some success defensively against the 49ers and that the 49ers offense is more a product of their great defense dictating games.  And not sure they'll be able to dictate the game this week which could force Jimmy G into some turnovers. 

I dropped them in one league for Philly that was sitting on the wire. 

As good as they've been they didn't have a monster performance against terrible cincy, and as you pointed out that ROS schedule that seemed so juicy isn't that appetizing anymore. I think it's bold, but the key to winning is making those bold decisions based off what trends you anticipate. I am actually debating dropping them for NYG in one league I have the bye locked up in. Giants have Miami and Washington weeks 15-16