Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

Jets vs Dolphins

Texans vs Broncos

Bucs vs Colts

Titans at Raiders

Planned on the Jets til what I saw Sunday. Tampa's D surprisingly has put up points this year. And the Titans have the past month or so. Then you figure Houston will be up and force Lock to throw a lot. 

8 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Said it last week I’ll say it again, KC is a solid sneaky grab that could be a league winner down the stretch especially for those with a bye. This week it might be dicey but we’ve seen New England struggle offensively. After that Denver and Chicago 

i'm doing this too in one league where i'm fortunate enough not to have to care about winning this week. Week 15 vs Denver then week 16 vs Chicago is juicy. So far this season this defense usually puts up a lot of points vs bad teams. 

6 hours ago, herschel said:

Philly vs NYG

Hou vs Den

Indy at TB

Tenn at Oak

Who ya like??

I like Philly. I expect them to rebound and they’re way better at home. Fantasy is a week to week game and it’s not like we have trends of touches/snaps etc like position players. 

3 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I can’t decide Green Bay vs Haskins or Minnesota vs Blough 

GB in my opinion.

i have troubles with Decision Jets vs Miami or Niners vs Saints. I‘d play GB if i had them 

• Like 1

A lot of people are liking Houston versus Denver this week, but I think it might be a trap game. Watching the Denver and SD game last week, Denver did a good job on defense bottling up Rivers and company allowing Lock to play within game script. At this point in their careers, Watson is far superior than Rivers, but Denver could put pressure on that Houston front. I could see a similar game where Houston should win, but Denver is still able to keep it somewhat close and protect Lock from turnovers. In my scoring, the Houston defense hasn't produced anything over the last 7 weeks (exception was Jacksonville - week 9)

Which brings me to my surprise pick of the week - Tampa Bay

TB defense has been on fire the last two weeks registering 11 sacks and 6 TO's. They play an Indy team whose scored 17 or less points three out of their last four games and will be without Mack, Ebron and likely Hilton.

The only downside is the propensity for Winston to put his defense in bad spots, but I like a hot defense that could be potentially going against a subpar offense that will be chasing points.

Why are we not starting Tampa again? lol

Edited by nonstopfan

12 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

A lot of people are liking Houston versus Denver this week, but I think it might be a trap game. Watching the Denver and SD game last week, Denver did a good job on defense bottling up Rivers and company allowing Lock to play within game script. At this point in their careers, Watson is far superior than Rivers, but Denver could put pressure on that Houston front. I could see a similar game where Houston should win, but Denver is still able to keep it somewhat close and protect Lock from turnovers. In my scoring, the Houston defense hasn't produced anything over the last 7 weeks (exception was Jacksonville - week 9)

TB defense has been on fire the last two weeks registering 11 sacks and 6 TO's. They play an Indy team whose scored 17 or less points three out of their last four games and will be without Mack, Ebron and likely Hilton.

The only downside is the propensity for Winston to put his defense in bad spots, but I like a hot defense that could be potentially going against a subpar offense that will be chasing points.

Because Indy has the best offensive line in football and a QB who doesn't make mistakes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thegoodback said:

GB in my opinion.

i have troubles with Decision Jets vs Miami or Niners vs Saints. I‘d play GB if i had them 

Thats a tough one. Looks like Jamal Adams is out so Id take SF. I actually think the Fitz/Parker connection goes big once again due to that.

For Week 14:

Team 1: Philly or Pittsburgh?

Team 2: Philly or Minnesota?

Can Philly be trusted anymore????

9 hours ago, aapox said:

I like Philly. I expect them to rebound and they’re way better at home. Fantasy is a week to week game and it’s not like we have trends of touches/snaps etc like position players. 

Eli starting for the Giants. Assuming that only makes the Eagles a better start?

Just now, herschel said:

Eli starting for the Giants. Assuming that only makes the Eagles a better start?

I think it makes them safer. But they have more upside with Jones starting.

10 minutes ago, herschel said:

Worse much worse. Jones was a turnover machine. Eli has been checkdown Charlie game manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Worse much worse. Jones was a turnover machine. Eli has been checkdown Charlie game manager.

Agree, I was deciding between 

Philly vs. NYG or

Pitt vs. Arizona

I was probably leaning Pittsburgh anyway...more playmakers and a higher chance of sacks/turnovers. But now I think this Eli move actually makes me lean even more towards starting the Steelers.

41 minutes ago, mtx said:

For Week 14:

Team 1: Philly or Pittsburgh?

Team 2: Philly or Minnesota?

Can Philly be trusted anymore????

Jesus I thought the Eli comments were a joke......

So I should really drop Philly DEF now........

In yet another wild turn, the Giants could have their full complement of offensive weapons on the field for the first time Monday. Both tight end Evan Engram (foot) and wide receiver Golden Tate (concussion) are trending upward with the chance that they could join Barkley and Sterling Shepard in the lineup.

Eli, Engram, Tate back...not as sure on Philly this week but still like them for WAS next week

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

You could argue there will be less interceptions from NYG and a lot more sacks given up, Eli is a statue out there.

5 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

You could argue there will be less interceptions from NYG and a lot more sacks given up, Eli is a statue out there.

Agreed , Eli is alot less mobile than Jones .....so I could definitely see that happening. Also he hasn't played in a real live game for awhile now . Yes he's a vet , but he could be hella rusty first game back 

14 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

Mack was back at practice today.  Hilton might come back and play before the year is over, so he's likely out.  The game's in Tampa, so the the homefield advatage might be big.  Watch the weather report, if its hot, it will greatly favor the home team.  I remember reading the Miami Dolphins have one of the best homefield advatages because the sun shines on the visiting bench all day (the home team gets the shade), so on a hot day that really takes a toll on the visiting team.

31 minutes ago, KING 3 said:

I’m playing Houston over Philly 

Don’t do it 

Philly D will show up this week , trust 

I guess there is no Kicker thread anymore.

How does everyone feel about McManus this week? Indoor game in Houston.

I'm also thinking of sticking with Badgley, but I am not pleased with the misses. Has missed a FG in 3 of 4 games this season.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

I guess there is no Kicker thread anymore.

How does everyone feel about McManus this week? Indoor game in Houston.

I'm also thinking of sticking with Badgley, but I am not pleased with the misses. Has missed a FG in 3 of 4 games this season.

Badgley for sure , I’m starting him also and throughout playoffs