Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

I have a few defenses to pick from but no good options.

Colts, Redskins, Bills, Falcons. 

Originally I went Colts but now I'm leaning towards Redskins. I also have McCaffrey so I'm not sure I want to start Colts since TDs would get offset. 

Washington vs Giants
or

49ers vs Rams

That’s the decision I have for my championship game lol. Thank god we are dropping d/kickers after this year.

Edited by Yanksfan06

48 minutes ago, Merv09 said:

Denver Defense?

Or

Seattle Defense?

Think you gotta go Denver here. I am- Lions are implied 16 pts and we give a bit more favorability to fantasy defense that hold offenses to low points.

Seattle will be fine but IDK- their defense just isn't very good and Kyler is up and down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yanksfan06 said:

Washington vs Giants
or

49ers vs Rams

That’s the decision I have for my championship game lol. Thank god we are dropping d/kickers after this year.

Think you still roll with the 49ers - Redskins Giants has a sneaky shootout to it

1 hour ago, sadlyajetsfan said:

I have a few defenses to pick from but no good options.

Colts, Redskins, Bills, Falcons. 

Originally I went Colts but now I'm leaning towards Redskins. I also have McCaffrey so I'm not sure I want to start Colts since TDs would get offset. 

Colts has a huge variety of out comes if you feel they will boom, then pick them. I do think Falcons are a good second best at home, or even best out of here. Bills should be OK too since the Pats can't do anything on O. Redskins I think I'm out.

KC D/ST at CHI

SEA D/ST home v ARI

?? Any strong leans here, this particular points system skews heavier towards PA and yardage allowed as well.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

KC D/ST at CHI

SEA D/ST home v ARI

?? Any strong leans here, this particular points system skews heavier towards PA and yardage allowed as well.

Basically all things even here. Think Chicago can get more yardage but less points than the Cards. 

Niners Kicker vs Charger Kicker? 

Niners Def or Denver Defense? 

Edited by Jay85

4 hours ago, Jay85 said:

Niners Kicker vs Charger Kicker? 

Niners Def or Denver Defense? 

No idea on kickers, they drive me crazy haha

I'd go Denver. I know the Rams are struggling but Denver at home vs Blough is hard to pass up.

34 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Decision betweek Broncos vs. Lions or Colts vs. Panthers ....

Broncos. Much rather face Blough than CMC, DJ Moore, and Samuel. I'd be surprised if Grier is worse than Blough

• Thanks 1

Pittsburgh @ NYJ

or

Denver vs. DET

Both great options, but which one should I start? At this point I'm sticking with Pittsburgh. They got me here. Should I change? 

1 hour ago, GoBlue41 said:

Pittsburgh @ NYJ

or

Denver vs. DET

Both great options, but which one should I start? At this point I'm sticking with Pittsburgh. They got me here. Should I change? 

Man, this is exactly what I have. and I grabbed Indy to block. Right now I have Pittsburgh, because I'm a steelers fan and they are considerably the better defense. However, Blough, at home, looked bad against Tampa. Now he has to go on the cold road to Denver? Ugh. Meanwhile, Darnold actually looked competent against Baltimore on the road and now comes home where he's traditionally played better. I might have to change to Denver. I just worry that their D just isn't quite good enough to cash in.

Indy could be down their top CB Moore (again) this week, Hooker also left last week with a hand injury and has yet to practice this week. Also key defensive lineman Autry suffered a concussion last week and is in the protocol. Streaming defenses is always a crap shoot week-to-week, but I def am not seeing the appeal here. A pivot over to Atl or Den, shoot maybe even LAC has more upside imo.

I have Bills (against Pats) and Jets  (against Steelers) for D. I wasn't able to get Broncos D off waivers due to a team picking them up that didn't even make the playoffs. But Colts D is available. Should I try them over Bills or Jets?

On 12/18/2019 at 1:22 PM, Merv09 said:

Denver Defense?

Or

Seattle Defense?

Same question but throw in the Jets as well.

20 hours ago, GoBlue41 said:

Pittsburgh @ NYJ

or

Denver vs. DET

As of now I have the Steelers in, but I'm leaning towards switching to Denver. 

Denver vs DET (matchup play)

or

Baltimore @ CLE (better overall DST - but got smoked in a weird game last time they met)

1 hour ago, mhavens said:

Denver vs DET (matchup play)

or

Baltimore @ CLE (better overall DST - but got smoked in a weird game last time they met)

Denver is the safer pick. Ravens probably have a higher ceiling though

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Denver is the safer pick. Ravens probably have a higher ceiling though

Agreed, baltimore has a better offense than denver and will probably force Cleveland to throw which can cause more picks and sacks on a nonmobile qb like baker. However, obdj, landry, chubb, hunt njoku scare me. 

Detroit will probably have a hard time scoring and will probably run the ball a lot and so will denver. Denver would probably be happy with a 17-7 win.

I would go with denver and if your losing from Saturday, Baltimore.

Myers seattle home vs. Arizona

Or

McManus home vs. Detriot.

Perfect weather for both games, no rain, temps in 50s, 5 mph winds.

McManus-

Denver should kill Detroit and with high altitude, McManus could bomb 50 yd fgs. Denver could force blough into short fields with sacks and ints, leading to more opportunities. However, denvers offense is not great and this could lead to stalled drives and less chances.

Myers- Must win heavy favorites.Plays with a great qb with great weapons should move the ball up and down the field. Yet this could lead to xps instead of fgs. Plus with kirk and their mobile qb this could extend Arizonas drives. Plus they lost many starters in defense. I also think that seattle goes for it on 4th alot. 

Thoughts?