Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

1 hour ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

I've been wrong a million times before, I just don't have a good feeling about the Panthers defense. Part of it is probably because they play tonight and if they get me like 3 points it'll put me in a real crappy mood for 3 days lol...kind of want to drop them for either the Titans or 49ers. 

Just as a counter, if the panthers end up scoring around 15 points and you dont use them you'd feel just as bad for 3 days wouldnt you? :)

Go with your gut though, I'm using Panthers over Bills, cowboys, & browns this week. At the very least I'll have some investment in the TNF game to make the game more interesting to watch!

How do people feel about KC's defense vs. the Raiders this week?  Mahomes should light up the Raiders even without Tyreek Hill and the Raiders should be playing catch-up for most of the game which could lead to a lot of sacks and turnovers from Derek Carr.

2 hours ago, Cord said:

Agree on Houston. Also not sure if I trust Cleveland after last week. Tried to grab the Patriots but I'm settling for the Bills this week (over the Panthers and Browns, which are both available). 

Cleveland actually sacked Mariotta 4 times in the game and the 43 points allowed was a little misleading because 9 came on an INT TD & safety and Mayfield through 2 more picks in their own territory leading to short fields. So I was gonna give them another chance regardless. With Darnold out and possibly Bell hurt they are a no-brainer.

• Like 1

Just now, yanksman said:

Cleveland actually sacked Mariotta 4 times in the game and the 43 points allowed was a little misleading because 9 came on an INT TD & safety and Mayfield through 2 more picks in their own territory leading to short fields. So I was gonna give them another chance regardless. With Darnold out and possibly Bell hurt they are a no-brainer.

Ah, thanks for that context. Well then, I may end up going Browns myself! 

2 hours ago, Cord said:

Ah, thanks for that context. Well then, I may end up going Browns myself! 

Just dropped the Browns for Carolina two nights ago.  Now that Darnold us hurt, thinking about picking them back up and getting Carolina out before tonight.  Jameis was such a tire fire last week though.

1 hour ago, Tugginroot said:

Just dropped the Browns for Carolina two nights ago.  Now that Darnold us hurt, thinking about picking them back up and getting Carolina out before tonight.  Jameis was such a tire fire last week though.

Tough spot unless you know for certain you can get CLE back.

• Like 1

I don't feel good about Carolina tonight

4 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I don't feel good about Carolina tonight

The game is in Carolina so the Panthers should be amped up for their first home game and the crowd will likely be very loud.  The Panthers defense should be a good play tonight against Winston.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

The game is in Carolina so the Panthers should be amped up for their first home game and the crowd will likely be very loud.  The Panthers defense should be a good play tonight against Winston.

Ok at first i thought it was in Tampa lol

Im trying to decide between Cleveland and Houston this week..

Houston held Saints to 30 pts and had a sack and interception... Im sure if they can do that to them, no telling what may happen against JAX

On the other side..

Clevelands stats werent bad last week on D.. The Browns offense is what was costing the D issues.. 

Who you got?

10 minutes ago, mlrush said:

Im trying to decide between Cleveland and Houston this week..

Houston held Saints to 30 pts and had a sack and interception... Im sure if they can do that to them, no telling what may happen against JAX

On the other side..

Clevelands stats werent bad last week on D.. The Browns offense is what was costing the D issues.. 

Who you got?

Browns

Carolina had only 6 pts against TB, and could've easily been 4 pts without the flukey safety.  This makes me believe more in SF's performance in week 1 against TB.  So i feel comfortable picking SF up to start wk 2 against Cin.

To consolidate all the prior discussion, with the added news of Darnold being out, since there seems to be a good number of decent options widely available:

How would we rank the following? I have my ranks in order below:

Cleveland @ NYJ

Buffalo @ NYG

Denver vs. Chicago

SF @ Cincy

Vikes or cowboys.

I've gone back n forth on these two. Better ros? Better these week? Went the wrong way week one now I'm lost in the sauce on my next move. Is cincy worth throwing in the mic?

2 hours ago, rshaas said:

Vikes or cowboys.

I've gone back n forth on these two. Better ros? Better these week? Went the wrong way week one now I'm lost in the sauce on my next move. Is cincy worth throwing in the mic?

I would go Vikes, no question.

3 hours ago, GeoffByrne said:

Got the Saints but looking to go elsewhere this week due to obvious reasons:

Who do I grab?

Titans or 49ers

Think I would go Titans, also deciding Titans or Browns

2 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

Think I would go Titans, also deciding Titans or Browns

I dropped TEN for Browns, because Trevor Siemian 😉

• Like 1

Anyone has thoughts on the 49ers as a potential ROS set and forget defense?

With the addition of Dee Ford, Bosa, Kwon and Verrett they looked to have shored up their defensive deficiencies and they looked great against TB. They seem to have legit play makers that could rack up defensive points even if the score goes up.

Obviously it can be argued that TB made them look good but it's all about trying to stay ahead of the curve in finding the next great defense.

9 hours ago, Espoiral said:

Anyone has thoughts on the 49ers as a potential ROS set and forget defense?

With the addition of Dee Ford, Bosa, Kwon and Verrett they looked to have shored up their defensive deficiencies and they looked great against TB. They seem to have legit play makers that could rack up defensive points even if the score goes up.

Obviously it can be argued that TB made them look good but it's all about trying to stay ahead of the curve in finding the next great defense.

Im playing them against the bengals, a couple of the bengal scores were fluky, especially one where it should of been picked by the safety. However a couple of the bengals turn overs where veey questionable and the bengal offense looked good. Not sure if mixon being out is a good thing could be more throwing which could lead to points or sacks.

36 minutes ago, Swedriguez said:

49ers upcoming schedule is Pitt Bye Browns Rams...

That's definitely not an easy schedule.

Ravens or Browns for tomarrow? Im reading the ravens lost a few starters in their secondary..and the with the jets starting simeon and bell banged up im thinking about dropping bal for cle

I could see the Jets coming out with a super conservative gameplan with Simeon, put him in super game manager mode. Meaning not a lot of opportunities for big plays and turnovers for the Browns. Still a good play.

• Thanks 1