Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

I think the Bucs may end up being one of the more consistent and better defenses this season. Two weeks in the books now and Bowles' defense looks legit. They are aggressive getting after the QB with sacks and forcing the QB to make mistakes. Could be even better when JPP is healthy enough to play. And if Arians' offense and Winston improve it would only help the defense even more. And also a healthy Devin White.

Weird saying it after so many years, but the Bucs defense appears to be back.

Leagues that do not count PA or YA unless under 3 PA allowed, who would you favor this week as a sleeper (other than one of the top 8 DST that are owned)?

On 9/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, nmartinez12443 said:

Who keeps def all year?

When you have an elite one it is worth keeping one all season. The Bears last season for example. Jags two seasons ago.

Looking ahead to week 3 at a couple streamer defenses, who do you guys like out of these options?

SF at home vs. PIT with Mason Rudolph at QB

SEA at home vs. NO with Teddy Bridgewater at QB

TB at home vs. NYG

43 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Looking ahead to week 3 at a couple streamer defenses, who do you guys like out of these options?

TB at home vs. NYG

I would pick SF out of those three. Isn't Connor a bit banged up too? Could see a shell of the Steelers that started week one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeeze said:

TB at home vs. NYG

Will the NYG roll out Eli or Damon?

7 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

Will the NYG roll out Eli or Damon?

Daniel? Sounds like it will still be Eli.

Is $7 bid on a mediocre defense to much? I feel like it is, but I'm throwing $7 dollars out there on the Chargers defense. My plan is to use them for back to back weeks. 

What are thinking of Packers and Titans D ROS , are they really legit .  Or who do you like more for their respective week 3 matchups ?

Packers vs DEN

Titans @ JAX     

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

What are thinking of Packers and Titans D ROS , are they really legit .  Or who do you like more for their respective week 3 matchups ?

Packers vs DEN

Titans @ JAX     

titans for sure, plus if ramsey is traded better for titans to control the clock. 

I wanted to drop the Cowboys for the Titans until I saw they’ll play the Dolphins next week, lol

Packers vs. Broncos

Bills vs. Bengals

Titans vs. Jaguars

I will drop the Texans for one of them. - As I am a Fournette owner I could go with the Titans and bench him. But I really like the Packers DEF atm. (ROS outlook...?)

5 hours ago, MadMaxMariota said:

GB vs DEN

TB vs NYG

SEA vs NO

SF vs PIT

PHI vs DET

Who do you guys like the best out of the above?

Green Bay seems like a good defense this week.

• Like 1

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Titans on Thursday Vs. Jax 

Or

Dallas Vs. Miami

Thoughts? I have Cleveland but do not like them against the Rams.

Dallas

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I like it very much but so far Dallas has not been that great with defensive points. 

They play Miami, the worst team in years. Pretty much every defense that plays Miami is the #1 option each week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, yanksman said:

They play Miami, the worst team in years. Pretty much every defense that plays Miami is the #1 option each week.

This.  I’m thinking of grabbing the redskins tomorrow for their week 6 matchup with Miami while Chicago is on bye. 

Cowboys are the streaming option of the week, hands down.

I would say Packers vs Broncos and 49ers vs Pittsburg are tied for second. Hard to tell how well Mason Rudolph will play and Conner's health is a factor.

Titans vs JAX would be my 3rd pick. Titans offense will struggle against JAX and therefore, Titans DEF will be on the field longer than the Packers or 49ers will be IMO.

Is Miami bad enough that you should start planning ahead for them?  I'm wasting a bench spot on the Chargers DST this week who play the Dolphins week 4.

Edited by Hero202

Which defenses do you guys never drop? I have Baltimore and Rams DST in two leagues and I'm not sure if I should drop a WR3/4 or the DST to stream.

24 minutes ago, Jin said:

Which defenses do you guys never drop? I have Baltimore and Rams DST in two leagues and I'm not sure if I should drop a WR3/4 or the DST to stream.

Chicago D, and even they are underperforming compared to last year. Those two D's are easy drops for me. But I've always been a streamer , and that will never change. I never understood how folks just continue on with one defense for the whole year, even top defenses .  Doing that you get some good weeks, some great weeks, some bad weeks, some very bad weeks, it's just all over the place. I rather pick my matchups and stream, and most often times than not, I do hit on whoever I pickup. And yeah sometimes the top stream of the week , just crap the bed. For instance Carolina D last week against Tampa Bay, everyone was hyping them up. I for instance faded them, and it worked to my benefit. You need to go with your gut along with whatever research you did on said defense for that week. And there's such a big variance on how defenses perform year to year, it's been well documented. The Jags from 2017 , even Chicago falls under that from 2018 to now. I'm talking more fantasy wise mind you, but even irl . And sometimes it really pays off picking the right defense to stream, you can win a given week just off their performance if they go HAM .  That rarely happens with top defenses, it's usually a low scoring game but nothing crazy for big fantasy points. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Thanks 2