beerfish

Game Day Weather 2019

12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

dunno what the weddah looks like in the Capitol, but methinks Driskel feasts on the Indigenous Peeples - Darnold just lit them the frick up ... i'd scoop him over those two.

Forecast is calling for a beautiful day with a stiff breeze.

Mostly Sunny, 53 degrees

Winds 15-25 mph, tapering off as the day goes on. Not sure what they’ll be like at game time.

On 10/27/2019 at 9:09 AM, Sternes said:

These fricking forecasts seem to imply

giphy.gif

then we get this

giphy.gif

That’s usually how it goes, but I remember a game a few years back I think was in Philly where they said “there might be a light dusting of snow” before the game and it ended up being a blizzard.

10 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Forecast is calling for a beautiful day with a stiff breeze.

Mostly Sunny, 53 degrees

Winds 15-25 mph, tapering off as the day goes on. Not sure what they’ll be like at game time.

ooofff ... hopefully Prater is lined up against me somewhere 🤔

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ooofff ... hopefully Prater is lined up against me somewhere 🤔

It’s also supposed to rain today/tonight. FedEx field is notoriously bad at holding up this time of year since Snyder is too cheap to pay for extra field maintenance attention.  Footing could be an issue.

59 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Weather is gonna be brutal in NY tomorrow. Heavy rain and winds all day. Could be tough for Oak-NYJ game. 

Good. Makes my decision to take a flyer on R. Anderson a no. 

Weather looks nasty in NE as well.

DC doesn't look that bad. Was actually thinking of using Prater because Driskel should be able to move the ball.

https://rotogrinders.com/weather/nfl

42 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

That’s usually how it goes, but I remember a game a few years back I think was in Philly where they said “there might be a light dusting of snow” before the game and it ended up being a blizzard.

I dug it up, it was week 14 (fantasy playoffs) Detroit @ Philly and the weather forecast was calling for a wintery mix or a light dusting.

Fun stuff seeing the reactions later in the thread.

It ended up being a high scoring game.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It’s also supposed to rain today/tonight. FedEx field is notoriously bad at holding up this time of year since Snyder is too cheap to pay for extra field maintenance attention.  Footing could be an issue.

sounds like perfect sledding for Bo to log 20+ totes and truck many fools ... my Golladay play looks a bit dicier, though he can break some ankles and do beaucoup YAC damage in that slop, i s'pose 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Rain the night before a game isn't something to worry about but I know worry is what rotoworld does best. If you really want to nitpick it could easily favor the WR. He knows where he's going at least, the DB is the one who has to try keep up

Just now, owenmills said:

Rain the night before a game isn't something to worry about but I know worry is what rotoworld does best. If you really want to nitpick it could easily favor the WR. He knows where he's going at least, the DB is the one who has to try keep up

.... and that's what i just said 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

my Golladay play looks a bit dicier, though he can break some ankles and do beaucoup YAC damage in that slop, i s'pose 🤷‍♂️

my main concern for Kenny G has nary a bit to do with the slop, and everything to do with 15-25 mph sustained - his gig is the deep ball. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Just watched some local forecasts in DC and Philly. Definitely going to be gusty.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

.... and that's what i just said 🤷‍♂️

You said 'my Golladay looks a bit dicier'. No he doesn't. He looks dicey for sure but not because of rain the night before. I know you tried to hedge your bets and say but uhh yeah maybe he still does ok. So not really sure what you're trying to say actually. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

You said 'my Golladay looks a bit dicier'. No he doesn't. He looks dicey for sure but not because of rain the night before. I know you tried to hedge your bets and say but uhh yeah maybe he still does ok. So not really sure what you're trying to say actually. 

THE.  WIND. 

TIA

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

THE.  WIND. 

TIA

Haha you didn’t say anything about wind in your original post worrying about Golladay, you were quoting someone talking about a damp field. But if you want to walk it back to that ok.

In any case, I live in DC and I don’t think it’s supposed to be crazy windy. Even accuweather only shows gusts of 25mph which isn’t that bad. As ARod would say relax(about the DC weather)

6 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

14 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Haha you didn’t say anything about wind in your original post worrying about Golladay, you were quoting someone talking about a damp field. But if you want to walk it back to that ok.

In any case, I live in DC and I don’t think it’s supposed to be crazy windy. Even accuweather only shows gusts of 25mph which isn’t that bad. As ARod would say relax(about the DC weather)

Callahan is going to run the ball 60 times in that game even if it's partly cloudy.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, owenmills said:

dood, why the fascination with this "GOTCHA!!!1!1111!1" schtick?

if you notice, i said dicier, meaning that i had already considered it dicey due to the wind forecast. 

then i allowed that KG can "break some ankles and do YAC damage" in the slop. 

never once did i advocate benching him, nor did i bust out any "ZOMG!!!1!!1!1!1 BAD WEATHER!!!11! OH NOES!!!1!"

but, hey, if it makes you all chest puffy and chit, sure ... have at it 👉👌

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

dood, why the fascination with this "GOTCHA!!!1!1111!1" schtick?

if you notice, i said dicier, meaning that i had already considered it dicey due to the wind forecast. 

then i allowed that KG can "break some ankles and do YAC damage" in the slop. 

never once did i advocate benching him, nor did i bust out any "ZOMG!!!1!!1!1!1 BAD WEATHER!!!11! OH NOES!!!1!"

but, hey, if it makes you all chest puffy and chit, sure ... have at it 👉👌

You're basically the guy who never stops responding and has to have the last word in back & forths I've noticed, but you're bothered that I keep responding? Gotcha. Anyways, I live in DC and looking outside there is no noticeable wind right now. I wouldn't sweat the players playing on a damp field. If anything if would favor the offense if people want to think it favors anybody at all.

MISERABLE WEATHER HERE, ABANDON ALL HOPE!!! BIBLICAL!!1!

... but, srsly, exceedingly raw morning thus far - steady rain and roughly 10-15 mph  ... expected to tame itself a tad for J-E-T-SJETSJETSJETS!!1! & RAIHHHDUHHHZZZ 🌧

might be a right boon for cats like Renfrow and Wallerus and Crowder and DT ... and L'ev, of course. 

🍜

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

I dug it up, it was week 14 (fantasy playoffs) Detroit @ Philly and the weather forecast was calling for a wintery mix or a light dusting.

Fun stuff seeing the reactions later in the thread.

It ended up being a high scoring game.

I watched that stupid game. As a Lions fan and as someone playing against McCoy in fantasy.  Lions stuffed McCoy in the first half, think he had 11 or maybe it was 20 yards.  Then it all came apart. McCoy ran for 148 yards in the fourth quarter, and finished with 217 on the day and two touchdowns.  Knocked me out of the fantasy playoffs right at the beginning.  That was also the season the Lions were at the top of the division at 7-5, needed I believe one win to clinch, and lost their last 4 to finish 7-9.  Good times.

Looks like the Raiders @ Jets and the Cowboys @ Patriots are our only weather concerns.  The Bills game looks clear and I don't see any wind reports elsewhere.  Anyone see anything else to be concerned about?

Dropping Maher for another kicker today. 

NE defense didn’t worry me as much as the heavy rain and wind does. 

17 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Dropping Maher for another kicker today. 

NE defense didn’t worry me as much as the heavy rain and wind does. 

Good call! I'm going to do the same now. 

You weren't kidding about the heavy rain:

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/Foxborough+MA?canonicalCityId=f3f6b3eb5d58eccab69ddeebbca9ccf8c619b84ec1151cfb0157872742f0cd24

Yep- heavy rain in NE.

Rain is stopping by kick in Philly and wind gusts are like 15 MPH--which doesn't seem too bad at all?

2 hours ago, Sternes said:

Looks like the Raiders @ Jets and the Cowboys @ Patriots are our only weather concerns.  The Bills game looks clear and I don't see any wind reports elsewhere.  Anyone see anything else to be concerned about?

Raiders and Jets looks like light rain in the first half, and winds at 10-15 MPH. I don't think that's enough of a factor to downgrade any skill position players. Maybe look elsewhere for kickers, if your league uses them. Other than that, not really a big deal. 

Edited by ajs723

Is the weather worse in Philly or New England? I want to stick with Nick Folk but May pick up Jake Elliot.

11 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Is the weather worse in Philly or New England? I want to stick with Nick Folk but May pick up Jake Elliot.

Much much worse in NE.

• Thanks 1