beerfish

Game Day Weather 2019

13 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

So that means horrible passing game?

Not at all.  

15 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

So that means horrible passing game?

Maybe but the Pats cant run the ball. Michel is averaging just 3.3 ypr. The Pats will have to take to the air.

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Maybe but the Pats cant run the ball. Michel is averaging just 3.3 ypr. The Pats will have to take to the air.

I think the same applies to Zeke not being able to run against Pats D and Dak will take to the air but it depends on the wind at 4:25 PM start.

9 minutes ago, Brh1219 said:

worried about folk myself is it a sit for him? May be up mcloughlin

I had to drop him for the Pitt K. Prob both get same points. Just my season in a nutshell. Wind kills K plus precipitation, no thanks

For those looking for a kicker who isn't going to battle the elements, Koo was sitting on my WW this AM.  Yahoo has him 72% owned, +68% in the last day, maybe someone is sleeping in your league and he is still available.

4 minutes ago, Sternes said:

For those looking for a kicker who isn't going to battle the elements, Koo was sitting on my WW this AM.  Yahoo has him 72% owned, +68% in the last day, maybe someone is sleeping in your league and he is still available.

... and, if the Young'n is taken, take a gander at Seibert in Cleveland - none too shabby of a consolation -

The Weather is beautiful in DC today.

There were concerns about the wind, but it’s not bad, slight breeze, maybe 10mph Max. Don’t fade anyone in the Lions passing/kicking game.  

It did, however rain really hard all night, so we’ll see how FedEx field holds up for footing.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

Anyone live near the Met Life? How's it look? Wondering if I should pivot off of Darnold.

I’m 5 miles from the stadium. It’s been raining here all morning steadily. Radar looks like it will continue until about 4:00. Wind isn’t terrible. Slightly gusty. 

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Sternes said:

The nice thing about Koo is his playoff schedule:  dome, California, dome

• Like 1

Last week dealt with bad weather in NY, had 2 Seahawks in Philly, my kicker in NE. Bad week. But now have 2 packers in NY, freezing rain and wind, Evans with heavy wind in Jacksonville, Darnold wind and rain in Cinci, and Butker in KC, 35 mph winds. Cmon man give me a break. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Islanderman said:

Last week dealt with bad weather in NY, had 2 Seahawks in Philly, my kicker in NE. Bad week. But now have 2 packers in NY, freezing rain and wind, Evans with heavy wind in Jacksonville, Darnold wind and rain in Cinci, and Butker in KC, 35 mph winds. Cmon man give me a break. 

... and the three Turkey Day games were climate controlled dome specials - so no relief from any of those six teams if anyone wants to pivot off of a couple/few of their Sunday starters in the inclement environs. 

KC is really starting to look downright stoooopid - i have been patiently waiting for the 'cast to abate somewhat into something a tad more hospitable, but it hasn't freakin' budged. at. all. 

up here for Jints/Packers - day's gonna start with snow, but temps are gonna gradually rise during gametime ... forecast of light snow/freezing rain at the start, then switching to all rain as the game moves on (definitely switching to rain in first half if 'cast holds) - 100% on the rain, it's coming ... winds 10-20mph - would expect it to be tamer on the actual field, what with the high enclosed ends of MetLife, this ain't the old open ended Giants Stadium where a measly 15 mph created swirling/hurricane like conditions on the gridiron 🤔

• Thanks 1

Yeah this KC weather has me nervous. I’m in a must win matchup with mahomes and hill and theres no way I could bring myself to bench them for guys like Foles/tannehill and fuller/shady.

Edited by Silkk1211

1 minute ago, Silkk1211 said:

Yeah this KC weather has me nervous. I’m in a must win matchup with mahomes and hill and theres no way I could bring myself to bench them for guys like Foles/tannehill and fuller/shady.

i already plugged $$$$$Money f'n Mitch$$$$$ on Thursday in lieu of Foles - rain and 15-20mph sustained forecast for Jax 🤷‍♂️

Brisket would be a great option, and prolly available in majority of leegs, but he has no one to throw to. 

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i already plugged $$$$$Money f'n Mitch$$$$$ on Thursday in lieu of Foles - rain and 15-20mph sustained forecast for Jax 🤷‍♂️

Brisket would be a great option, and prolly available in majority of leegs, but he has no one to throw to. 

Yeah, Brissett, Carr, Allen, and Foles are all options but there’s no way I could bench mahomes and live with it costing me my season. If there were rain or snow conbined with the wind I would think a little harder on it but as of now I don’t think there’s any way I could bench them. I am also a slight underdog as well.

1 minute ago, Silkk1211 said:

Yeah, Brissett, Carr, Allen, and Foles are all options but there’s no way I could bench mahomes and live with it costing me my season. If there were rain or snow conbined with the wind I would think a little harder on it but as of now I don’t think there’s any way I could bench them. I am also a slight underdog as well.

Carr playing in same conditions as Mahomes, and is atrocious in foul weather ... Allen and Foles both facing rain/wind in Carolina/Jax. 

hell, even a very fringe cat like Dalton (vs a very leaky Jets secondary) is up against similar weather agita in Cincy. 

not suggesting you, or anyone, bench Mahomes ... i was just illustrating how dire the stream game is this week - worst i can ever recall 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I just checked the weather forecast for KC and it actually shows the winds down to 19 mph by 4pm and continuing to slightly decrease as the game goes on. With no precip involved, I think the chiefs could overcome the wind and come up with some big plays as bad as Oak is.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Islanderman said:

Looking at Jacksonville weather it lists windy conditions between 1 and 4pm. Can’t make it up. Today its 70 snd sunny with zero wind. 

The FF Weather Gus are saying no impact to the game.  FWIW