beerfish

Game Day Weather 2019

Today in the Baltimore area the weather is really nice in the mid 40's and mostly cloudy. That will take a turn for the worse for Sunday as it is calling for a 100% of steady rain all day and continuing in the mid 40's. Look for a lot of Mark Ingram and Lamar Jackson running and also big games from Mark Andrews and George Kittle.

4 hours ago, Vivens26 said:

What u guys think about this NY vs GB game? It’s showing the forecast to be rain and snow. 

It's supposed to be moderate but it's definitely concerning. Might have to temper expectations a bit on a guy like Slayton and perhaps give a slight boost to the RBs. 

roughly 5 1/2 hrs to kickoff up here, and it's calm as can be - chilly (30°), with very light wind. 

storm is supposed to blow through in a few hours, forecast still calling for 100% rain thru the whole game (Jints/Pack), with 10-20mph. 

but we good right now, wish they were kicking off at 8 a.m. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

roughly 5 1/2 hrs to kickoff up here, and it's calm as can be - chilly (30°), with very light wind. 

storm is supposed to blow through in a few hours, forecast still calling for 100% rain thru the whole game (Jints/Pack), with 10-20mph. 

but we good right now, wish they were kicking off at 8 a.m. 🤷‍♂️

My panic meter about the ny weather is 5 vs my panic meter about Kylers hammy is 6, so i guess ima go arod 

11 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

My panic meter about the ny weather is 5 vs my panic meter about Kylers hammy is 6, so i guess ima go arod 

... wind starting to pick up now, easily over 10 mph atm, looks like the 'cast is right on schedule ... GL ✌

Light rain, no wind in DC this morning. We usually have very similar weather or Baltimore, so I don’t see it affecting the Ravens-Niners game too much, except for a bit of wet turf.

Do we think the weather in Baltimore will affect the pass game?

How about Giants game? There won't be much wind. Would think light snow would be better than rain?

• Like 1

About an hour west of Baltimore. No wind. Steady rain but not a downpour. No chance of it turning to snow. Just gonna be a wet mess.

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

20mph+ winds throughout the game in Kansas City. 

At what point does the wind hurt kickers typically?

I certainly wouldnt want a kicker in those winds

12 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

About an hour west of Baltimore. No wind. Steady rain but not a downpour. No chance of it turning to snow. Just gonna be a wet mess.

So I guess deebo and Hollywood and Sanders not good starts

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

What about jets in Cindy? 60% chance of rain with 20-25 mph winds. Would both teams run the ball more?

Just dont play Jets or Bengals. Better off that way anyway. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

What about jets in Cindy? 60% chance of rain with 20-25 mph winds. Would both teams run the ball more?

I’m seeing 17mph going down to 14mph during the game, in the 40’s, with rain not supposed to arrive until 4-5pm?

30 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

20mph+ winds throughout the game in Kansas City. 

At what point does the wind hurt kickers typically?

Says around 17. I’m not sitting Butker cause of that. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Looks like the wind at game time should be 15MPH, not sure what the gusts will be.

Dalton will want to sling it around and audition for next season (with another team).

The Jets CBs have been better lately.  Maulet and Austin playing competently have been key to the Jets last two wins.  The Jets are getting Darryl Roberts back who was one of their starting CBs this season, but he was kind of trash.  Keep an eye on who the Jets start at CB.

If the Jets manage to play defense like they have for the past two weeks, I'd expect to see the Bengals go for short stuff to the TE's, RB's and WRs running short routes to try to take advantage of the Jets linebackers when they're in zone defense.

• Thanks 1

icy rain coming down now, intermittently - but when it's falling, it's heavy. 

wind still manageable, nothing crazy thus far 🤔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

icy rain coming down now, intermittently - but when it's falling, it's heavy. 

wind still manageable, nothing crazy thus far 🤔

Thanks for the intel! Any chance you can go to the local high school and run some 40 dashes and throw a couple passes? 

I've heard a lot of talk about bad weather in Jacksonville. Looks like winds of 16-17 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Light drizzle. Winds blowing SW, WSW. TIAA Bank Field oriented N-S with about a 10° tilt clockwise. So wind will be blowing not quite N-S across the field, maybe diagonally at times but at least not horizontally.

Not sure if that info helps anyone else make a decision, I am looking at Foles or Darnold. Found an interesting article on QB performance in poor weather if anyone is interested or hasnt read it. 

https://towardsdatascience.com/football-weather-diving-into-the-effects-of-weather-on-nfl-qb-performance-f0edb420623d