Sign in to follow this  
BigBenTheSteelerMan

Wr-wr or rb-rb

Drafted at 9 or 10 in 4 out of my 5 leagues this season and found that WR-WR was the play at those draft positions. You have great security being able to pair guys like Adams-MT or Julio-ODB.

In my 12 team 3 wr full ppr league I go WR/WR if im drafting at the back end of the first round to ensure that I have 2 quality starters at that position. 

Most of my drafts I'll come out of my first two picks with a great RB AND a great WR. Which one came first will depend on draft position. And I'm not even married to this philosophy. It just tends to work out that way. 

47 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Last pick in a 12 team ppr. This is my all time favorite spot to draft from. I always get the guys I want .... 

Except for the guys taken 1 through 11.

• Haha 1

In a standard H2H (10 teams) I went RB-RB (Chubb and Gurley) but I usually try to go for best available.  

Edited by DLG10

3 hours ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Last pick in a 12 team ppr. This is my all time favorite spot to draft from. I always get the guys I want even if I have to reach a tad. I have no problem taking a guy at #13 that the ADP says should go much later in round 2 or even early round 3. If I like that dude over all those before him, he's mine.  But I am torn on my direction this year. Do I go stud WRs back to back and hope to land a Montgomery/Carson in the 3rd/4th. All the mocks I have done I like my teams either way I draft. 

I've been mocking from 12 and anytime I go RB RB I don't like the WRs I end up with compared to when I go WR WR first.. love the RBS I get at the 3/4 turn

I used a WR first strategy in one draft and a RB first in another.   ( these were for test purposes- all in the name of science!)

The other 2 leagues I did best available.     And honesty, I love both the WR- RB first teams.   And in the WR first I did not even select a RB until the 6th round.   So, the strategy works IMO.

12 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I've been mocking from 12 and anytime I go RB RB I don't like the WRs I end up with compared to when I go WR WR first.. love the RBS I get at the 3/4 turn

End of Draft spot this year you go WR - WR - RB - top 3 te/ RB - RB

Early Draft spot this year you go RB RB RB RB RB WR WR lol 

If you have a top 3 pick like I did in my $500 buy in money league on yahoo , i went RB, WR, TE  in first 3 rounds, I had 2nd overall it’s half point ppr 10 team this is what my top 6 picks were and I’m very happy with my tram overall

1st round (2nd overall) - McCaffrey, very high floor can’t really go wrong here a lock for at least 90 receptions 200ish carries 

2nd round (19th overall)- Mike Evans, last of the really good WR tier imo and again very high floor and has high upside this year 

3rd round (21 overall) - Kittle, 3rd year and the sky’s the limit right, I think Ertz takes a small step back but I think Kittle has very similar year maybe a few less yards but definitely should have more TD’s , TE is way too thin and the difference of the top 3 and the rest are crazy

4th round (38th overall) - Josh Jacobs, after playing it safe with high floor and high upside guys , I went with a very high upside and unknown floor but all signs point to them feeding him and this kid has a unique skill set so I would think his floor would be low rb2 but upside rb1 how can you pass that up in the end of the 4th round

5th round (42overall) - Mark Ingram, May be the riskiest pick but like others said this was a pure GUT move and I couldn’t ignore my gut feeling , love the scheme on the ravens and I watched a very interesting fantasy football video of a guy stating some very Interesting thoughts and math on this Cat, he said if you average the last 4 years of Ingram’s career and he only got 200 carries this year with 3 ref a game that would make him the RB14 of last year, that’s just mind boggling because I see him getting around 240-250 carries  so yeah I mean I like him a lot this year, they didn’t pay him the 10th highest paid rb not to get over 200 carries right?

6th round (58th overall) - Tyler Lockett , self explanatory 😍

with a top 3 pick going RB, WR, TE worked out really well , think it’s the way to go your almost locked 🔒 to get Evans in the 2nd and an elite TE in the 3rd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Brye said:

If you have a top 3 pick like I did in my $500 buy in money league on yahoo , i went RB, WR, TE  in first 3 rounds, I had 2nd overall it’s half point ppr 10 team this is what my top 6 picks were and I’m very happy with my tram overall

1st round (2nd overall) - McCaffrey, very high floor can’t really go wrong here a lock for at least 90 receptions 200ish carries 

2nd round (19th overall)- Mike Evans, last of the really good WR tier imo and again very high floor and has high upside this year 

3rd round (21 overall) - Kittle, 3rd year and the sky’s the limit right, I think Ertz takes a small step back but I think Kittle has very similar year maybe a few less yards but definitely should have more TD’s , TE is way too thin and the difference of the top 3 and the rest are crazy

4th round (38th overall) - Josh Jacobs, after playing it safe with high floor and high upside guys , I went with a very high upside and unknown floor but all signs point to them feeding him and this kid has a unique skill set so I would think his floor would be low rb2 but upside rb1 how can you pass that up in the end of the 4th round

5th round (42overall) - Mark Ingram, May be the riskiest pick but like others said this was a pure GUT move and I couldn’t ignore my gut feeling , love the scheme on the ravens and I watched a very interesting fantasy football video of a guy stating some very Interesting thoughts and math on this Cat, he said if you average the last 4 years of Ingram’s career and he only got 200 carries this year with 3 ref a game that would make him the RB14 of last year, that’s just mind boggling because I see him getting around 240-250 carries  so yeah I mean I like him a lot this year, they didn’t pay him the 10th highest paid rb not to get over 200 carries right?

with a top 3 pick going RB, WR, TE worked out really well , think it’s the way to go your almost locked 🔒 to get Evans in the 2nd and an elite TE in the 3rd

You have created a monster team.   Playoff bound for sure.   Great draft!

went WR-WR in my 12 team .5 PPR. lucked out to an extent and ended up with Carson & Montgomery as my backs, Woods was sitting there in the 5th to be my flex guy.

Drafting 8th in a 10 teamer and I am implementing the ZERO WR strategy, wish me luck. I'm hoping to get CHubb/Bell Rnd 1 Mixon/cook rnd 2 Montgomery/Jacobs rnd 3 and Sony/Ingram rnd 4 … after that ill scarf up some wrs

1 hour ago, Brye said:

lockett in the 6th and Ingram in the 5th is unheard of. DO you play against children?

Just now, NInsko said:

lockett in the 6th and Ingram in the 5th is unheard of. DO you play against children?

Bro I do t know how Lockett was there at the end of the 6th almost 7th round but I was shocked too and Ingram in the 5th was also funny ....... my 1st time doing a $500 buy in I usually do $100 buy ins on yahoo and I thought it would be way harder to have guys drop to you that have huge upside and value ..... guess that’s not the case 😂😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brye said:

Bro I do t know how Lockett was there at the end of the 6th almost 7th round but I was shocked too and Ingram in the 5th was also funny ....... my 1st time doing a $500 buy in I usually do $100 buy ins on yahoo and I thought it would be way harder to have guys drop to you that have huge upside and value ..... guess that’s not the case 😂😂😂

500 buy in is baller I do a 200 with my pals,, time for us to step it up 

2 minutes ago, NInsko said:

500 buy in is baller I do a 200 with my pals,, time for us to step it up 

Bro I got Tarik Cohen in the 9th and Dede Westbrook in the 11th as well if that’s even more laughable? 

Im going after D Montgomery and am a little down on Cohen. Coach even said he was overworked last yr

6 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Im going after D Montgomery and am a little down on Cohen. Coach even said he was overworked last yr

Yeah he’s my bye week filler couldent pass him up as a 9th rounder