Sign in to follow this  
pyro7

Nic Batum 2019-2020 Outlook

now that kemba is gone, nic batum is undoubtedly the best player right? can he return to being a top 50 guy?

Homie has been straight bum juice for 3 years now and getting worse. Situation looks great, but it's not happening.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, pyro7 said:

now that kemba is gone, nic batum is undoubtedly the best player right? can he return to being a top 50 guy?

Miles Bridges is their best player IMO. They should prioritize him, but I get the feeling Rozier will ballhog the team to oblivion while trying to prove a point.

• Like 1

Batum sucks but in he ended up with decent stats.  They need offense and he can dribble/pass/shoot so there's reason for 4-5 assists / game, 1.5 threes, some stocks.  That's kind of Joe Ingles-ish with more steals?  Probably could be had a round later than Ingles?  

• Like 1

56 y.o. Michael Jordan is the Hornets best player

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jay14bay said:

56 y.o. Michael Jordan is the Hornets best player

C'est possible.  

• Like 1

Batum is starting, so thats the obvious good thing for him. He had a career low in usage last season so one would think it will definitely increase this season. An uptick in usage should make him a better fantasy player in theory, but he doesnt seem like the same player anymore. If hes still there in the later rounds id take a flier on him, but im not going outta my way to draft him.

• Like 1

I miss the 2011-2013 Batum, one of my favorite players a true Swiss army knife with 1/1/1 potential. 

• Like 2

He might be decent for the first half of the season, just playing him for kicks, or to help teach the younglins. He will very likely be on the waiver wire come playoff time, with a lot of cautionary rest. 

On 9/11/2019 at 12:04 AM, RipCity0 said:

I think this guy is done. He is 31 but feels close to 40.

100% agree. He kinda lost 10 steps over the last years, and is useful manly because of his defence because his shot isn't falling anymore.

Too bad cause he was one of my favorite players for whom  I once trade for. Melo for him  2013 or 2014, can't recall.

I think Batum still has value as a late-rounder if you're risk averse... but he has extremely low upside.  I usually use the late round to get as much upside and take as many risk as possible. Hitting 1 of your late round risks always makes your team that much better than playing it safe with a rosterable late rounder with no upside.  Hell, hitting TWO of your late round risks can guarantee you the title if you didn't F up any earlier picks. 

•  

•  
    • 1520.jpg
    • Nicolas Batum is out for the remainder of Wednesday's game vs. Miami with right Achilles soreness.

That's not good for the aging French wing, but this isn't to the same Achilles that kept him out later in the 2018-19 season. Still, this is a major concern for him as we get closer to the season, and it's very likely the Hornets will manage his minutes. If this is more than a day-to-day issue, Malik Monk will get his shot while Dwayne Bacon gets even more burn.

Oct 9, 2019, 9:02 PM ET

•  

Edited by MysticPeak

I think he's worth a last pick flier. He has the chance to put up top 100 this year, but Bridges should really be the priority at the wing/PF spot in Charlotte.

He's done.  Starting to work on his announcer/assistant coach skills:

Nicolas Batum said he spoke with head coach James Borrego and informed him that he'd be fine working with the second unit this season.

This would imply that PJ Washington, Dwayne Bacon and Miles Bridges will be opening night starters in Charlotte, and confirms that Batum is best to ignore in most draft rooms. Washington and Bacon are on the radar as potential late-round fliers, while Bridges tends to come off the board in the 85-range.

Back soon. Anyone think he’s worth picking up? Don’t think he’ll be great but with 25 mins he could be serviceable. 

1 hour ago, thornton1986 said:

Back soon. Anyone think he’s worth picking up? Don’t think he’ll be great but with 25 mins he could be serviceable. 

He's done. Fringe 14 teamer.