MilesBridgesBetterThanZion

Terry Rozier 2019-2020 Outlook

Haven't watched any of his games, but he has been surprisingly consistent. Anybody who's watched the games who can give their two cents on this nice string of games?

Edited by Eboladipo

16 minutes ago, Eboladipo said:

Haven't watched any of his games, but he has been surprisingly consistent. Anybody who's watched the games who can give their two cents on this nice string of games?

I've watched pretty much every Hornets game this season. The first few games he seemed like a ball hog and a chucker. But then Devonte happened. Now he's seemed to have humbly accepted his role on the team and seems to play more conservatively and within the system. His shot has been inconsistent all season but I guess he's just been feeling it these past couple games. It's kinda annoying now because when he's hot it seems like they don't feed him the ball enough. 

• Like 1

Devonte and Terry play really well together, and this past games Rosier seemed to find his groove back. 

Hope he gets SG eligibility @ ESPN. 

Sooooo glad that he's started to become reliable over the past 2 weeks after that horrible start to the season.  I was thinking I made a mistake drafting him lol

30 minutes ago, kilslo said:

Definitely been surprised that his shooting isn't totally laying waste to FG%s. 

People that have Rozier should be happy about that, but in context, I have Shai and his FG% is suprisingly a little lower than Rozier is right now on one more shot, and I am not pleased with it at all as I drafted for efficiency.  So its all about perspective and expectations.

28 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Definitely been surprised that his shooting isn't totally laying waste to FG%s. 

People that have Rozier should be happy about that, but in context, I have Shai and his FG% is suprisingly a little lower than Rozier is right now on one more shot, and I am not pleased with it at all as I drafted for efficiency.  So its all about perspective and expectations.

Rozier shooting efficiency since Graham has been inserted into the starting lineup has been way better than his overall numbers show 

A lot of his minutes are now coming w one of Devonte or Malik on the floor with Rozier nearly exclusively playing off the ball bc his decision making with the ball in his hands is still bad

I think Borrego has figured out that he should never have the ball in his hands more than 5 seconds at a time

I don't have super high hopes that these numbers will hold all season but his recent play/role is encouraging so much so that I’m no longer trying to move him as I was once before 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kilslo said:

Rozier shooting efficiency since Graham has been inserted into the starting lineup has been way better than his overall numbers show 

A lot of his minutes are now coming w one of Devonte or Malik on the floor with Rozier nearly exclusively playing off the ball bc his decision making with the ball in his hands is still bad

I think Borrego has figured out that he should never have the ball in his hands more than 5 seconds at a time

I don't have super high hopes that these numbers will hold all season but his recent play/role is encouraging so much so that I’m no longer trying to move him as I was once before 

This! There was a time where i wanted to move him and purposely bench him in my Roto league but as of late, he's been beyond great to be honest...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rproflmao said:

This! There was a time where i wanted to move him and purposely bench him in my Roto league but as of late, he's been beyond great to be honest...

He is much better at catch and shoot than I expected him to be. Dates back to last year as well so it may not be a fluke

Just need him to embrace his role as a catch and shoot guy who can drive to the basket (even though he doesn’t finish) and rebound

He should not be running the offense

I’ll take the efficiency over the assists 

Scary Terry flying under the radar this season. %’s all up, hitting triples at a rapid clip and doubled PPG. Think he’s being overshadowed by graham but damn he’s been a steal this year

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Scary Terry flying under the radar this season. %’s all up, hitting triples at a rapid clip and doubled PPG. Think he’s being overshadowed by graham but damn he’s been a steal this year

Nah he just got off to a rough start this year, people that don't own him don't know what he's been doing the past couple weeks. boards and defense are down, but literally everything else is improved on the season (including turnovers, where he was going through a real rough patch right before it). If he keeps this up he should easily put up the top 60 overall numbers (with rarer stats) that myself and many were hoping to get out of him when we drafted.

51 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

Sometimes you forget that he's Terry Rozier. 

Today we all remember. 

We should give him a pass. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

Sometimes you forget that he's Terry Rozier. 

Today we all remember. 

Almost cost me the week but Graham came to the rescue. So atleast now I can laugh about it. Earlier in the week it was Graham who was slacking off while Terry was carrying the load so all is forgiven

• Like 1

I like this dude. I thought he was a selfish personality but having watched him play many times this season, he's actually a great teammate (imo). Brings a good attitude and energy to the team. He seems to humbly take a backseat role but can also step up and be the man if needed.

• Like 1