The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

10 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

The struggle is real with your RB situation 

😵

13 hours ago, Bandito said:

All I know is my only other active RB this week was Hilliman, and I left him and his 6 PPR points on the bench.  Hoping Edmonds gets me that much.  Anything over is gravy.

As of last thursday DJ was forecasted to not play...so you were banking on that news to sneak in Edmonds. Now with DJ playing Edmonds might get a few carries

On 10/12/2019 at 4:41 PM, kraftwrk_5 said:

Probably going to drop him if DJ is active. For us non-DJ owners, this ride might be over before it began.

Not so fast 

• Haha 2

Beast...👀

• Like 1

DJ should thank Edmonds for providing him value this week.  31 yard catch and tackled at the 1 yard line setting up a goal line carry for DJ.

• Like 2

Edmonds is pretty good

But you guys seem to have forgotten how bad the Falcons are against pass catching RBs

13 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

DJ should thank Edmonds for providing him value this week.  31 yard catch and tackled at the 1 yard line setting up a goal line carry for DJ.

I played him, tough losing the TD to DJ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Edmonds is pretty good

But you guys seem to have forgotten how bad the Falcons are against pass catching RBs

*how bad the Falcons are against OFFENSES

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kball09 said:

*how bad the Falcons are against OFFENSES

They look especially clueless against RB's out of the backfield.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

eDmOnDs iS bEtTeR

Why are DJ owners so insecure lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sSektor said:

eDmOnDs iS bEtTeR

Johnson averaging 2.9 on 10 carries, relax there champ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Johnson averaging 2.9 on 10 carries, relax there champ

YPC on limited usage has led people to thinking Alex Collins was worth a 3rd rounder. It's almost like defenses key in on the run more when DJ is on the field.

Edmonds is good. Crowning him as better than DJ because he broke off a few nice runs is just obnoxious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

YPC on limited usage has led people to thinking Alex Collins was worth a 3rd rounder. It's almost like defenses key in on the run more when DJ is on the field.

Edmonds is good. Crowning him as better than DJ because he broke off a few nice runs is just obnoxious.

51 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Why are DJ owners so insecure lmao

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I never said he was, so no clue what you're talking about there. But commenting iN tHiS tYpE is the obnoxious portion of this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/12/2019 at 1:01 AM, Trifecta said:

He's a desperation must start for me. 

By that I mean I must start him because I'm desperate.

No complaints.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

No complaints.

he ended up being an excellent desperation play. Nice job. 

Nice game here.  He's a high upside handcuff that at least gets a little usage.  Better lottery ticket hold right now than somebody like Tony Pollard IMO.  Pollard is an afterthought and Zeke is a warrior.  

I still feel like David Johnson is shaky from a durability perspective so Edmonds seems like a great hold to me.

The one downside is I feel like the schedule is fairly tough.  That 49ers defense is looking like no joke and the Cards have them twice coming up.  And the Steelers Week 14 doesn't seem too hot.  

Still a pretty high upside hold and somebody I'd want if I were a DJ owner with a short bench.

He’s been flexable the last two weeks even with DJ active. Think I’ll hang onto him after all.

Looks like he's carving out an Ekeler type role. Needless to say he should be owned (and held) everywhere. 

I'm a Cards fan and I love Chase Edmonds. He's a better runner than DJ at this point and you can expect a similar split going forward. DJ has regressed a bit in terms of speed but he's still of an elite pass catcher and Kliff has really been able to utilize his strengths. I think both guys will produce going forward in this offense, and if anything happens to DJ, this guy easily becomes a league winner. 

11 minutes ago, EWV1 said:

Serious eye test marks - impressive.

I agree, however I'm also cautious since he has produced against two of the worst defenses in the league.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

I agree, however I'm also cautious since he has produced against two of the worst defenses in the league.

That's fair.

I wouldn't play him against SF.

Pittsburgh is starting to gel defensively and I'd be on the fence about Seattle and New Orleans.

But definitely worth a crack in NYG, TB, LAR, and CLE.

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

That's fair.

I wouldn't play him against SF.

Pittsburgh is starting to gel defensively and I'd be on the fence about Seattle and New Orleans.

But definitely worth a crack in NYG, TB, LAR, and CLE.

All but TB. Looking at what they did to CMC yesterday had me impressed. He did fine from a fantasy perspective, but not real life. Chase could probably produce with volume, but it is scary how bad Tampa made CMC look. That was the second time this year they made him look bad.

• Like 1